15th year 12 team H2H league needs two owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15th year 12 team H2H league needs two owners

YOU! Yes, you! I’m gonna need you to stop what you’re doing and check out the North Star Baseball League. The NSBL needs TWO new owners for its 15th season. The new owners will take over existing franchises (rosters listed below).

We use a head-to-head 7x6 format (specifics below). We are a combination of keeper league and draft league, and we have a unique way of doing it. We start the season by a couple rounds of holds (and steals) until we all have 12 players. At that point, we use a draft to fill in the remaining 16 roster spots. Most of the guys are vets and are active. The entry fee is $55 through the leaguesafe website. Don’t think a rookie can’t win it, because this league was won by an active rookie in 2013, and a second year owner in 2017. Franchises can be remolded into winners fairly quickly if you know what you’re doing. League details below:

HOLDING/DRAFTING:
    PHASE 1: FIRST ROUND OF HOLDS AND STEALS
    1. Each team must submit a list of up to six players to hold at any position.
    2. Each team must hold a minimum of three players from their existing rosters.
    3. After all teams have submitted their lists, all teams that have not held six players may select players from other team’s rosters, until they also have a total of six players on their roster.
    4. A "supplemental draft" will then take place for the teams that held less than six players.
    5. The teams only holding the minimum three players will select in the first round, those holding four will select in the second round, and those holding five will select in the third round.
    6. Any one team can take only one player from any individual team, and no team will have to give up more than two players total from their roster in this phase of holds.
    7. Teams can re-add players from their own roster when it is their turn during the supplemental draft, but any player not held may be selected by any team once he is labeled as “not held.”
    8. The draft order for this phase will be worst to first from last year’s standings.

PHASE 2: SECOND ROUND OF HOLDS AND STEALS
    1. Once phase one is complete, players will then be able to hold up to 6 more players from what remains of their roster.
    2. A second "supplemental draft" will then take place after phase two of holding.
    3. Each team must hold a minimum of two players from their remaining rosters in this phase.
    4. After all teams have submitted their lists, all teams that have not held six players may select players from other team’s rosters until they also have a total of twelve players on their roster.
    5. A "supplemental draft" will then take place for the teams that have less than six players. The draft order for this phase will also be worst to first from last year’s standings.
    6. The teams only holding the minimum two players will select in the first round, those holding three players will select in the second round, those holding four will select in the third round, and those holding five will select in the fourth round.
    7. Teams can re-add players from their own roster when it is their turn during the supplemental draft, but any player not held may be selected by any team once he is labeled as “not held.”
    8. Any one team can take as many players as they like from any given team at this point.

PHASE 3: THE DRAFT
    1. Upon the completion of phases one and two, all teams will have a total of twelve players on their rosters, and all non-held players will be dumped back into the draft pool.
    2. The third phase of roster loading will consist of the draft. The draft will consist of sixteen rounds, and once everyone is done drafting we’ll all have our rosters set.
    3. The draft order shall be from worst to first according to last year’s results, and will “snake.” The trading of draft slots will be permitted (the website will manage the trading of picks).
    4. Trades involving draft picks and/or players will be permitted at the end of phase two and up to the start of the annual draft.

LEAGUE INFO:
    League E-mail Address: [email protected]
    Teams: 12
    Divisions: 4
    League Entry Fee: $55 (payable through leaguesafe.com)
    Draft Format: Live

Draft
    Draft Order Type: Snake
    Draft Date/Time: TBA
    Draft Rounds: 16 Rounds, with 90 seconds between picks.
    Draft robot: enabled - picks are made automatically for teams that let the clock expire.
    Roster Limits
    Active Players: 17
    Reserve Players: 11
    Injured Players: 0-3
    Minors Players: 0
    Total Players: 28-31
    Positions
    Active C: 1
    Active 1B: 1
    Active 2B: 1
    Active 3B: 1
    Active SS: 1
    Active OF: 3
    Active DH: 1
    Active P: 8
    Note: Injured players do not count against positional roster limits.

Scoring Settings:
    Scoring System: Head-to-Head, Individual Categories System.
    Matchup Tiebreakers: Ties go to the home team (during the regular season).
    Scoring per Period: Scoring based on total stats each period.
    Scoring System: Head-to-Head 6x6
    Batting Categories (7): BA - Batting Average, DT - Doubles Plus Triples, HR - Home Runs, R – Runs, RBI - Runs Batted In, SB - Stolen Bases, BB-KO – Walks minus Strikeouts (batter)
    Pitching Categories (6): ERA - Earned Run Average, K - Strikeouts (Pitcher), S – Saves, W – Wins, WHIP - Walks+Hits/Inning, HD -Holds

Player Policies
    Player Eligibility: Players are eligible at their primary position, plus positions they've played 5 games last year or 5 games this year.
    DH Eligibility: Everyone is eligible at DH.
    Player Pool: AL and NL Players.

