No announcement yet.

Jorge Lopez to the Twins for a haul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any chance this is a clearance trade?

Everyone is talking about Bautista and the Orioles just moved the guy in front of him. Baltimore gets to promote Bautista and Tate without stepping on toes and still cash in some of Lopez's trade value.
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
      Is there any chance this is a clearance trade?

Everyone is talking about Bautista and the Orioles just moved the guy in front of him. Baltimore gets to promote Bautista and Tate without stepping on toes and still cash in some of Lopez's trade value.
      Counter-point, why prematurely elevate Felix Bautista to the closer role, thereby sending his salary in his arbitration years sky high? Arbitration figures for relievers are still largely determined by saves. Seems pretty dumb to me.

I mean, Bautista looks like one of the best relievers in the game, but on a non-contending team his role is pretty inconsequential, other than affecting his future earnings. Maybe they use the goodwill gesture to sign him long term with some option years attached, but I doubt it.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
        Counter-point, why prematurely elevate Felix Bautista to the closer role, thereby sending his salary in his arbitration years sky high? Arbitration figures for relievers are still largely determined by saves. Seems pretty dumb to me.

I mean, Bautista looks like one of the best relievers in the game, but on a non-contending team his role is pretty inconsequential, other than affecting his future earnings. Maybe they use the goodwill gesture to sign him long term with some option years attached, but I doubt it.
        This begs the question, was it premature? Don't look now but Baltimore is a contending team.
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post

He's a rookie who has 2+ years until he hits arbitration, I'm not sure they're worried about that -- yet.

Comment

Lopez with a save in the first opportunity

Comment

Working...
            X