Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RJ consensus worst Democratic candidate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RJ consensus worst Democratic candidate?

Is there a clear cut winner/loser in here?

Of the Big Four who is the one that should be out and why?

Who are your Big Four? I see Sanders, Warren, Biden, Buttigieg and Bloomberg as still relevant. (If Klobuchar can only finish fifth in Iowa, she's done, and Yang and Steyer were even worse.)

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
      Who are your Big Four? I see Sanders, Warren, Biden, Buttigieg and Bloomberg as still relevant. (If Klobuchar can only finish fifth in Iowa, she's done, and Yang and Steyer were even worse.)
      I agree. Call it a big 5.

First, what are the parameters for "worst candidate"? I'll presume you mean the "worst candidate to unite the Democratic party and build a coalition to beat Trump"? Or do you mean "which Democratic candidate would make the worst POTUS, regardless of their chances to beat Trump"?
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
        I agree. Call it a big 5.

First, what are the parameters for "worst candidate"? I'll presume you mean the "worst candidate to unite the Democratic party and build a coalition to beat Trump"? Or do you mean "which Democratic candidate would make the worst POTUS, regardless of their chances to beat Trump"?
        It's really two different questions, for sure.

I think Mayor Pete is the worst candidate to build a coalition to beat Trump. The low African-American polling (I mean really low) just seems to be insurmountable to win the general election. There are also plenty of closet homophobes who might actually vote Democrat that will either vote Trump or sit home, particularly in some swing states. So, I think he's got the lowest odds at winning if he were the nominee. I don't think Pete can be as captivating as Obama to get prejudiced (but potential) voters to overcome those prejudices.

Worst president, if victorious? Hell if I know.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post

Can't be worse than the current idiot.
          “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
            It's really two different questions, for sure.

I think Mayor Pete is the worst candidate to build a coalition to beat Trump. The low African-American polling (I mean really low) just seems to be insurmountable to win the general election. There are also plenty of closet homophobes who might actually vote Democrat that will either vote Trump or sit home, particularly in some swing states. So, I think he's got the lowest odds at winning if he were the nominee. I don't think Pete can be as captivating as Obama to get prejudiced (but potential) voters to overcome those prejudices.

I think he'd be worst on both questions.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I think Mayor Pete has a bright future, but just seems like he jumped from A-ball to the big leagues. Heck, the city he was Mayor of is not that much bigger than where I live, and I could not imagine for the life of me our Mayor running for President.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                Can't be worse than the current idiot.
                That's the most important point. Every single one of them would be worlds better than Trump. I don't even have to hesitate a second on that.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  I think Mayor Pete has a bright future, but just seems like he jumped from A-ball to the big leagues. Heck, the city he was Mayor of is not that much bigger than where I live, and I could not imagine for the life of me our Mayor running for President.

I have trouble thinking he can make this big of a jump.
                  "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                  - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                  - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    It's still far more relevant experience for the presidency than, say, real estate mogul/reality TV star.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                      It's still far more relevant experience for the presidency than, say, real estate mogul/reality TV star.
                      Oh, I don't disagree. It's just sad that Pete may be the best the Democrats have to offer. Part of the reason he's doing well is his age.
                      "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                      - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                      - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                        Oh, I don't disagree. It's just sad that Pete may be the best the Democrats have to offer. Part of the reason he's doing well is his age.
                        Perspective. I see him as more of the same IE: Centrist, Status Quo, Etc. and in that absolutely NOT the best thing for the Party.
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                          Perspective. I see him as more of the same IE: Centrist, Status Quo, Etc. and in that absolutely NOT the best thing for the Party.
                          You may be right about the best thing for the Party.

But is the best thing for the Party the best thing for the country?

And which is more important?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            You may be right about the best thing for the Party.

But is the best thing for the Party the best thing for the country?

And which is more important?
                            The Country, of course. But again--I'm sure there are differing perspectives on that as well.
                            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                              The Country, of course. But again--I'm sure there are differing perspectives on that as well.
                              I think a centrist is the best for the country.

Although I'm a little biased as a centrist.

Comment

Working...
                              X