The RJ 1000: The top 1000 rock classics of all time Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DMT View Post
    So we're just picking 1000 songs, not trying to get them in order from THE best song down?
    Its Stairway to Heaven.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I'm in.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Like each of us gets a set number of vetos (5?) which are then voted on and if a majority agrees the song is unworthy, it gets the boot.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

So we're just picking 1000 songs, not trying to get them in order from THE best song down?
          We are trying to get them in order. But the "best song" is the one you say it is.

Rolling Stone, sirius, or Mith may have Stairway ranked #1, but I don't. Top 10 yes, but not #1. If it is there when I pick you will know what I think is #1.

Comment

Like each of us gets a set number of vetos (5?) which are then voted on and if a majority agrees the song is unworthy, it gets the boot.
            I like it!

Comment

I will say 1000 songs sounds ambitious for this group.
              “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                WAAAAAAY too ambitious. Maybe 100? Since only a handful have expressed interest?

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  WAAAAAAY too ambitious. Maybe 100? Since only a handful have expressed interest?
                  We've got 9 or 10 so that's only 100 each. I don't think it'll be a problem. There's no rush......to finish quickly
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

We've got 9 or 10 so that's only 100 each. I don't think it'll be a problem. There's no Rush.
                    Wow, I wonder if Mith will still want to participate.
                    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                      That is the goal. It is why I suggested the rules the way I did. There will not need to be a lot of waiting around.

10 players x 5 picks per day=50 per day. This can be wrapped up in 20 days.

If people drop out that just mean those left will get more picks. I was just hoping it wouldn't be Gregg's 1000 classics of all time.

Comment

Should we get started?
                        - Terence McKenna

Comment

[QUOTE=Steve 2.0;360367]Wow, I wonder if Mith will still want to participate.[/QUOTE

For every Rush song vetoed, I will nominate two more!

Comment

Should we get started?
                            Is everyone available to start?

Comment

Let's start tomorrow at noon Central Time if that works for everyone.

Please confirm you are in and I will post the order for the first round before we defer to the 2 hour rule.

Comment

IN....

Comment

Working...
                                X