Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Of the new season, Striking Vipers was great, but the Miley Cyrus one was very mediocre. Of all the Black Mirror episodes I've seen, that was the worst one by far.
    I liked Miley better than Pigfucking, but I've got a 16 year old daughter, so it hit closer to home.

I'm 3 episodes into "The Boys" as well, and enjoying it. Just finished season 2 of my "Deadwood" rewatch and I really need to finish up "The Americans"
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
      I was disappointed with season 2. I hated the overuse of powers for a nosebleed shtick... but it's been too long to remember other critiques. Very possible my high expectations hurt my final evaluation, since I loved the first season as much as everyone else.
      I didn't like the last episode at all. Turned into old timey Disney complete with song. Ended flat and meh. Had some very good potential but struck out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
        I'm 3 episodes into "The Boys" as well, and enjoying it.
        I wanted to look up what Black Noir's powers were so I googled it last night and hit on some MAJOR spoilers from the comic. I wouldn't do it if you don't want, maybe the next 2 seasons ruined for you.

That said, I hope they deviate from the comic a good bit, and think they have to. Maybe not in this major story arc way, but I was reading powers for a lot of the "supes" and there are constant references to this person raping that person and what not. I feel like the show has been appropriately rapey (to put a point on how power corrupts), but cripes, what's with comics and oversexualization. Is that the only way to make things "edgy"?
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          I wanted to look up what Black Noir's powers were so I googled it last night and hit on some MAJOR spoilers from the comic. I wouldn't do it if you don't want, maybe the next 2 seasons ruined for you.

That said, I hope they deviate from the comic a good bit, and think they have to. Maybe not in this major story arc way, but I was reading powers for a lot of the "supes" and there are constant references to this person raping that person and what not. I feel like the show has been appropriately rapey (to put a point on how power corrupts), but cripes, what's with comics and oversexualization. Is that the only way to make things "edgy"?
          I've held off consuming the comics, but plan too after ripping through season 1
          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• With season 2 finally dropping in a couple of weeks, if you haven't watched Mindhunter on Netflix, now is the time to do so. It's based on the true accounts of two FBI agents in 1977 who basically become the first profilers of serial killers. The cases they work on are all true accounts and involve some of the worst serial killers of the day (BTK killer, Richard Speck, Ed Kemper among others). Season 2 follows with the Atlanta serial killings by Wayne Williams in 1979 and includes Charles Manson and the Son of Sam.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              With season 2 finally dropping in a couple of weeks, if you haven't watched Mindhunter on Netflix, now is the time to do so. It's based on the true accounts of two FBI agents in 1977 who basically become the first profilers of serial killers. The cases they work on are all true accounts and involve some of the worst serial killers of the day (BTK killer, Richard Speck, Ed Kemper among others). Season 2 follows with the Atlanta serial killings by Wayne Williams in 1979 and includes Charles Manson and the Son of Sam.
              Implying out there somewhere are the best serial killers?
              “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Chernobyl is incredible.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  Chernobyl is incredible.
                  yeah, we finished it off last week; not the kind of show I'd binge, more of a one-episode-at-a-time show, but that's me.
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Chernobyl is incredible.
                    and you are old enough to remember - my young adult son says it shouldnt be missed - i will check it out.

I have been watching Last Chance U - I find it great to watch and somewhat depressing (but eye opening) in the long run.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                      yeah, we finished it off last week; not the kind of show I'd binge, more of a one-episode-at-a-time show, but that's me.
                      I binged 1-4 but it got too late to finish in one session.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                        and you are old enough to remember - my young adult son says it shouldnt be missed - i will check it out.

I have been watching Last Chance U - I find it great to watch and somewhat depressing (but eye opening) in the long run.
                        It happened the day before I turned 10 so while I do remember it happening, I had not remembered any of the details.
                        - Terence McKenna

Comment

Chernobyl is incredible.
                          I'm flying to Australia on Friday, planning on bingeing it then

While RJ may not be the right demographic for this, I've very much enjoyed "Fleabag", written, directed and acted by Phoebe Waller-Bridge

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                            Implying out there somewhere are the best serial killers?
                            the best ones don't get caught
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                              I'm flying to Australia on Friday, planning on bingeing it then

While RJ may not be the right demographic for this, I've very much enjoyed "Fleabag", written, directed and acted by Phoebe Waller-Bridge
                              Fleabag is really funny and a bit uncomfortably dark too.

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                                Fleabag is really funny and a bit uncomfortably dark too.
                                we started it ... it just felt a bit too forced. maybe we'll go back to it.
                                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X