*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The following errors occurred with your submission
    This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 6 seconds.
    That's not really an "error", I would argue.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      That's not really an "error", I would argue.
      More like a premature ejaculation....
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

More like a premature ejaculation....
        Some might say

Comment

Okay, probably not, but it would feel really good if we did, wouldn't it?
          I disagree
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Can we get to 6000 posts today?
            The Amish are cheering for us to make it.

Comment

The Amish are cheering for us to make it.
              but in a plain and not too exuberant manner

Comment

• We're only 114 posts away. That seems doable.

Comment

We're only 114 posts away. That seems doable.
                  But it will require the individual commitment and personal dedication to quality you could only really expect from a libertarian.

Comment

• Or perhaps we could all rise up and collectively seize the means of production?

Comment

• I mean, either one, really

:shrugs:

Comment

Yeah, there is a pioneer/individualistic spirit that I think is actually a really good quality and one of the big reasons for American progress. But that ignores all the common/social work that underlies that. Yes, when my grandfather homesteaded a quarter section in the Oklahoma Panhandle in the 1910s, the hard work of he and my grandmother was critical. But it was undergirded by the federal Homestead Act, and by huge federal subsidies to the railroads that took his wheat and cream to market and brought in the tools he needed for farming, and by a legal system that enforced his deed (and later enforced the bank's right to take possession when he couldn't pay his debts during the Dust Bowl and Great Depression).

People in the rural areas tend to see more of the need for individualism, and people in the cities tend to see more of our interdependence. I think there is value in a balance. (That doesn't mean I think the truth lies halfway between the current Republican and Democratic platforms.)
                        good points. There is also the consideration of capital vs. labor. Throughout history labor has had value. In theory laborers can shop around and find the best wages. But with globalization there is really no market for labor. Huge corporations will just find cheap/slave labor somewhere overseas. Plus the automation mentioned in the interview with Yang. I think both parties have not done a good job of representing labor and this will be a huge issue moving forward.
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Or perhaps we could all rise up and collectively seize the means of production?
                          I'm in !!!! Where do we meet up ?
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Baylor or Oklahoma ? Who you got ?
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I'm hoping for Baylor....and also hoping that doesn't support the horrendous shit their athletic program did in the (hopefully) past
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                                lol, now you owe me $20 more VD bucks
                                anyone want to bet some VD bucks on college football ?
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X