Spencer Strider - A Little Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ken View Post
    You are rebuilding? A $10 McClanahan is a huge piece. I would have done that deal.
    I am rebuilding in that league.

Would you McClanahan out next year or give him a raise? how many years? I would be prone to one year making him $15 for the next two years.
    Last edited by Gregg; 06-17-2022, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      I am in that league.

Would you McClanahan out next year or give him a raise? how many years? I would be prone to one year making him $15 for the next two years.
      Samesies

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
        Am I crazy? I thought you said this was NL only. But if you are considering trading an expiring guy like Mookie, you better be getting the best keeper pitcher in the league price+longevity. I doubt that's strider, but I guess it's possible. A mixed eample would be McLanahan or Manoah, both of whom would be likely cheap and long-term keepable. In an NL, not as clear, but Sandy or maybe you have to go down to a Hunter Greene type.

In ANY CASE, you should be getting a massive haul for Betts!
        And just like that without prompting the Strider owner reached out to me and asked if I had interest. I said yes and asked what he needed. He said that he was going to post him on the block page. Let the bidding begin.

Comment

And just like that without prompting the Strider owner reached out to me and asked if I had interest. I said yes and asked what he needed. He said that he was going to post him on the block page. Let the bidding begin.
          So far I am way off.

Unless I am in dump mode I will not be able to afford Strider.

Comment

So far I am way off.

Unless I am in dump mode I will not be able to afford Strider.
            Wait I thought you were dumping Betts

Comment

You should take Wright as a “consolation prize”. You’ll thank me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                Wait I thought you were dumping Betts
                Sorry for the confusion. I am nearing rebuild mode but I have an offer out there that if accepted I would still be competing and not dumping. If rejected it will most likely mean rebuild. When I read this thread I used my 50X Betts even up as the benchmark for Strider. My personal bias is I would rather trade Betts for offense than pitching. But I can be influenced by the RJ Brain Trust.

If I am in dump mode I should be able to put a package together for just about any player if I am willing to pay the juice.

Comment

I agree on acquiring hitting if there’s a good target.
                  Last edited by Sharky; 06-18-2022, 08:52 AM.

Comment

This has been my way of rebuilding most of my 35 year fantasy career.

I do not see a lot of good offensive rebuild targets, much less ones that would be traded. On top of that there has been a bit of a shift in our leagues where pitching prices have gone and are going up. Seems like every year we set a new record for cost of the top pitchers. i have found a need to get some good low cost pitching to improve my auction position. Especially if there are going to be a lot of offense back in the auction. Let others chase the arms.

I have not decided to rebuild yet. But I have looked over offense targets in the event that I do. This post caught my eye.

Knee Jerk reaction I have a tendency to think like what Pauly wrote. Strider seems a little high, but I would have him at 2 more years (without raises). If he continues like he is going now that would be a bargain.
                    I will have to do a deeper dive on pitching. At first blush not much there. Kyle Wright 5A is currently the best/cheapest. Also not the kind I want to chase for a rebuild.

I appreciate everybody's thoughts and comments as it gives me food for thought.
                    I get that but you're talking about a high velocity 2 pitch pitcher. This type of profile screams injury and might never go deep into ball games. I'm not saying I wouldn't trade for him but I can see this being the absolute peak of his value.

Also, I disagree about the idea that pitching prices have never been higher. Aces command a premium but you don't need an ace to win. There's plenty of value in the 2nd and 3rd tiers of pitching. Additionally, at an auction it doesn't really matter the absolutely price you're paying for something as long as you're getting value relative to the market. If you can get enough value on the hitting side it doesn't matter if you need to spend big on pitching. If the rest of your leauge is alos overvaluing pitching there will be hitting bargains to make up for it

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                      You should take Wright as a “consolation prize”. You’ll thank me.
                      Wright guy is not trading him.

Comment

No stats Bryant 24B , Wainwright (done), Casali 1a, for Strider 15A, Sam Hillard 3A, and a junk catcher that I will drop for a better FAAB player.

Taking a swing for a money position.

In conjunction I have offered up Morel 5A to a fellow Cubs Homer for his done Harper. He is thinking about it.

If I do not move up enough I will have Betts (and maybe Harper) to turn into good stuff after the All Star Break when prospects can be traded.

Thanks for all the input and discussion. What a fun game we have!

Comment

No stats Bryant 24B , Wainwright (done), Casali 1a, for Strider 15A, Sam Hillard 3A, and a junk catcher that I will drop for a better FAAB player.

Taking a swing for a money position.

In conjunction I have offered up Morel 5A to a fellow Cubs Homer for his done Harper. He is thinking about it.

If I do not move up enough I will have Betts (and maybe Harper) to turn into good stuff after the All Star Break when prospects can be traded.

Thanks for all the input and discussion. What a fun game we have!
                          Strider raising his era almost a full point to 3.40. Woo Hoo!

Comment

Ouch. Please let me know whenever you acquire players in future, Gregg!

Comment

Working...
                            X