Transaction Settings
    Lineup Deadline: Lineups may be set daily up to 5 minutes before game time.
    Lineup Policy: Owners may set lineups and change players' positions from a list of their eligible positions.
    Add/Drop Policy: Add/drops are handled by a waivers process. THIS MAY CHANGE TO A FAAB BIDDING SYSTEM THIS YEAR.
    Waivers Run: The waivers process runs on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
    Waiver Reset: The waiver or FAAB order resets after each weeks' games.
    Waiver Period: Dropped players remain on waivers for at least 2 day(s).
    Trade Policy: Trades must be approved by the commissioner.
    Trade Deadline: No trades can be made after the trade deadline.
    Offseason Trade: Owners may not make trades during the offseason.

Schedule Format
    Period Length: Weekly scoring periods
    Periods start on: Mondays
    Playoffs Start: Period 23
    Playoffs Last: 3 Periods.
    4 division champs and 2 wildcards make the playoffs, with the top 2 seeds getting a bye.
    Payouts:
    Champion: $200
    2nd Place: $100
    3rd Place: $50
    Best Overall Pitching: $50
    Best Overall Offense: $50
    League MVP (best record): $50

AVAILABLE TEAM’S ROSTERS:

TEAM ONE
    C Tucker Barnhart (KC)
    1B Yonder Alonso (CWS)
    2B Jose Ramirez (CLE), Starlin Castro (MIA), Ozzie Albies (ATL)
    3B Justin Turner (LAD)
    SS Jean Segura (PHI)
    OF Carlos Gonzalez (COL), George Springer (HOU), Teoscar Hernandez (TOR), Albert Almora (CHC), Mookie Betts (BOS)
    DH Lorenzo Cain (MIL), Brian Anderson (MIA), MitchMoreland (BOS)
    P Kyle Barraclough (WAS), Brad Ziegler (MIA), Jake Junis (KC), Tyler Clippard (TOR), Seung-Hwan Oh (COL), Zack Godley (ARI), Shane Greene (DET), Yusmeiro Petit (OAK), Steven Matz (NYM), Gio Gonzalez (MIL), Carlos Martinez (STL), Ross Stripling (LAD), Blake Treinen (OAK)

TEAM TWO
    C Salvador Perez (KC), Yasmani Grandal (MIL)
    1B Anthony Rizzo (CHC), J Bour (LAA)
    2B Daniel Murphy (COL), Cesar Hernandez (PHI)
    SS Nolan Arenado (COL), Kyle Seager (SEA)
    3B Francisco Lindor (CLE), Zack Cozart (LAA)
    OF Khris Davis (OAK), Matt Kemp (CIN), Brett Gardner (NYY), Billy Hamilton (KC), Manuel Margot (SD), Daniel Span (SEA), Max Kepler (MIN)
    DH Matt Adams (WAS), Domingo Santana (SEA), Justin Smoak (TOR)
    P Felix Hernandez (SEA), Craig Kimbrel (BOS), Madison Bumgarner (SF), Tyler Skaggs (LAA), Chase Anderson (MIL), Garrett Richards (SD), Mike Clevinger (CLE), C.C. Sabathia (NYY), Ervin Santana (MIN), Andrew Triggs (OAK), Drew Pomeranz (SF)

Seems like a lot of effort for a 12 team mixed, have you considered expanding to 15 teams where the complex drafts (which sound fun btw) would be more interesting?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Seems like a lot of effort for a 12 team mixed, have you considered expanding to 15 teams where the complex drafts (which sound fun btw) would be more interesting?
      How would 15 work for head to head? Someone would always have a bye.

Comment

Originally posted by nsblcommish View Post
        How would 15 work for head to head? Someone would always have a bye.
        Ahhh, I should have read better.

This is baseball not football, you should go roto.

Comment

Ahhh, I should have read better.

This is baseball not football, you should go roto.
          I have done roto. Can’t say I enjoyed it.

Comment

Hmmm, well we're rotojunkies, so you may have come to the wrong place

There's a few here that play H2H, but roto is really the way to go.

Comment

Hmmm, well we're rotojunkies, so you may have come to the wrong place

There's a few here that play H2H, but roto is really the way to go.
              There are oddballs here, like me, who play h2h points, so you may get some folks interested nsblcommish!

Comment

That's a shame. The league format sounds fascinating and more than a bit crazy. But to me H2H baseball is just trying to make it more like fantasy football, which is so much weaker than roto. But, like Ken, I do love the format idea, just for the zanniness. I wish your league the best of success.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                  I wish your league the best of success.
                  Same! Really hope you fill the league.

Comment

Working...
                  X