Official Week 8 Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Week 8 Discussion Thread

Giants continue to clean house, trading Snacks Harrison to Detroit for a 5th rounder

Will Fuller tore his ACL last night and is out for the season.

Royce Freeman OUT

Comment

Bucs WR DeSean Jackson has requested to be traded.

Browns OC Todd Haley is reportedly on the "hot seat" and may not make it through the week.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Pat Shurmur makes Ben McAdoo seem like Vince Lombardi.

for the second straight week, the Giants had the ball with about 4 minutes left, needing more than a TD.
        the first time, they dicked around long enough to score a TD with 5 seconds left. today, it was 19 seconds left.

um, granting you won't likely recover the onside kick anyway (they didn't and they didn't), but you might want to leave more than a few seconds just in case.

even if one wants to blame Eli in the Falcons game, well, then someone didn't straighten him out before today.

just comical to see a team in the red zone with under a minute left, needing two scores, and avoiding throwing to the end zone like it was against the law.

all that said, is Eli a fantasy favorite? he racks up lots of meaningless passing yards
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Todd Gurley breaks free for a last minute garbage time TD.....and being the good sport he is, purposely stops short of the end zone. Rams win 29-27. All are happy.

But wait!!! The Rams were favored by 7.5 and the O/U was 57! Watch out for the bridge jumpers!

Comment

well, anyone who had the Rams giving more than a TD to Aaron Rodgers deserved their fate.

Packers get the ball back with 2 minutes left, down 2 points. anyone want to bet against Rodgers?
            except the moron returner for the Packers took the ball out from deep in the end zone and then fumbled at the 20.

Packers covered in that game for about 58 minutes. if Gurley scored there, would be the most undeserving cover of the year since - well, that dopey Giants garbage-time 8-point play last week with literally 5 seconds left in a game they lost anyway.

there are lots of "bad beats" every year. for Packer backers, this one would have been ridiculous
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Saints with the pick 6. 5:58 left in the 3rd. 27-13. Vikes look like they are in trouble.
              Last edited by Gregg; 10-28-2018, 09:30 PM.

Comment

If Ty Montgomery is employed by Green Bay tomorrow....grrr.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  If Ty Montgomery is employed by Green Bay tomorrow....grrr.
                  I just read that the coach told him to take a knee. He was on his own. It is not good to be named Ty Montgomery today.

Comment

Hue Jackson fired. Al Saunders named interim HC.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Hue Jackson fired. Al Saunders named interim HC.
                      I guess OC Todd Haley and the rest of the staff stick around until the end of the year now.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

There have been 219 coaches in NFL history who coached at least 40 games in their career. Hue Jackson (3-36-1) ranks 218th in career winning percentage. Although, he did win twice as many games this year compared to 2017.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          I guess OC Todd Haley and the rest of the staff stick around until the end of the year now.
                          Todd Haley canned. LOL.

Comment

Finally!

Not sure who the best choice the new head coach....but I'm sure we'll screw it up....lol

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              I just read that the coach told him to take a knee. He was on his own. It is not good to be named Ty Montgomery today.
                              It’s getting uglier by the minute. Montgomery denies he was instructed to take a knee, and McCarthy’s post game remarks appear to support that. But it’s clear more than one Packer went to the press, and based on the latest from Montgomery, it appears he thinks one of them is Aaron.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                              X