Thanksgiving Meal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
    Good thing they'll have that delicious vegan salmon.
    Which, by the way, is a thing:

New brand Vegan SeaStar aims to revolutionize the plant-based seafood industry with its “No Tuna” and “Zalmon” vegan sashimi.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
      Yeah, went to Holland to grab some yesterday. You guys didn't think I was cooking an actual fish did you ?
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      ---------------------------------------------
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving all you yanks ... last month for Canadian Thanksgiving it was just my wife & me so we roasted a chicken with the usual sides (last year we did a small turkey for 3 people & ended up having leftovers forever ... so no more of that unless we have a crew over)
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Lessee, we’re hosting this year, so the food roster is turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, green beans in butter and garlic, cranberry sauce, stuffing, deviled eggs, and three kinds of pie- apple, cherry, and a chocolate bourbon.

Wines are Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc, Frei Brothers reserve Pinot Noir, and a Barolo.

I may recover from the food coma around Saturday or so.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            Lessee, we’re hosting this year, so the food roster is turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, green beans in butter and garlic, cranberry sauce, stuffing, deviled eggs, and three kinds of pie- apple, cherry, and a chocolate bourbon.

Wines are Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc, Frei Brothers reserve Pinot Noir, and a Barolo.

I may recover from the food coma around Saturday or so.
            what time do you want us over???
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Anytime. We have mimosa makings ready to go! We get an almond sparkling wine in the Temecula valley that makes incredible mimosas.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                It has been 2 years since we have been able to attend the Family Thanksgiving at my Sister's house. We are very much looking forward to it. We will have a traditional meal.

The Menu

Turkey and dressing
                Homemade rolls with butter
                Mashed Potatoes and gravy
                Corn
                Cauliflower and Peas in a cream sauce
                Pumpkin Pie
                Pecan Pie

My good friend told me they are going with Steak and Shrimp.

How about you?
                The creamed cauliflower and peas, mashed potatoes and corn are made and ready to go.

We will leave for the two hour drive to Fond du lac Wisconsin at noon.

Have a Happy and Safe Thanksgiving to you and yours!!

Comment

Working...
                X