Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD's Latest Top 150 Roto Prospects ("Pre-MLB Draft" Version)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    Yusniel Diaz now in Baltimore. What is the outlook change?

J
    Doesnt change my ranking of him, for the moment at least. He's already pretty high. I wouldnt expect he'll be up this year before September because 1) he's not ready and 2) the O's have other prospect options that are more MLB-ready, like Cedric Mullins and Austin Hays that they'll call up first. Very well could be up next year at some point, tho.

Comment

Man... I knew I wanted to ask you about someone during the PONY minors draft thread but when I got around to it, I couldn't remember who it was. Cavan Biggio just want in the 3rd round. He's not on your current list, but he's starting to get buzz like his other "son's of big leaguers" team mates. I know he's not in that class, but are you buying in? Will he be on the next list?
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        Man... I knew I wanted to ask you about someone during the PONY minors draft thread but when I got around to it, I couldn't remember who it was. Cavan Biggio just want in the 3rd round. He's not on your current list, but he's starting to get buzz like his other "son's of big leaguers" team mates. I know he's not in that class, but are you buying in? Will he be on the next list?
        Thanx for the response, heyelander.

Biggio is not too far off the list. But there are many others that probably will get on before he does.

Comment

Fernando Tatis Jr gone for the year with a broken thumb

Comment

I am down Pham and Fowler in deep NL-only, so I practically tackled this guy before he got off the plane (and activated him; could be well beyond the "can he fog a mirror?" test that tends to be all we ask of hitting replacements

08.06: Cardinals purchased the contract of OF Adolis Garcia from Triple-A Memphis.
            (He'll replace the injured Tyler O'Neill (shoulder) on the active roster. With Dexter Fowler (foot) also sidelined, the opportunity for playing time should be there. Garcia, 25, was signed out of Cuba last year and owns a .269/.296/.531 batting line with 21 homers and 10 steals over 98 games this season in Triple-A. This includes 12 homers in his last 25 games. His aggressive approach could get him into trouble against major league hurlers, but he's worth a look in deeper fantasy formats as long as he's getting at-bats.)
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
              Thanks as always rhd.

Might want to reconsider keeping Cal Quantrill in the top 100. As a college pitcher he should be seeing better results by now. Instead, he's got a career 4.13 ERA and 1.42 WHIP which is almost exactly what those stats are this year as well.

Wanted to get your thoughts on Austin Dean as well. I just dropped Quantrill for him, mostly since the Marlins OF is wide open and he's sporting a .353/.421/.553 line between AA and AAA this year with almost the same amount of walks as strikeouts. His track record before this year was pretty unimpressive but I'm wondering if he added muscle or changed his swing or something.
              And Dean gets the call! He had been ridiculously hot lately - .465/.540/.907 in August with 4 HR. Going to be interesting to see how the playing time shakes out and whether his improvements this year will translate to MLB success.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                And Dean gets the call! He had been ridiculously hot lately - .465/.540/.907 in August with 4 HR. Going to be interesting to see how the playing time shakes out and whether his improvements this year will translate to MLB success.
                Thanx for another response, overkill.

I'm not surprised that someone like Dean is getting a shot w the Marlins. Still not excited about him, but let's see what he does.

Comment

Yeah, I don't think he'll ever become a stud or anything but guys on crappy teams like the Marlins get much longer leashes than first division teams so he'll at least have a long audition. His bat-to-ball skills are his only plus right now but if he got the full-time gig next year I could see 15 homers with something like a .280 BA if this year wasn't a fluke.

Comment

wrong thread

J
                    Last edited by onejayhawk; 04-14-2019, 07:12 PM.
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                      Luis Robert is making a mockery of high A ball. What's his prognosis.

J
                      Pain ��

Comment

Working...
                      X