2K24: Seattle Mariners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
    Rodríguez underwent an MRI on Saturday that revealed bruising, but no structural damage. Manager Scott Servais acknowledged a stint on the injured list is a possibility, but hopes to have him back in the lineup Monday.
    Having a player hit 81 HRs on maybe 140-150 max effort swings in an exhibition is probably not the best way to keep a budding young superstar healthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
      Having a player hit 81 HRs on maybe 140-150 max effort swings in an exhibition is probably not the best way to keep a budding young superstar healthy.
      You would think a team that has a chance to make the playoffs for the first time since 2001 would be a little more careful with their best player.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

You would think a team that has a chance to make the playoffs for the first time since 2001 would be a little more careful with their best player.
        I dont blame Seattle as much as I blame MLB. I'm not calling for doing away w the HR Derby but it should be structured so the participants arent taking nearly as many swings. It didnt used to be like it is now. It used to be a lesser amount of time in which there were much fewer swings. The reason it was changed must be so the competition lasts longer so the event can generate more money. You would think that MLB would be more cautious w the health of their young stars, who could be major marketing influences and ambassadors for the sport but apparently short term greed wins out.

Comment

• Here we go again: Julio Rodriguez pulled from tonight's game after getting hit on the right wrist while swinging at a pitch. His previous injury was to the left wrist. Stay tuned.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Mariners recall OF Jarred Kelenic.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Here we go again: Julio Rodriguez pulled from tonight's game after getting hit on the right wrist while swinging at a pitch. His previous injury was to the left wrist. Stay tuned.
              Although no fractures, his wrist is swollen and he can't swing a bat for 5 days, so he's headed to the IL.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                Although no fractures, his wrist is swollen and he can't swing a bat for 5 days, so he's headed to the IL.
                Yeah, i figured that was why they were calling up Kelenic. Rodriguez is probably not out of the woods yet. Hopefully, they don't find anything else after the swelling subsides.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Mariners DFA Ken Giles.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Mariners DFA Ken Giles.
                    They waited 2 years for…..that?

Comment

No shit.
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

$7 million for 13 outs.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• J-Rod w HR #20 today, which makes him the 2nd MLB player w 20 HR and 20 SB. I wonder how many rookies have done this. Trout did but Acuna didnt, Tatis didnt and Trea Turner didnt. Neither did A-Rod or Bonds.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                            J-Rod w HR #20 today, which makes him the 2nd MLB player w 20 HR and 20 SB. I wonder how many rookies have done this. Trout did but Acuna didnt, Tatis didnt and Trea Turner didnt. Neither did A-Rod or Bonds.
                            Other rookies with 20 HR & 20 SB are Carlos Beltran and Ellis Burks.

Daryl Strawberry just missed it by one SB during his rookie season. He then went on to accomplish the feat during each of his 2-6 seasons.

Larry Walker also just missed it by one HR.
                            Last edited by madducks; 08-25-2022, 08:43 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Other rookies with 20 HR & 20 SB are Carlos Beltran, Ellis Burks, and Grady Sizemore. Sizemore did it his first four seasons before his career was derailed by a multitude of injuries.

Daryl Strawberry just missed it by one SB during his rookie season. He then went on to accomplish the feat during each of his 2-6 seasons.

Larry Walker also just missed it by one HR.
                              Sizemore wasn't a rookie in 2005, he hit just 4 HR and stole just 2 bases in his rookie 2004 season.

Mitchell Page and Marty Cordova were the 2 others.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                                Sizemore wasn't a rookie in 2005, he hit just 4 HR and stole just 2 bases in his rookie 2004 season.

Mitchell Page and Marty Cordova were the 2 others.
                                Ah yes, i somehow saw 128 at bats in 2004 instead of 138.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X