Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ironfist View Post
    One of my favorite comedies right now. They've really built up a great cast of characters (the only one I don't care for is Gina).
    I just got into it and have quickly caught up. Great ensemble cast, and Gina is funny as hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post

Clearly you missed the episode when the G-Hive saved the Nine-Nine from closure?????
      She has her moments, but something about her gets on my nerves often.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironfist View Post
        She has her moments, but something about her gets on my nerves often.
        Probably something to do with the raging narcissism and delusions of grandeur ... though now that I think about it ... you could say that about most of the characters in B99

Comment

• anyone watching Counterpart? it's excellent.
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
            anyone watching Counterpart? it's excellent.
            No, but it had hooked me at J.K. Simmons ...

Comment

• Anyone catch "Who is America?" This is Sacha Baron Cohen's latest vehicle. Hysterical.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                Anyone catch "Who is America?" This is Sacha Baron Cohen's latest vehicle. Hysterical.
                No one watching this show? Ep 2 last night, starring Dick Cheney. Oof.

Comment

I'm watching an old season of Hawaii Five-0 this summer!

Its mostly meh but I like the scenery and relaxing viewing.
                  "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

The first episode was kind of meh, but the part with the mosque in last night's actually made me laugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                      Some Netflix thoughts:

Thought Mindhunter was top notch, and well worth the effort. Plus Anna Torv.
                      Agreed!

The Sinner ... has to be a mini series right? Unless they make a recurring series from the Bill Pullman character ... which I wouldn't recommend. Jessica Biel is the stand out. Saying that, I thought it was darn good thriller. If it had've been a movie (which maybe it should have been) it would have made a decent thriller.
                      This looks to be exactly what they are doing. Same Bill Pullman, new sinner, no Jessica Biel. Season 1 was good though.

A couple of episodes into Godless, and I'm pretty impressed so far. Jeff Daniels is superb.
                      Really, Really enjoyed Godless. it all ties up at the end and there won't be a sequel, so enjoy watching it for what it is, and know that you won't be disappointed with something that ends with a cliff hanger and is never picked up.
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Haven't really done a summary of what we've been watching over the past year ... so ...

Awesome
                        The Handmaid's Tale - so well done, lives up to the hype; super dark, brilliantly written (tho I wasn't crazy about how season 2 ended; we'll see how it picks up next year)
                        The Americans - really good closing season, and the finale was everything a finale should be.
                        Counterpart - if you didn't catch the recommendation earlier, check it out; really well done alt-reality (can't call it sci-fi) plus communist era show, even tho it's present day
                        Brooklyn Nine-Nine - weird to put a sit-com in here but it's just so well done.

Very Good
                        Mr. Robot - finished season 3 last month; it can be a tough slog at times but I still love this flavour of dystopian future.
                        Westworld - could have been awesome - I almost put it in that section; I just think they tried too hard, I didn't really connect.
                        The Good Doctor - got caught up with this last winter; worth watching, well done
                        Homeland - Carrie finally figures out this season how to balance her career, motherhood, and a relationship. oh wait, no, she does none of that.
                        Billions - good show, Paul Giamatti + some very good writing make it very good.
                        The Good Fight - this was a surprise. Some really fantastic writing & acting; worth checking out.
                        Mary Kills People - a small Canadian production, but well done.
                        Queen of the South - I was gonna put this in as a guilty pleasure, but I find I'm taking it more seriously this season. Not sure why, but enjoying it.

Guilty Pleasures (need one or two of these on the favourites list)
                        UnReal - this show was a train wreck - there are no characters with any redeeming qualities (maybe Chet). I wanted to stop watching but couldn't.
                        Colony - just got into this. Not bad, but kind of formulaic. We'll see where it goes.
                        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Colony - just got into this. Not bad, but kind of formulaic. We'll see where it goes.
                          I'm assuming it doesnt have a real ending since it was cancelled.

Anyone have thoughts on The Last Ship or Last Man on Earth? Had 5 and 4 season respectively, always was slightly interested but never started either of them. Are they worth getting into with possibly no real ending?
                          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Condor is good if anyone is looking for a political intrigue suspense drama.

Better Call Saul is back, and brilliant as ever.

The Terror is terrific if you're looking for a mini series without any long term commitment.

Ozark season 2 is upcoming, and looking forward to that ... highly recommend season 1 on Netflix.

Also from Netflix, Jessica Jones (S2) and The Alienist were good

Goliath (Amazon) is one strange f**king series, I don't even know, but it keeps me watching.

Comment

Mr. Robot - finished season 3 last month; it can be a tough slog at times but I still love this flavour of dystopian future.
                              Felt Mr. Robot has completely fallen off the rails. First season was superb. Second was a step down, but decent. Season 3 was real hard work. I have no idea what this show is doing, or trying to say anymore. I think they are making it up as they go along.

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                                I'm assuming it doesnt have a real ending since it was cancelled.
                                re: Colony: after coming down with a summer cold this pastweekend (BAH!), we binge watched seasons 2 & 3. Season 3 was interesting, and quite a shift from the first two. I enjoyed how they wrapped it up, any attempt at a season 4 would be just dragging things out.

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                                Felt Mr. Robot has completely fallen off the rails. First season was superb. Second was a step down, but decent. Season 3 was real hard work. I have no idea what this show is doing, or trying to say anymore. I think they are making it up as they go along.
                                agreed;if the main point of season 3 was
                                Spoiler!

Comment

Working...
                                X