• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miggy needs just 10 hits for 3,000

Comment

• 3000 for Miggy !
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Tarik Skubal looking good.
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Akil Baddoody demoted to AAA

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            Akil Baddoody demoted to AAA
            He been terrible bad both hitting and fielding. Hill takes over until Greene comes back.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              Tarik Skubal looking good.
              Skubal is a guy I want to focus on because I completely whiffed. I saw the > 5 xERA, >4 xFIP and he just looked like another hard thrower without command. Consistently 8-10% BB in the upper levels and mlb. I'm a proponent of "you are who you are", and Skubal was that guy.

Now, suddenly he's walking only 4% and he looks like an ace.

For those of you who drafted him, how did you see this coming?

Comment

• I have watched him all season last year and this one (Tiger fan) and I didn't see this type of improvement. I thought if he could just average 1 HR per innings that would be a huge improvement. The BB were predictable as they went from 3.9 1st half to 1.3 2nd half but he still average 2.4 HR/9. So far he as good as any elite pitchers out there. In my league there was no chance of getting him as he was kept but I'm sure the owner did not see this improvement.

Comment

• Traded for Skoobs last year in a dump move, he was one of my untouchables in trade talks over the winter along with McClanahan. (turned down a preseason offer of Cole for the two of them). It's been fun to watch this young man mature, and in a hurry.
                  One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

• Casey Mize TJ surgery, see ya in '24

Comment

• Originally posted by cool hand View Post
                      Traded for Skoobs last year in a dump move, he was one of my untouchables in trade talks over the winter along with McClanahan. (turned down a preseason offer of Cole for the two of them). It's been fun to watch this young man mature, and in a hurry.
                      Nice work.

What did you see in Skubal that showed you this was coming?

Comment

• Elvin Rodriguez ERA is now 11.07.Yikes.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                          Elvin Rodriguez ERA is now 11.07.Yikes.
                          *Eleven Rodriguez
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                            Elvin Rodriguez ERA is now 11.07.Yikes.
                            List of Elvins, best to worst:
                            1- Elvin Hayes
                            2- Elvin Bishop
                            3- Elvin from “The Cosby Show”
                            4- Elvin Rodriguez

Comment

• Despite Elvin Rodriguez, the Tigers' pitching overall has been pretty decent. The problem has been the offense. They have the worst OPS in MLB, .597 (just slightly worse than the A's .598).

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                                Despite Elvin Rodriguez, the Tigers' pitching overall has been pretty decent. The problem has been the offense. They have the worst OPS in MLB, .597 (just slightly worse than the A's .598).
                                Their offense has been putrid. The entire OF Meadows, Grossman. W Castro, Hill, Baddoo, Cameron and a couple of others has produced something like 3 or 4 HR total. Their infield of Tork, Baez, Schoop and Candy has Tork with highest OPS of .607 and the rest under. Hittin Castro has the highest OPS on the team at .760 and a 39 yr old hitter has been the best hitter. I would say they are worst hitting team in both leagues. If it wasn't for Skubal, Faedo and the bullpen being one of the best this team would be rivaling the 03 Tigers.

Comment

Working...
                                X