No announcement yet.

Looking for Old School Roto Junkies for a free, fun auction redraft on ESPN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah, I have no clue about apps and stuff like that, sorry. I guess I am too old school to help, lol.

Comment

• Cross-posting from our league message board, in case y'all don't have notifications set up:

Who needs pitching?

With Andrew Miller coming back this weekend, Eovaldi progressing far better and quicker than expected, and my offense struggling, I think it's time to trade from strength. I have three guys pitching at ace level - Kluber, Snell and Happ - plus Gausman showing very well after a slow start, and Heaney starting to look good as well. I also have Triggs and Garcia, who have been up and down performance wise. And I have Eovaldi, who was a hot target prior to his injury and is looking good to return shortly. Obviously, the better the pitcher you want, the better the hitting package you'll have to offer. Other than DH-only guys, I could use a hitting upgrade at any position, and need more power, speed and batting average.

Comment

• I need pitching, and I have a variety of offensive players on my DL to trade.

Comment

• Did anyone else bid big money on Villar? With $69 left I wasn't sure whether I needed to outbid the two teams sitting on $67, revo's team at $61, or if I could have gotten away with spending less. I would have loved to add both Villar and Maybin, but knew that was unlikely. Once Pham got hurt and then Luis Valbuena (my CI) got DFA'd, I knew I needed an infielder. (I have two 2B/3B guys in J.Ramirez and Y.Sanchez so can fill Valbuena's spot with Villar.)

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
            Did anyone else bid big money on Villar? With $69 left I wasn't sure whether I needed to outbid the two teams sitting on $67, revo's team at $61, or if I could have gotten away with spending less. I would have loved to add both Villar and Maybin, but knew that was unlikely. Once Pham got hurt and then Luis Valbuena (my CI) got DFA'd, I knew I needed an infielder. (I have two 2B/3B guys in J.Ramirez and Y.Sanchez so can fill Valbuena's spot with Villar.)
            I think I bid $28 on him, but wanted to spread out my bids to get a few players.

