Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
    Braves acquire Jake Odorizzi for Will Smith

Braves also acquire Robbie Grossman, presumably as a short-side platoon mate for Eddie Rosario.
    Anyone know if Odorizzi starts every 5th game for the Braves? It looks like they already have 5 starts, but Odorizzi has pitched well this year and I figure they acquired him to have him pitch. Do they bump Strider, despite him pitching well?

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      Anyone know if Odorizzi starts every 5th game for the Braves? It looks like they already have 5 starts, but Odorizzi has pitched well this year and I figure they acquired him to have him pitch. Do they bump Strider, despite him pitching well?
      I've been hearing that they would be looking to limit Strider's innings down the stretch. Given that he's already accustomed to long relief, it seems like a smart move to save something in the tank for the playoffs.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        Reds actually did pretty well here, with 3 of the Twins top 15 prospects. Spencer Steer is an infielder who's become a legitimate power guy, and not a dud in average. Encarnacion-Strand is a legit power guy who might be a year or two away, and might play both infield corner spots. Hajjar looks like a back of the rotation/bullpen guy, but might develop into a bit more.
        As soon as I saw the details, I thought "that's a much better package than what the Yankees paid for Montas", even though Montas was viewed as the 2nd best SP on the market after Castillo.

I think Mahle and Montas are probably quite close in pure skills once you remove park factors. Then again, I'm viewing it from a fantasy lense, where the bats from the Twins hold a lot more appeal than the pitchers from the Yanks. Real world value is probably closer there too.

But damn... I love those bats, Encarnacion-Strand and Steer. No clue what Cincy does with all their MI's. They're in Pokémon mode, collect them all. (Noelvi Marte, Elly De La Cruz, Matt McLain, Edwin Arroyo, and now Spencer Steer)
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
          As soon as I saw the details, I thought "that's a much better package than what the Yankees paid for Montas", even though Montas was viewed as the 2nd best SP on the market after Castillo.

I think Mahle and Montas are probably quite close in pure skills once you remove park factors. Then again, I'm viewing it from a fantasy lense, where the bats from the Twins hold a lot more appeal than the pitchers from the Yanks. Real world value is probably closer there too.

But damn... I love those bats, Encarnacion-Strand and Steer. No clue what Cincy does with all their MI's. They're in Pokémon mode, collect them all. (Noelvi Marte, Elly De La Cruz, Matt McLain, Edwin Arroyo, and now Spencer Steer)
          They become CI's and Outfielders my friend...or more trade bait. Maybe for someone to actually throw the damn ball? And what a great park to hit in for all those guys!
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            Slugging .293. Sorry that was a horrible misuse of the term. "Slug"ing.

Call him punch and judy.
            Jordan Groshans is batting .429 over his current eight-game hit streak with 2 HR and six RBIs at AAA Jacksonville. Maybe the change of scenery was just what the doctor ordered...

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
              Totally agree btw. Will be fun to follow theee guys. Reds GM (Nick Krall) did one hell of a job.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                Jordan Groshans is batting .429 over his current eight-game hit streak with 2 HR and six RBIs at AAA Jacksonville. Maybe the change of scenery was just what the doctor ordered...
                And his yearly OPS is still < .700

Agree he's hitting better, hope it continues.

Comment

Working...
                X