AL only reserve round targets advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL only reserve round targets advice

Hey Pen - my AL only auction league reserve rounds (snake draft style) start today, and historically you all have given me some good advice on who to target. Anyone in an AL organization is eligible (ie no Kimbrell/Keuchel). Guys like Eloy, Whitley, Vlad have been kept. Below are some of the prospect types and MLB types still available after the draft. Who would you put near the top of the list for me? I have pick 9, 12, etc... Guys I like now are in bold, but feel free to set me straight! 2019 contribution potential highly weighted over long-term keeper value, as keepers are 3 yrs max. Reserves get a salary of $8 in round 1, $7 in round 2, down to $1 in round 8.

Prospects:
    Kyle Tucker (not likely to last to my #9 pick)
    Jo Adell
    Leody Taveras
    Alex Kiriloff
    Jesus Sanchez
    Jarred Kelenic
    Bo Bichette
    Nick Madrigal
    Sean Murphy
    Yordan Alvarez
    Nate Lowe
    Brendan McKay
    Yusniel Diaz
    Austin Hays
    Bradley Zimmer

AJ Puk
    Casey Mize
    Michael Kopech
    Dylan Cease
    Tanner Anderson
    Triston McKenzie
    Griffith Canning

MLB level:
    Josh Harrison
    Matt Duffy
    Yandy Diaz
    Tony Kemp
    Eduardo Nunez
    Willie Calhoun (need an OF)
    Jacoby Jones
    Dustin Fowler
    Max Stassi (need a C)
    Greg Bird
    Dan Vogelbach
    Mikey Mahtook
    Chris Herrmann
    Ji Man Choi

Aaron Sanchez
    Frankie Montas
    Framber Valdez
    Ryan Borucki
    Marco Estrada
    Chaz Roe
    Mike Leake
    Ryan Yarborough
    Jaime Barria
    Drew Smyly
    Daniel Mengden
    Ervin Santana

Wow, Josh Harrison jumps out at me as someone that you may not need now but as a chip that you might trade. He has the leadoff spot for the Tigers and could show some early value, possibly making him worth the outfielder you need to replace Naquin.

I usually look for instant impact out of the first pick in a reserve draft though, so factor that in.
    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

I like Yandy and Josh Harrison for major leaguers. Barria, Sanchez and Yarbrough are good on the pitching side. Any chance Ty Buttrey is still out there? I'm a big fan of Kiriloff for prospects - he's attempting a move to 1B and if that works, there is nothing in his way beyond this year.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
        I like Yandy and Josh Harrison for major leaguers. Barria, Sanchez and Yarbrough are good on the pitching side. Any chance Ty Buttrey is still out there? I'm a big fan of Kiriloff for prospects - he's attempting a move to 1B and if that works, there is nothing in his way beyond this year.
        Yep, big Kiriloff fan as well.

Comment

Buttrey was taken in the auction. Kiriloff is still out there though, but he seems at least a year off, no?

No love for Austin Hays as a 2019 contributor? He should be up and getting ABs soon enough, right?
          Last edited by SlideRule; 03-25-2019, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Yusniel Diaz and Ji Man Choi are both decent options. Daz Cameron isn't available, is he?
            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
              Yusniel Diaz and Ji Man Choi are both decent options. Daz Cameron isn't available, is he?
              Daz is still available. Is he likely to get a mid-season callup? Sounds like He's on the 2020 timetable more likely.

Comment

depending on league rules, Ji-Man only DH eligible on draft day which helps hold down his value. Team appears to be committed to him hitting middle of the lineup vs RHP

Comment

Kirilloff
                  Yandy
                  Kemp over Willie Calhoun. Maybe also Fowler, Mahtook over Calhoun.

Comment

Didn't see Carlos Gonzalez in there, he might be useful with how thin things are in the CLE OF.

Also speaking of Cleveland, Brad Miller may or may not be worth considering.

Comment

Thanks for the input. So far I've picked Austin Hays, Jaime Barria (sent to AAA now, boo), Nate Lowe, and Sean Murphy. Just missed out on Harrison, Yandy, and Yusniel Diaz. CarGo was gone in auction. Ji-Man also gone.

Still available:
                      Chaz Roe
                      JP Crawford
                      Matt Duffy
                      Eduardo Nunez
                      Chris Davis (oof)
                      Dustin Fowler
                      Tony Kemp
                      Mahtook and Jacoby Jones
                      Daz Cameron
                      Framber Valdez
                      Marco Estrada