Comment

Did anyone else bid big money on Villar? With $69 left I wasn't sure whether I needed to outbid the two teams sitting on $67, revo's team at $61, or if I could have gotten away with spending less. I would have loved to add both Villar and Maybin, but knew that was unlikely. Once Pham got hurt and then Luis Valbuena (my CI) got DFA'd, I knew I needed an infielder. (I have two 2B/3B guys in J.Ramirez and Y.Sanchez so can fill Valbuena's spot with Villar.)
              FREE AGENT AUCTION BIDS PROCESSED
              TEAM CLAIM BID RESULT
              1. Team Fleischer Jonathan Villar, Bal 2B $68 Added.
              2. Viva Revo! Austin Meadows, TB OF $31 Added. revo dropped Boog Powell, Oak OF to Waivers.
              3. Team McGeady Tommy Pham*, TB OF $30 Added. MCGE dropped Cheslor Cuthbert*, KC 3B to Waivers.
              Viva Revo! Jonathan Villar, Bal 2B $21 Unsuccessful. Reason: A player you are attempting to drop is no longer on your roster.
              Team Fleischer Cameron Maybin, Sea OF $20 Unsuccessful. Reason: Auction budget would be exceeded.
              Viva Revo! Cameron Maybin, Sea OF $11 Unsuccessful. Reason: A player you are attempting to drop is no longer on your roster.
              Team Fleischer Tommy Pham*, TB OF $11 Unsuccessful. Reason: Player has already been added to another team.
              4. Viva Revo! Tyler Glasnow, TB RP $5 Added. revo dropped Francisco Liriano, Det RP to Waivers.
              5. Viva Revo! Cameron Maybin, Sea OF $5 Added. revo dropped Max Stassi, Hou C to Waivers.
              Viva Revo! Brett Phillips, KC OF $4 Unsuccessful. Reason: A player you are attempting to drop is no longer on your roster.
              Viva Revo! Brett Phillips, KC OF $4 Unsuccessful. Reason: A player you are attempting to drop is no longer on your roster.
              6. Team McGeady Drew VerHagen, Det RP $2 Added.
              7. Team McGeady Brett Anderson, Oak RP $2 Added.
              Mickey Mouse Club Tommy Pham*, TB OF $2 Unsuccessful. Reason: Player has already been added to another team.
              Mickey Mouse Club Jonathan Villar, Bal 2B $2 Unsuccessful. Reason: Player has already been added to another team.
              8. Mickey Mouse Club Brett Phillips, KC OF $2 Added. MMC dropped Renato Nunez, Bal OF to Waivers.
              Team Fleischer Cameron Maybin, Sea OF $1 Unsuccessful. Reason: Player has already been added to another team.
              Team Fleischer Jace Peterson, Bal OF $0 Unsuccessful. Reason: Maximum roster size would be exceeded.
              9. Team Fleischer Jace Peterson, Bal OF $0 Added. FLEI dropped Ryne Stanek, TB RP to Waivers.
              Team Fleischer Logan Forsythe, Min 2B $0 Unsuccessful. Reason: Maximum roster size would be exceeded.
              Team Fleischer Logan Forsythe, Min 2B $0 Unsuccessful. Reason: A player you are attempting to drop is no longer on your roster.
              10. Team Fleischer Logan Forsythe, Min 2B $0 Added. FLEI dropped Luis Valbuena, LAA 3B to Waivers.
              Team Fleischer Jace Peterson, Bal OF $0 Unsuccessful. Reason: A player you are attempting to drop is no longer on your roster.
              Team Fleischer Tommy Pham*, TB OF $0 Unsuccessful. Reason: A player you are attempting to drop is no longer on your roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
                FREE AGENT AUCTION BIDS PROCESSED
                TEAM CLAIM BID RESULT
                1. Team Fleischer Jonathan Villar, Bal 2B $68 Added.
                2. Viva Revo! Austin Meadows, TB OF $31 Added. revo dropped Boog Powell, Oak OF to Waivers.
                3. Team McGeady Tommy Pham*, TB OF $30 Added. MCGE dropped Cheslor Cuthbert*, KC 3B to Waivers.
                Viva Revo! Jonathan Villar, Bal 2B $21 Unsuccessful. Reason: A player you are attempting to drop is no longer on your roster.
                Team Fleischer Cameron Maybin, Sea OF $20 Unsuccessful. Reason: Auction budget would be exceeded.
                Viva Revo! Cameron Maybin, Sea OF $11 Unsuccessful. Reason: A player you are attempting to drop is no longer on your roster.
                Team Fleischer Tommy Pham*, TB OF $11 Unsuccessful. Reason: Player has already been added to another team.
                4. Viva Revo! Tyler Glasnow, TB RP $5 Added. revo dropped Francisco Liriano, Det RP to Waivers.
                5. Viva Revo! Cameron Maybin, Sea OF $5 Added. revo dropped Max Stassi, Hou C to Waivers.
                6. Team McGeady Drew VerHagen, Det RP $2 Added.
                7. Team McGeady Brett Anderson, Oak RP $2 Added.
                Mickey Mouse Club Tommy Pham*, TB OF $2 Unsuccessful. Reason: Player has already been added to another team.
                Mickey Mouse Club Jonathan Villar, Bal 2B $2 Unsuccessful. Reason: Player has already been added to another team.
                8. Mickey Mouse Club Brett Phillips, KC OF $2 Added. MMC dropped Renato Nunez, Bal OF to Waivers.
                Team Fleischer Cameron Maybin, Sea OF $1 Unsuccessful. Reason: Player has already been added to another team.
                Team Fleischer Jace Peterson, Bal OF $0 Unsuccessful. Reason: Maximum roster size would be exceeded.
                9. Team Fleischer Jace Peterson, Bal OF $0 Added. FLEI dropped Ryne Stanek, TB RP to Waivers.
                Team Fleischer Logan Forsythe, Min 2B $0 Unsuccessful. Reason: Maximum roster size would be exceeded.
                Team Fleischer Logan Forsythe, Min 2B $0 Unsuccessful. Reason: A player you are attempting to drop is no longer on your roster.
                10. Team Fleischer Logan Forsythe, Min 2B $0 Added. FLEI dropped Luis Valbuena, LAA 3B to Waivers.
                Team Fleischer Jace Peterson, Bal OF $0 Unsuccessful. Reason: A player you are attempting to drop is no longer on your roster.
                Team Fleischer Tommy Pham*, TB OF $0 Unsuccessful. Reason: A player you are attempting to drop is no longer on your roster.
                Wait.....so I bid $31 on Austin Meadows and he had NO OTHER BIDS? LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Wait.....so I bid $31 on Austin Meadows and he had NO OTHER BIDS? LOL.
                  I already have a bench spot occupied by a minor leaguer and didn't think I could afford to carry Meadows, so I skipped bidding on him. But yeah, it seems that only a few teams are still actually engaged in this league, which is a shame.

Comment

I already have a bench spot occupied by a minor leaguer and didn't think I could afford to carry Meadows, so I skipped bidding on him. But yeah, it seems that only a few teams are still actually engaged in this league, which is a shame.
                    Am still basking in my dropping of lads who were traded to the NL. Smart move.

*screams*

Comment

• Originally posted by amcg View Post
                      Am still basking in my dropping of lads who were traded to the NL. Smart move.

*screams*
                      At least you've been actively managing your team. I too had forgotten about cavebird's rule that you can keep players traded to the NL and probably would have done the same thing. I'm just lucky Eovaldi and Happ were traded in league.

Comment

• Looks like a great three team race to the finish line...here comes the club!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
                          Looks like a great three team race to the finish line...here comes the club!!!
                          Yeah, good job pulling back into contention. It's definitely a three-team race now.

Comment

• It's a tie! Fun season.

Comment

It's a tie! Fun season.
                              Look again!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                Look again!
                                What happened? How did Ryno pick up seven points after the AL games were all over? Was there a scoring error?

Comment

Working...
                                X