Prospects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prospects

5 picks left in our Midseason minors draft and I have 2 of them.

Brujan--Lux--Chisholm--K. Hayes--Waters--N. Jones--A. Bohm--India

D. May--Graterol

Who would be your top 5? I'm leaning Brujan/Lux/Chisholm/May as 4 of mine. Even though not as highly thought of, could Gallen sneak in here as proximity to the bigs in kinda important to me.

Edit to add this is a full dynasty league with no salaries or contracts.
    Last edited by fuhrdog; 06-09-2019, 08:38 AM.

I can only list those I'm more familiar with so I would list them Brujan, Lux, Hayes, Chisholm

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
      5 picks left in our Midseason minors draft and I have 2 of them.

Brujan--Lux--Chisholm--K. Hayes--Waters--N. Jones--A. Bohm--India

D. May--Graterol

Who would be your top 5? I'm leaning Brujan/Lux/Chisholm/May as 4 of mine. Even though not as highly thought of, could Gallen sneak in here as proximity to the bigs in kinda important to me.

Edit to add this is a full dynasty league with no salaries or contracts.
      A lot depends on the scoring format...I'd probably toss India in your top 5 as well. Graterol is a stud, but Law keeps pushing that he's nothing more than a top end RP because of his body type and max effort.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        A lot depends on the scoring format...I'd probably toss India in your top 5 as well. Graterol is a stud, but Law keeps pushing that he's nothing more than a top end RP because of his body type and max effort.
        H2H 5 x 5 cats--14 teamer. Small 3 man minors roster. I promoted all 3 of my guys so I'm starting from scratch. If not close to sure fire studs, I like to get guys close to the show so I can promote them the minute they get called up and use them for trade chips. That is why I was considering Gallen.

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
          H2H 5 x 5 cats--14 teamer. Small 3 man minors roster. I promoted all 3 of my guys so I'm starting from scratch. If not close to sure fire studs, I like to get guys close to the show so I can promote them the minute they get called up and use them for trade chips. That is why I was considering Gallen.
          Nah, don't waste a pick on Gallen...I distrust players who come out of nowhere with no pedigree. The top 5 on your list are plenty close enough, IMO.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Nah, don't waste a pick on Gallen...I distrust players who come out of nowhere with no pedigree. The top 5 on your list are plenty close enough, IMO.
            Damn it, I was hoping somebody would talk me into it I agree with you on Gallen but even though his BABIP will regress as will his strand rate....81 innings with 41 hits alllowed and 99 k's in the PCL with the ball they are using this year...darn impressive.

Comment

I like what Gallen has done to date. If memory serves Jacob DeGrom came out of nowhere and so did Dallas Keuchel, and most recently Chris Paddack. Just sayin'.

Comment

My league is the same size, but we have 20 minor league spots, so I'm much, much more inclined to roster far away lottery tickets than you should be. With only three spots, I get where you are coming from in terms of guys being close to the majors, for sure. You don't want to lock up one of those 3 spots on a guy 5 years away, unless he has so much buzz you can trade him. Still, even in your set up, it would be hard to pick Gallen over some of the others. Lux and Brujan for sure, I'd take ahead of him. Maybe not Jazz, as he is farther away and very risky. My top 4 would be Lux, Brujan, India Bohm, I think. I'd pass on Jazz given the risk in his profile. I like Graterol and May, but with so many good bats, it is hard to pick an arm, except for the very top of the top guys.

Comment

Truly appreciate all the responses. I took Brujan and Gallen as Lux was picked right before I was up. I only took Gallen as a churn and burn. We only have 3 spots and we fill open minor slots twice a year. I wanted to have one that would come open soon...kinda like a 2 for 1. My 2 picks were the last 2 of the draft. For reference, these guys will be available in the next minors draft in Feb.

Chisholm, K. Hayes, Gimenez, India, Bohm, May, Larnach, N. Jones, Waters, Graterol and many others will be available with probably around 10 promotions so the draft will be very short. I'll still get one of these guys is Gallen doesn't work out or if I deal him for help.
                  Last edited by fuhrdog; 06-09-2019, 07:48 PM.

Comment

No pedigree? Never heard a 3rd round pick out of a large university who reach AAA in his 2nd professional season, traded as part of a package for an all star OFer, classified that way. Ok, sure... I guess.
                    Last edited by Ken; 06-10-2019, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X