Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mueller team is the yin to trumps yang. As trump plays politics with daily tweets, literally hundreds of tweets that could be classified as intimidation, gaslighting, attacks on judiciary, and ugly directionless outright lies trying to sway public opinion. In contrast Mueller always, almost without exception, stays silent. "Mueller’s only public statement as special counsel came on May 17, 2017, the day he was appointed: “I accept this responsibility and will discharge it to the best of my ability.”

While trump team leaks, Mueller team has been remarkably, even historically tight lipped and invisible considering size and scope of this case, letting indictments speak for themselves. https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...=.332c213fd353

As clownlike, immoral, and embarrassing trump team has been in handling this, Mueller team has been unerringly professional, effective, and efficient.

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
      The Mueller team is the yin to trumps yang. As trump plays politics with daily tweets, literally hundreds of tweets that could be classified as intimidation, gaslighting, attacks on judiciary, and ugly directionless outright lies trying to sway public opinion. In contrast Mueller always, almost without exception, stays silent. "Mueller’s only public statement as special counsel came on May 17, 2017, the day he was appointed: “I accept this responsibility and will discharge it to the best of my ability.”

While trump team leaks, Mueller team has been remarkably, even historically tight lipped and invisible considering size and scope of this case, letting indictments speak for themselves. https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...=.332c213fd353

As clownlike, immoral, and embarrassing trump team has been in handling this, Mueller team has been unerringly professional, effective, and efficient.
      You forget, in J’s Bizarro World, Mueller is the leaker and Trump is tight-lipped. It’s hard to understand sometimes.

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
        It's a near certainty, so be reassured. The Mueller team has leaked like a sieve throughout the investigation, so we would know already if he had anything.

J
        please give examples of this leaky sieve
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Damn, what a boring speech.
          If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• John Harwood
            ‏Verified account @JohnJHarwood
            3m3 minutes ago

Republicans applaud Trump call for school choice but zero chance it passes Democratic House

Democrats applaud call for paid family leave but zero chance it passes Republican Senate
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
              Damn, what a boring speech.
              All SOTU are boring. It's in the manual.

Originally posted by revo View Post
              You forget, in J’s Bizarro World, Mueller is the leaker and Trump is tight-lipped. It’s hard to understand sometimes.
              Trump's not tight-lipped. Just the opposite.

Are you actually taking the position that Mueller's team did not leak, for example, George Papadopoulos' name? For anopther, why was there a news crew ready to record the pre-dawn raid of Stone's home. Everything the investigation ever turned up on Papadopoulos, Flynn, Manafort, etc. was tipped to the media ahead of time, When I used a sieve as an example. I was being conservative. There have been many more leaks than holes in a sieve.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• The silence about the SOTU is deafening.

Poll numbers are off the chart favorable. Pelosi did Trump a big favor by making a spectacle of this speech.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                  The silence about the SOTU is deafening.

Poll numbers are off the chart favorable. Pelosi did Trump a big favor by making a spectacle of this speech.

J
                  Deafening ? Maybe. Barely listenable was my rating
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I think what he really meant was that most people watching had the sound off.
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Even Rick Santorum panned it. Stay real 1J.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        Even Rick Santorum panned it. Stay real 1J.
                        Stay ?
                        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Trump and the facts! LOL.

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• you guys made me curious re polling, so per thehill.com

"Roughly three-quarters of respondents who watched President Trump’s State of the Union address approved of his speech, according to CNN and CBS News polls released late Tuesday.

Seventy-six percent approved of the speech in the CBS poll, with 24 percent saying they disapproved. About 59 percent of respondents to the CNN poll had a very positive reaction to the speech, while 17 percent said they had a somewhat positive reaction. Roughly one-quarter — 23 percent — had a negative reaction in that survey.

However, a significantly higher proportion of Tuesday’s viewers were Republicans, compared to the population at large, reflecting a trend that more State of the Union viewers tend to be members of the president’s party.....

Approval of the speech was starkly divided along partisan lines. Almost all of Republicans who tuned in — 97 percent — approved of the president’s speech, according to CBS News, while only 30 percent of Democrats said the same. About 82 percent of independents in that survey who watched the speech liked what they heard."
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                              "About 82 percent of independents in that survey who watched the speech liked what they heard."
                              This is the key number folks - all of the partisan polling is bullshit. This certainly would indicate that Trump is pushing the right buttons for many folks.
                              It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                              Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                                This is the key number folks - all of the partisan polling is bullshit. This certainly would indicate that Trump is pushing the right buttons for many folks.
                                Riiight. The number of actual independents is 6-7%. Most "independents" clearly favor one of the two major parties. But keep inflating your 'independent' egos.
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X