No announcement yet.

*** VD 15 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTW, today happens to be Don Baylor's birthday.

Yes, I had Big Ed Morris for you. I did not have Lidge.

Comment

• gah… out of MH. Cripes.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        gah… out of MH. Cripes.
        You are also out of last place, so there is that.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
          FWIW, my pre-projections (I am about to start trying) prediction is that Johnny wins it. I have a reason for this, but it reveals too much strategy that I don't want to reveal.
          Johnny says me, you say Johnny, Revo is happy, I fear CJ and DMT, along with everyone else now....this is going to be interesting. I just got home and have a work meeting in an hour and a half, probably will not pick before then, so hopefully later tonight. Maybe there will be an obvious pick, but it does not seem like it
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            Johnny says me, you say Johnny, Revo is happy, I fear CJ and DMT, along with everyone else now....this is going to be interesting. I just got home and have a work meeting in an hour and a half, probably will not pick before then, so hopefully later tonight. Maybe there will be an obvious pick, but it does not seem like it
            I am just guessing with Johnny. CJ and DMT are dangerous, too, as are several others. If I ever finish projections, I'll know a bit more. So far in my projections, Ken wins. But that is probably because he's the only one I have projected and he has a lot more players than everyone else, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              You have work meetings at 11 PM? Yikes!

Comment

You have work meetings at 11 PM? Yikes!
                yeah, not terribly excited about that, but it is west coast so just 830 !
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• You have work meetings at 8:30 PM? Yikes! What do you do?

Comment

• Long work meetings apparently. Double yikes!

Comment

• Sorry for the wait...work was brutal today and will be tomorrow. I had Cicotte typed in last round before I switched to Cronin. Then I tried to talk myself out of him and got messed up trying to figure all the possibilities. Oh well, hopefully it works.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I am just guessing with Johnny. CJ and DMT are dangerous, too, as are several others. If I ever finish projections, I'll know a bit more. So far in my projections, Ken wins. But that is probably because he's the only one I have projected and he has a lot more players than everyone else, lol.
                        Can't see past Feral personally. I'm probably in a group of 6 or maybe 7 teams behind, any of which could conceivably win. I've only looked at my own team in any depth, and probably won't do projections this draft (no point, no time). I'm not really happy with where my numbers are going to be at. And although I have some player configurations to mess with, none give me the numbers I feel I need IMO.

In hindsight, I don't think I gambled enough with this strat. Should have realized when Feral picked Mariano Rivera that I needed to gamble earlier. It's been a LONG time since I've tried a career ratio punt, and the previous times I've been burned by waiting too long on certain players (i.e. gambling). This time I feel I was too conservative in anchoring my pitching. Problem is, practically everyone can use the players I planned (Bradley, Tiant, King, Leonard) ... heck even the back ups went around the same time. It's a risky strategy ... I think it's better to back-door into this strat, rather than planning for it.

Eyeballing things, I really like CJ's team, DMT and Revo look in great shape. Hacko could have a strong end game with his remaining options, and CB, Bene and Frae could be in contention depending their jigsaw puzzles.

That said, apart from CJ and Feral, i haven't paid that much attention to other peoples teams and requirements.

Comment

• It's an amazing thing when you think you just got screwed, but then find another combo that works out far better.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                            Can't see past Feral personally. I'm probably in a group of 6 or maybe 7 teams behind, any of which could conceivably win. I've only looked at my own team in any depth, and probably won't do projections this draft (no point, no time). I'm not really happy with where my numbers are going to be at. And although I have some player configurations to mess with, none give me the numbers I feel I need IMO.

In hindsight, I don't think I gambled enough with this strat. Should have realized when Feral picked Mariano Rivera that I needed to gamble earlier. It's been a LONG time since I've tried a career ratio punt, and the previous times I've been burned by waiting too long on certain players (i.e. gambling). This time I feel I was too conservative in anchoring my pitching. Problem is, practically everyone can use the players I planned (Bradley, Tiant, King, Leonard) ... heck even the back ups went around the same time. It's a risky strategy ... I think it's better to back-door into this strat, rather than planning for it.

Eyeballing things, I really like CJ's team, DMT and Revo look in great shape. Hacko could have a strong end game with his remaining options, and CB, Bene and Frae could be in contention depending their jigsaw puzzles.

That said, apart from CJ and Feral, i haven't paid that much attention to other peoples teams and requirements.
                            That's one of the dangers of that strategy. I can promise you that Bradley and Tiant would not have made it past me if you waited on them and gave me one more shot.

Comment

That's one of the dangers of that strategy. I can promise you that Bradley and Tiant would not have made it past me if you waited on them and gave me one more shot.
                              The gambles were more with Carlton, King and Leonard ... for different reasons. Did i need Carlton? Could I have waited on King and Leonard? Did I need Leonard after picking Bradley and King etc etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                                The gambles were more with Carlton, King and Leonard ... for different reasons. Did i need Carlton? Could I have waited on King and Leonard? Did I need Leonard after picking Bradley and King etc etc.
                                Yeah, you might have overkilled it there a bit.

And I love what Feral is doing---he'll make this interesting until the end. If he dealt with some pain, still had a lead, and had some candy left at the end, it might be a boring finish where he coasts. Instead, he's going to sink or swim with the plan, keep a huge lead, and then have five rounds of pain at the end. He's got one WC left and his H. And LAD and CHC. And everything else is a whole bunch of ugly.

Comment

Working...
                                X