Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    But that's ageism. Lumping Sanders and Warren in with Biden simply because of their age is absurd IMO.
    Fortunately donald trump will be 74 in the next election and many republicans will hesitate to vote for such an old guy
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      Fortunately donald trump will be 74 in the next election and many republicans will hesitate to vote for such an old guy
      Donald makes Biden look young?
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
        Donald makes Biden look young?
        If it is Donald vs. Biden i am voting for whoever looks younger in the debates
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Bernie has released a detailed plan for erasing $1.6 Trillion of student loan debt by taxing....stock and bond trades? 0.5% on every equity trade. So a $100,000 stock trade will go from paying $4.95 to Schwab.....to $500 to the government? Oof. Bernie is starting to lose any affections I may have had for him.....OTOH, if my three kids can now go to college for free, I may change my tune quite a bit.....but if it's just for the outstanding debt, then ouch.

EDIT -- it does seem like his plan is to also make all public universities free. Hmmm. I'll listen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
            Hey, In The Corn! Do Joe Biden's views on segregation resonate with you like his views on abortion?

https://nypost.com/2019/06/21/joe-bi...ator-revealed/
            It amazes me that Obama, Hillary, etc. get the pass with the phrase, "My views have evolved on X subject." but Biden doesn't get the same pass.

If you ask me if my choices are Trump or Biden, whom am I voting for? I'll vote for Biden and not feel badly about it.

As my father said to me during the last election when I questioned him how he could vote for Trump, "I'm electing a President, not a Pope."

TW, what are you going to do if Biden gets the nod? Obviously, you can't vote (unless you drive to CA because I hear they let anyone in the state that day vote. ), but what is your reactioning going to be?
            "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
            - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
            - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Biden would almost certainly take positions as president that are further left than his legislative record, just based on the passage of time and the leftward movement of the Democratic Party (and/or the populace overall) on many of those issues. So while Biden remains very low if not last on my list of Democratic contenders, I wouldn't have to hesitate at all to vote for him over Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                Biden would almost certainly take positions as president that are further left than his legislative record, just based on the passage of time and the leftward movement of the Democratic Party (and/or the populace overall) on many of those issues. So while Biden remains very low if not last on my list of Democratic contenders, I wouldn't have to hesitate at all to vote for him over Trump.
                Hell, I'd vote for an overripe banana over Trump.
                “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                  True that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                    Overripe yes, green banana...I'd have to stop and think for minute.
                    "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                    - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                    - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                      Overripe yes, green banana...I'd have to stop and think for minute.
                      Just wait 2 weeks, u wont need to think at all
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                        Just wait 2 weeks, u wont need to think at all
                        That's how Trump got elected last time........
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Bernie has released a detailed plan for erasing $1.6 Trillion of student loan debt by taxing....stock and bond trades? 0.5% on every equity trade. So a $100,000 stock trade will go from paying $4.95 to Schwab.....to $500 to the government? Oof. Bernie is starting to lose any affections I may have had for him.....OTOH, if my three kids can now go to college for free, I may change my tune quite a bit.....but if it's just for the outstanding debt, then ouch.

EDIT -- it does seem like his plan is to also make all public universities free. Hmmm. I'll listen.
                          Thing is, only a little over 50% of Americans have money invested, in some way, in the stock market over 70% have student debt and I'd guess very few people beyond the 15-20 percent overlap have student debt. Which is to assume, ost people who still owe student loans don;t have the money to invest in the stock market, so even without the free college, it's typical Bernie--Tax the wealthy to subsidize the poor. So not very surprising at all, however WITH the Free College/Trade College provision--it's a solid, no brainer yes.
                          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                            Thing is, only a little over 50% of Americans have money invested, in some way, in the stock market over 70% have student debt and I'd guess very few people beyond the 15-20 percent overlap have student debt. Which is to assume, ost people who still owe student loans don;t have the money to invest in the stock market, so even without the free college, it's typical Bernie--Tax the wealthy to subsidize the poor. So not very surprising at all, however WITH the Free College/Trade College provision--it's a solid, no brainer yes.
                            It's true that just about 50% of Americans (although 50% of American families would be more accurate) have money invested in some way in the stock market, but only 44 million have student debt. Out of a total population in the USA of 327 million, that's just 13.4%. Maybe you meant something else?

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                              That's how Trump got elected last time........
                              The lesson, people? This time around, eat your bananas in a more timely fashion.
                              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                It's true that just about 50% of Americans (although 50% of American families would be more accurate) have money invested in some way in the stock market, but only 44 million have student debt. Out of a total population in the USA of 327 million, that's just 13.4%. Maybe you meant something else?
                                I misread, it's 70% of all STUDENTS, my bad. So you are correct 13%+ have that debt. So my correlation was baseless.

Does anyone have a breakdown of income brackets and dollars invested in the market--including 401Ks et al? Then another income bracket vs student debt table? That might be a more accurate way to see how many of those in debt would be helping their own cause through Bernies plan and how many are going to get a free ride (which is why I assume most folks would be against a proposal like this)

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X