early trade offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• early trade offer

16-team, 6x6 (AVG, HR, R, RBI, SB-CS, BB-K and W, HD, SV, K, ERA, WHIP)
    $400 in-season cap
    +$3 first 3 years, +$6 after that

C - Realmuto $24 1st year keeper
    1B - Flores $5
    2B - Merrifield $16 2nd year keeper
    3B - Castellanos $14
    SS - Marte $5
    CI - Beckham $1
    MI - Herrera $10
    OF - Harper $43 7th year keeper
    OF - Trout $43 7th year keeper
    OF - Benintendi $16 2nd year keeper
    OF - Pederson $5
    DH - Dustin Fowler $5
    P - Cody Allen $8 2nd year if kept
    P - Wade Davis $19
    P - Andrew Miller $23 2nd year if kept
    P - Duffy $9
    P - Buchholz $10
    P - Nola $11 3rd year keeper
    P - Gomber $10
    P - Wheeler $13 1st year if kept
    P - Weaver $19 1st year if kept
    BN - Colome $21
    BN - Godley $20
    BN - Keller $10
    BN - Mahle $5
    BN - Manaea $1
    BN - Roark $6
    MN - Carson Kelly $1
    MN - Rodgers $10
    MN - Schrock $10
    MN - Paddack $10

I think I have my 6 keepers in Realmuto, Merrifield, Trout, Harper, Benintendi, and Nola. I've been offered:

$13 Pham / $10 Sheffield for Paddack and Wheeler

He has $10 Luzardo, $10 Bichette, and a $39 DeGrom. I don't plan on keeping Wheeler, but Paddack and Rodgers I am planning on being 2 of my 4 minors. Thoughts on the offer? Or on my potential keepers?

I'm a little confused.

If you acquire Pham and Sheffield, then do you have to drop two of the six players you said you were keeping? What's your max number of keepers, you didn't mention that.

Comment

So is it Sheffield for Paddack and Wheeler? Don’t think I love it.

Comment

We can keep 6 major and 4 minor. It's +$3 the first three years, +$6 every year after that.

It's Pham and Sheffield for Paddack and Wheeler. Would Wheeler for Luzardo be a good counter?

Comment

re what Sharky said - but you wouldn't keep Pham, so it's just Sheffield, right? (and I like Paddack better than Sheffield unless you really need the player to be in the majors this year to get value out of it)
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Wait, isn't Tommy Pham good? Why wouldn't you just keep him? I think I like him more than Wheeler at the same price.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
              Wait, isn't Tommy Pham good? Why wouldn't you just keep him? I think I like him more than Wheeler at the same price.
              The real question is whether Pham is a better keeper than Realmuto, who is his 6th rated keeper IMO. Also, Pham's strength (OBP) doesn't play well here since it's BB-K, and he whiffs a lot. Not sure I see the point in trading away Paddack for Sheffield just to get a guy who's possibly similar in value to his 6th keeper.

Wheeler for Luzardo is a good counter, not sure he does it. Add in Schrock or Kelly or both.

Comment

I love the keepers, no need to mess with them. If it was my team I am not trading any of the six or trying to add other keeper value that I cannot keep unless I am going to flip them. So Pham is of no interest to me unless I could flip him for more or better rookie keepers.

I like Bichette a lot and would try to make up a package to get him.

I am not high Sheffield.

Comment

Working...
                X