Fun with Snowblowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    I was just thinking about gas disposal. My gas can has old gas in it and I need to get rid of it. In years past I would dump it in my fire ring and burn it. I don't have that ring anymore. Need to get new gas so when I get the new snowblower I don't ruin it.
    shit I didn't even think about burning it. although gas can be more explosive than say kerosene I think. everyone at the campground were firebugs.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
      shit I didn't even think about burning it. although gas can be more explosive than say kerosene I think. everyone at the campground were firebugs.
      I am sure it is. I always put the gas on the logs before there was fire. I ring was very open. I used stick matches from 5 feet away and struck and flicked them towards the log. Got a pretty big fireball but not threatening.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
        One good fart won't do it?
        This had me in stitches.

"Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

I think gas requires more oxygen for combustion, hence the boom.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
            I think gas requires more oxygen for combustion, hence the boom.

Kerosene actually requires a bit more oxygen in the mixture than does gasoline. But gasoline has a much lower flash point.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Last year I started my 20 some year old snowblower on Oct, 31. Put fresh gas in it gave it a few pulls, let it run for 20 minutes, shut it down and waited for the first snow.

6-8 inches of wet heavy snow came. I went out and pulled rope for 20 minutes...nothing. Shoveled for the rest of the winter.

I have decided that I am going to go get a small to medium sized Toro. I am going to pay the extra $70 to get the electric start.

We are supposed to get 3-6 tomorrow. Not sure I will be able to get it before the weekend.

Anyone else have fun with snowblowers?
              I did end up going with the Toro with the electric start.

I was tempted to save the $70 bucks as they offer a 2 year guarantee that it will start in two pulls or the fix if for free. But since I plan on this being my last snowblower I coughed up the money.

I also plan on not using the electric starter for two years mwah ha ha.

Comment

since I plan on this being my last snowblower I coughed up the money.
                How long do snowblowers last?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  How long do snowblowers last?
                  30 years.

Comment

I've found that having an electric start option is key to getting it started. Last winter I would always have my machine plugged in at home to rev up and get ready to go. Sometimes takes ages to fully turn over, but with the electric start you aren't putting out your shoulder pulling endlessly.

I hate snow blowers. Usually when it snows it gets warm, so a lot of the time that I'm pushing the machine I find its sliding all over, and you need to spend a lot of energy maneuvering it. Although my double wide driveway is a lot of work, I prefer to shovel.

I stopped offering snow removal for my business this winter. It was such poor money, and too labour intensive. I had a run of 10-15 driveways and every snowfall would just kill me. I'm looking to get any relaxed part time work through the winter instead.
                    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

I hate snow blowers too. Way too finicky. My drive way is super steep too. Not fun. After our rental had a crazy long and steep drive way, my one must have when looking for a house was a relatively flat driveway. Of course, we ended up with another long, steep driveway.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        I hate snow blowers too. Way too finicky. My drive way is super steep too. Not fun. After our rental had a crazy long and steep drive way, my one must have when looking for a house was a relatively flat driveway. Of course, we ended up with another long, steep driveway.
                        Opening lyrics of a song?
                        “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Working...
                        X