30-year old NL League Needs YOU!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30-year old NL League Needs YOU!

I've inherited a long-time NL-only league. As the league's longest-tenured member, and the current commish, it has fallen upon me to keep this league alive. It has been a Bay Area live auction for all these years, but now it's looking like that's not going to happen. Three owners retired together this year, leaving us with seven owners for a league that should have at least ten. Looks like going to an online auction will be the only way to save us. We need three owners, but would optimally love to expand to 11, if at all possible.

Specifications:
    NL-only 5x5 (with OBP instead of AVG), 14 hitters/9 pitchers
    10-man bench (we draft three, and FAAB the rest)
    5-man minors (we draft three, but you can acquire two extra in a rebuild year)
    7-15 keepers, plus 0-5 minors
    $100 FAAB, but all FAAB salaries less than $5, get bumped to $5. (You spend $1 of your FAAB, but the salary for the player becomes $5)
    Vickrey method FAAB.
    No contracts, salaries go up $5 every year.
    AL defections can be kept on the team and traded, but cannot be kept, or acquired if released.
    $360 salary cap (but FAABs don't count)
    No pot. We all just put in to pay for CBS. It's a gentlemen's league, however, I see that we may have to add a pot if we change to this format. I don't think any current owner would have a problem with a $50 buy-in.

Draft Vagaries:
    Usually low inflation because FAABed players are kept at a minimum salary of $10. Highest salaries are usually in the high-30s.
    This would be our first online draft (CBS draftroom, but I know that at least 4/7 of the owners have a lot of experience in them.)
    At auction, we can draft minor leaguers, as long as they are in the NL. Maybe the top 6-7 available go in the draft.
    Traditionally, we would draft early. So, we would shoot for the week of March 12 or so.

Owner skill level:
    From RJ, me and Jude Baldo are in this league. There are two other owners I would classify as absolutely top-notch, as good as any of us here. The other three guys are all newer, but hungry, and learning fast. Two of the worst-skilled owners just retired, so if we get three more good owners, it would be a pretty solidly competitive league.

It's a very friendly league. We have zero dump trade strife, even though we do have unlimited dumping. Like I said, it's a gentleman's league.

Any interest?

I have interest if there is still an opening

Comment

Originally posted by FBP View Post
      With you, that means we still need one more. Awesome. When I get everything together, I'll send out the information you'll need.

Comment

Originally posted by FBP View Post
        Can you PM me a personal email, so I can send you information and set you up in the site?

Comment

I’m interested if there’s still room.
          Early drafting is better for me.

Comment

Dane, I'm also the commish of a Bay Area roto league that's been around since 1992.

Our leagues seem very similar in cost ($30), CBS, NL only, live in person auction, 5x5, $100 FAAB and both are friendly leagues.

We currently have 10 owners but normally it's a 12 team league.

Maybe a couple of your owners would be interested in also playing in our league.

I've spoken to our reigning and 3 time champion and he would be interested in also playing
            in your league and I can talk to our other owners in you needed a few more.

If your interested please contact me @ [email protected]

Steve

Comment

Working...
            X