No announcement yet.

2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems like a given that Callaspo will be DFAed either immediately or when Puig comes back. It'll be interesting to see how the whole deal shakes out - you rarely see trades that revolve around prospects these days.

Comment

• Looks like all the speculation was wrong...the Dodgers apparently wanted major league bullpen depth. Braves continue to stockpile premium arms...with Withrow recovering from TJ surgery.

Trade talks between the Dodgers and Braves regarding Alberto Callaspo and Juan Uribe fell apart Tuesday morning after Callaspo vetoed the transaction, but talks rekindled just hours later after Callaspo had a change of heart, and the two sides have reportedly reached a deal, pending approval from the commissioner’s office. The Braves will acquire Uribe and right-hander Chris Withrow from the Dodgers in exchange for Callaspo, right-hander Juan Jaime and left-handers Ian Thomas and Eric Stults.
      After vetoing a deal Tuesday morning, Alberto Callaspo has approved a trade that will send him to the Dodgers for Juan Uribe. Read more on MLBTR.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Well that's a terrible trade - Stults is a bum and Jaime can't throw a damn strike. Never heard of this Thomas kid.

Comment

• The only rationale I can see is "we are desperate to get Uribe off the roster to open up more PT for Guerrero and Turner (and Olivera, when he's ready)."
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
            The only rationale I can see is "we are desperate to get Uribe off the roster to open up more PT for Guerrero and Turner (and Olivera, when he's ready)."
            Looks like Freidman still thinks that he's in Tampa and has to worry about salary...it's the freakin' Dodgers for God's sake, money is NOT an issue. If you wanted Uribe off the roster, just cut him...and then you'd still have Withrow instead of the bag of crap they got in return from the Braves.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Kenley Jansen was unavailable last night. "Wasn't feeling well" according to the Dodgers. Stay tuned.

Comment

• Puig is the most over rated 5x5 fantasy player in MLB.

So much talent and so little stat-wise.

Sorry elD, I am talking about production, not "what could be". I know he has been injured (his MO it seems), but even when healthy his stats are so mediocre.

110 AB with 12 runs, 3 HR, 10 RBI and ZERO steals. the .300 average is nice

So tell me why he is so valuable? Oh yeah, because some sucker will always be willing to grossly overpay for him.
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Is it time to believe in Turner as a top? for ?
                  or still be skeptical?

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                    If only some kind soul would create an alter ego who'd put up posts questioning the effectiveness of Cuban players in general, we might get to the bottom of this conundrum!
                    So you're still clinging to the notion that he is very valuable for 5x5 fantasy baseball? He's not, the stats say that.

Until he actually starts producing good numbers for a more than a limited time he is extremely over rated.

I know it's difficult to examine the numbers when one has an obvious bias towards a player, but come on ElD, he's been pretty average as far as fantasy purposes since his breakout in 2013.
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                      So you're still clinging to the notion that he is very valuable for 5x5 fantasy baseball? He's not, the stats say that.

Until he actually starts producing good numbers for a more than a limited time he is extremely over rated.

I know it's difficult to examine the numbers when one has an obvious bias towards a player, but come on ElD, he's been pretty average as far as fantasy purposes since his breakout in 2013.
                      Slash line .300/.389/.482...the stats say he's pretty damn good.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                        Slash line .300/.389/.482...the stats say he's pretty damn good.
                        One of those 3 numbers is a category in my league.

Unfortunately, so are stolen bases (zero) and HRs (3).

Good in real life does not necessarily equal good in fantasy.

Significantly behind Adeiny Hechevarria on the player rater also doesn't equal good in fantasy.

Do I think he'll get better? Yes I do. Do I think there's some truth to the fact that he's overrated in roto? Yes I do.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                          One of those 3 numbers is a category in my league.

Unfortunately, so are stolen bases (zero) and HRs (3).

Good in real life does not necessarily equal good in fantasy.

Significantly behind Adeiny Hechevarria on the player rater also doesn't equal good in fantasy.

Do I think he'll get better? Yes I do. Do I think there's some truth to the fact that he's overrated in roto? Yes I do.
                          Can you really believe that Puig is a lesser player than Hechevarria in any format, under any conditions?

Let's see where Puig is when the dust all settles after the season...I know where my money will be.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• kids, kids, you're both right.

Puig is very good at a lot of things that, this season, are not translating into amazing fantasy numbers. That said, he's also missed a lot of time this year, so his counting stats of course look a bit worse.

As far as rate stats, including things like HR/AB, R/AB, etc., he's having about the same season as Matt Carpenter, another guy who is clearly a good hitter and whose value doesn't always show up in fantasy. Puig is still very good, but for fantasy he's looking like a round 4-6 guy instead of a round 1-2 guy.
                            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• I'm not sure if we'll see more than a handful of steals out of Puig this year. Not only is the team running less (since they're terrible at it) but I'm guessing he doesn't want to aggravate that hamstring injury. I'd look for the power numbers to rebound a bit - usually it takes guys a little while to get their timing back after a long layoff.

Now that the season's just about halfway through, here are my predictions for his 2nd half:
                              .290 BA, 40 R, 10 HR, 45 RBI, 5 SB

I agree that he's always been a bit overrated in fantasy terms, but that doesn't mean he can't be a top 50 player the rest of the way this year (and one of these days he might fulfill all that potential and hit 30 bombs - he's still only 24).

Comment

• Puig is like that elite running back that just can't seem to play a full season. Injured nearly every year, missing 4, 6, 12 games. But that one year, just like his breakout rookie year, he'll have an incredible year. And likely you'll get him cheaper because of his injuries.

So you have to decide, is it worth the risk to take him in round 1, or do you hope he falls to Round 5, where the risk is much lower?

So curse him this year for the poor counting stats if you overpaid him. Or dream of greater returns in the future because the secondary stats say he's amazing. As mjl said, both sides are correct.
                                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                                X