Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
    My God, that last season was so bad. I don't know what to want or expect from new material, but they have a lot of work to overcome the trainwreck end of series.

The John Lithgow season was the peak. After that, his romance with his step-sister was a real jumping the shark plot line.
    Yup, agree 100%. The last season was terrible, as was the romance with Deb.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Yup, agree 100%. The last season was terrible, as was the romance with Deb.
      Worst ending of a show ever, so the reboot can't be any worse (can it?). And if they'd just ended it a few minutes sooner I would've been content.

However, I actually thought they should've taken the romance with Deb further, it seemed logical given their history.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• the really funny thing about second season episode two of the mandalorian is that, even though Yoda is one of the best Jedi's that ever lived, and lived 800 years, his brain hasn't developed enough yet where he couldn't not eat the frog passengers eggs.

yet he understood when, pedro pascale told him not to eat eggs..

overall it's a good series. i can totally see it not being hard to write future episodes and having the potential to go a long time. baby yoda.

Comment

• i watched a movie with 3 of the GoT actors in it before they made the series. not that great of a movie but it got them the role. anyone from GoT is or was gold. Pedro Pascal is the new star i guess. his audition for the Red Viper was done on a cell phone, but it was so good, they hired him and never regretted it. and i would rank him in the top 5 of all GoT characters even though the acting role was short lived. heh.

i am glad Lucasfilm stopped being cunts.

Comment

• watched the first episode of zomboat on hulu. British zombie apocalypse comedy. I like the look and feel if the show, and the episode are short.
            people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
              watched the first episode of zomboat on hulu. British zombie apocalypse comedy. I like the look and feel if the show, and the episode are short.
              Is it like, zombies chase people in and out of random doors while circus music plays, and suddenly a half naked women runs out of one of the doors while the zombies wink at us?
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                Is it like, zombies chase people in and out of random doors while circus music plays, and suddenly a half naked women runs out of one of the doors while the zombies wink at us?
                not so far but I've only watched the one episode and it is a British show
                people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Started watching Money Heist with my oldest son. We love it.

Liked the short series (6 episodes) Barbarians on Netflix. Not must-watch, but if you like those kind of shows, you'll dig it.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Started watching Money Heist with my oldest son. We love it.
                    I got to pretty near the end of season 2 (end of the first Heist) but haven't gotten back to it. Started to get frustrated with how the guy that so meticulously planned the heist, chose such erratic criminals to pull it off.

Comment

• Really liked The Haunting of Bly Manor on Netflix, both this and Haunting of Hill House were very well done.

Exceelent stuff all around.

Comment

• Three episodes into The Queen's Gambit, and neither me nor my wife understands all the fuss. Does it get better?
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• British baking blah blah blah....
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                            Really liked The Haunting of Bly Manor on Netflix, both this and Haunting of Hill House were very well done.

Exceelent stuff all around.
                            We started Bly Manor. Mrs. Gregg likes it. Me not so much. It is just one notch above boring to me. To much like a soap opera and not enough frights. She said she will finish it when I am working.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              We started Bly Manor. Mrs. Gregg likes it. Me not so much. It is just one notch above boring to me. To much like a soap opera and not enough frights. She said she will finish it when I am working.
                              there's a line in the last episode where they are back at the Wedding where it all began and the bride says "You lied at the start, it's not a ghost story, it's a love story" or something to that effect. True enough I think.

Did you watch Hill House? It was a bit scarier, but they are both more eerie than frightening.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                                Warning for her, I really liked the start of this one, it set up a bunch of mystery as to how/why things were going on. But it failed to deliver. It flopped in the last 2 episodes for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X