2K19 Peter Alonso

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K19 Peter Alonso

Does the 24 year old take over the starting role this year?

Massive power. Not so good on BA.

Are you guys buyers this year?

Lowrie and Cano are presumptive starters at 3B and 2B. Todd Frazier is still hanging around. And so Alonso has to fight with Frazier and Jeff McNeil for whatever's left. I don't think Alonso gets a ton of ABs this year, which is a shame.

Comment

how could you not include Dom Smith in this?
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        how could you not include Dom Smith in this?
        Ugh. Even before he flopped, he was a middling MLB bat, and an unacceptable 1B bat. I can't see him getting more than the 143 ABs he got last year, probably much less, barring injury to other players.

Lowrie will likely hit the DL, and those ABs will probably trickle down to Alonso. Frazier is the real roadblock here. Teams like the Mets always favor the veteran, so even if he's bad in ST and Alonso hits a ton, Frazier will still likely start the season at 1B. It's a terrible choice that I'm pretty sure the Mets will make. I think McNeil will get lots of ABs as a supersub, but few at 1B.

Unfortunately, Alonso is stuck at 1B and there is a logjam there that will have to be cleared before he can make his mark.

Comment

On the bright side he seems to be the perfect dh.

Comment

McNeil will play a lot of OF, particularly with Cespedes in trouble.

Comment

JD Davis and TJ Rivera (.304 career MLB AVG) also are around chasing 1B and other INF ABs.

I wouldn't be a buyer of Alonso in a re-draft league, unless maybe an end-game dice-roll.

for OF, Mets have Conforto, Nimmo, Lagares and Broxton. but McNeil will play some out there - especially in the first half with no Cespedes.
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                McNeil will play a lot of OF, particularly with Cespedes in trouble.
                Is he even an OF? And with Conforto and Nimmo, can he play center? That's the only spot available if you don't want to curtail their AB's.

Comment

McNeil is a very good all-around athlete; he'll be able to handle a corner at CitiField.
                  Not only are Lagares and Broxton CFs, but Nimmo and especially Conforto surprisingly can fake it there as well.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                    McNeil is a very good all-around athlete; he'll be able to handle a corner at CitiField.
                    Not only are Lagares and Broxton CFs, but Nimmo and especially Conforto surprisingly can fake it there as well.
                    If he is such a good athlete, why is he a butcher in the infield?
                    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

McNeil seemed ok at 2B last year other than turning DPs.
                      he's a scratch golfer, meaning he shoots around par anywhere. worth an extra buck to me.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

I've heard that Alonso is going 1st overall in our reserve draft this year. I'm happy about that, I don't think he's a 1st round talent (although most of the big names, Vlad, Tucker, Bichette, etc are already taken)

Comment

McNeil seemed ok at 2B last year other than turning DPs.
                          he's a scratch golfer, meaning he shoots around par anywhere. worth an extra buck to me.
                          Smoltz was, too. Didn't make him able to play in the outfield. McNeil could be a steal with an injury or two, but I doubt he gets enough PA's to make a difference in fantasy leagues without them. Sure, he'll play some, but how much is a guy who plays three days a week worth? He'll be like Ohtani as a hitter last year.

Comment

well, Smoltz qualified for and played in the US Senior Open last year.

and on that Las Vegas course where Tiger and Phil played the PPV match a few months ago, there is a drivable long par-4 where only one person - pro or amateur - has ever made a hole-in-one there. it's Smoltz.

I'm not putting McNeil in THAT category!

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

well, Smoltz qualified for and played in the US Senior Open last year.

and on that Las Vegas course where Tiger and Phil played the PPV match a few months ago, there is a drivable long par-4 where only one person - pro or amateur - has ever made a hole-in-one there. it's Smoltz.

I'm not putting McNeil in THAT category!
                              And there is probably less than a 1% chance he'll end up in Smotzie's other famous category.

Comment

Working...
                              X