X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    Worst classic rock song:

1.01 "The Stroke" by Billy Squier
    But it's been sampled about a bazillion times in rap songs.

Edit:
    okay, a decent amount... Big Beat has been sampled a bazillion times. Apparently Squier makes a good living off of people sampling his stuff.

I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Billy Squier's early-'80s heyday may have come and gone -- unceremoniously halted, he says, by an instantly dated video for 'Rock Me Tonite' in 1984 -- but that doesn't mean he's not getting paid. In fact, Squier has become one of the most sampled artists in hip-hop, thanks to a series of thunderous rhythm tracks (courtesy of his late drummer Bobby Chouinard, whom his boss called "Mr. Big Feet") on cuts like 'The Big Beat' and 'The Stroke.' Samples from these two songs alone have appeared on literally dozens of rap songs, earning Squier millions. "He's definitely someone who helped mold and shape hip-hop with his music," said rapper Big Daddy Kane. "I would put him in the category of James Brown, the Honeydrippers and Chic." If you're looking to explore the rocker's second career as a fountain of cool cadences, we've got a list of the Top 10 Billy Squier-Sampled Hip Hop Songs to get you started.
      Read More: Top 10 Billy Squier-Sampled Hip Hop Songs | https://ultimateclassicrock.com/bill...edium=referral

Comment

• I worry that if I click that link, I will end up having the stroke.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Completely shocked that Red Barchetta didn't go at 4

Comment

I worry that if I click that link, I will end up having the stroke.
            Distressed man's brain loses blood supply....
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Happy VD, everyone!
              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                Happy VD, everyone!
                Clap, clap.... clap, clap, clap
                ---------------------------------------------
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                  337 songs, 1932 posts
                  Now i am thinking morr songs, less posts. No Rush off the board yet
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    Wish you wer er would have taken it I wanted Baba!
                    Now they are talking in gibberish....they can't maintain this
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                      Now they are talking in gibberish....they can't maintain this
                      It's a natural consequence of the Great Lite Caesar Dressing Shortage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                        It's a natural consequence of the Great Lite Caesar Dressing Shortage.
                        plus no Nickleback song's off the board yet ? Seriously ? Maybe they should at least try some Northern Italian or something, a methadone of sorts
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Cripes, looking at the list so far. How fuckin' old are we?

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                            Cripes, looking at the list so far. How fuckin' old are we?
                            Well if I was involved it would be all Post Malone, Ariana Grande and Camila Cabello. Not sure how old you guys are.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Crack the Skye is Mastodon's version of Physical Graffiti. Masterpiece.
                              ok, I stopped the youtube 25 seconds in....very promising so far
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                                Cripes, looking at the list so far. How fuckin' old are we?
                                If you could please watch your language young whipper snapper.

Comment

Working...
                                X