Let's Walk Down Memory Lane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve View Post
    Makes me realize how much time I've wasted here over the years......
    And then when you factor in Midnight Otter, Antijordan, etc., wow!
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
      And then when you factor in Midnight Otter, Antijordan, etc., wow!
      Fortunately, every time evets is on, he gets some of that time back.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
        Fortunately, every time evets is on, he gets some of that time back.
        That just made my brain bleed

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
          Who the RJ member with the fat chick luau?
          mattsavard. I told you this in the other thread, sheesh.

and in this one, too, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
            Yeah, I thought you were still here....MaxD....I'm not sure he's around....but we still have Sam!

Time does fly, my friend!
            Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

This thread makes me happy.

And sad.
              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Awww, I miss youse guys

Comment

Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
                  Awww, I miss youse guys
                  Sup Crotch Fire?
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

https://rotojunkiefix.wordpress.com/about-us/

"About Us

“Thanks, guys. The RotoJunkies helped me win my league – again!”

I cannot tell you how many times I have read that message from RotoJunkie faithful in the past and frankly, it never gets old. It is one of the many reasons why The BullPen has been one of the longest running fantasy sports sites on the web, first launched back in 1999 on the plains of East Texas by a couple of college kids needing a project for their coding class.

In 2003, some of the initial RotoJunkie braintrust got together on the side in October 2002 and decided it would be a wonderful idea to put out a baseball draft guide, which was entitled the RotoJunkie Fix. The extremely long hours and late nights that the group spent writing, calculation, designing, editing, and compiling that eBook was akin to the amount of time some major league front offices put into their own off-season. This happened for the next consecutive six seasons and while the names and faces on the project may have changed, the quality to excellence did not."
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Love this Wordpress site...who created it?

Comment

• I did

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                          I did

Comment

• so this took some digging, but here y'all are ... a few random threads ...

milestone for the Midnight Otter (2002)
                            Sports Bar page from 2004 (interesting to see the usernames & some thread titles - "Can politics get any lower than this?")
                            Here's a good one - Sports Bar Trivia from 2004

And the only thread that matters ...

edit: I found chapter 22

and to show how time flies ... Best internet provider (dial-up)

Here's the index page to 39 pages of threads from the Sports Bar from 2002-2005 ... many are dead links but many (esp from the first few pages) are good.
                            Last edited by TranaGreg; 03-30-2017, 01:17 PM.
                            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve
                              No. Tell me about it.
                              Congrats on 2500 posts... it seems like so many more...
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• are those Heylander-made videos working for anyone?
                                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                                X