Week 17 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    According to the AP, the Bengals-Bills game won't be resumed. Because that would eliminate the possibility of the Bengals or Bills getting the #1 seed, the league is leaning towards including an 8th team in the playoffs, so that no team would get a bye (which, of course, would screw the Eagles and Chiefs, the two likely #1 seeds).

Under the circumstances, this sounds like a reasonably good solution.

Comment

According to the AP, the Bengals-Bills game won't be resumed. Because that would eliminate the possibility of the Bengals or Bills getting the #1 seed, the league is leaning towards including an 8th team in the playoffs, so that no team would get a bye (which, of course, would screw the Eagles and Chiefs, the two likely #1 seeds).
      The playoff bye week will probably disappear forever once the NFL gets a taste of that extra money from those two additional playoff games.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The NFL scrapped the 8th team idea -- apparently it was never even on the table -- and instead will vote today on a plan where if the Bills or Bengals make the AFC Championship Game, it will be played at a neutral site.

Comment

• I would hate to be the commissioner in a big money fantasy league where the championship outcome is determined by those couple of points in the Bills-Bengals game.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Houston beating Indy would be one of the worst wins in NFL history.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
              Houston beating Indy would be one of the worst wins in NFL history.
              Unless you are a Bears fan.

Comment

• Black Monday has its first victim -- Lovie Smith canned by Houston

Comment

• Browns fired DC Joe Woods

Comment

Black Monday has its first victim -- Lovie Smith canned by Houston
                    Probably should not have went for that extra 2 point conversion at the end of the game.

Comment

• Damar Hamlin was released Monday from University of Cincinnati Medical Center to continue his rehab at home in Buffalo. His GoFundMe page for "The Chasing M's Foundation Community Toy Drive" has received almost $9 million in donations in 9 days.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                      X