No announcement yet.

2K22 Offseason Transactions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brewers acquire utility man Mike Brosseau from the Rays for RHP Evan Reifert.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Eduardo Rodriguez signs a 5 year, $77m deal with the Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        Might have some additional value as a mentor of sorts for Skubal.
        Last edited by harmon; 11-15-2021, 02:22 PM.

Comment

He's got an opt out after 2 years, which is pretty smart. He'll only be 30 (or 31) at that point and can sign another long term deal with a more stable labor situation.

Getting out of the East and getting to face Cleveland and KC a bunch doesn't hurt either...
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            He's got an opt out after 2 years, which is pretty smart. He'll only be 30 (or 31) at that point and can sign another long term deal with a more stable labor situation.

Getting out of the East and getting to face Cleveland and KC a bunch doesn't hurt either...
            As a Tiger fan have mix feelings on the signing but he'll play in a pitcher park and more favorable matchups. I usually have not like Avila signings. Still need a SS.

Comment

Syndergaard to the Angels for 1 yr, $21m

Comment

Angels love to sign SP on 1 year deals, and it has not worked in the past. The last time the Angels signed a SP to a multi year deal was Joe Blanton, and he went 2-13 with a 6.04 era in his first and only season. They have bad pitching because the front office makes bad pitching choices. The Syndergaard deal is another one.

Comment

You left out the three most important words: "Pending a physical".
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
                    Angels love to sign SP on 1 year deals, and it has not worked in the past. The last time the Angels signed a SP to a multi year deal was Joe Blanton, and he went 2-13 with a 6.04 era in his first and only season. They have bad pitching because the front office makes bad pitching choices. The Syndergaard deal is another one.
                    Yeah, its just a lotta money for his track record. I like 1 year 'prove it' deals, since the 2 the Jays signed last winter worked out so incredibly well (Semien 1 yr, $18 Mil, Ray 1 yr, $8 Mil).

I guess it's not so bad for a rich club to soak $21m into an unknown commodity. Gotta go all in through Trout and Ohtani's prime years.
                    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

And Thor passed his physical, so the Mets save $18.4 MM and get a draft pick.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        And Thor passed his physical, so the Mets save $18.4 MM and get a draft pick.
                        I wonder what it was like for him being assessed by a real doctor ...
                        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Former top prospect Brent Honeywell traded to Oakland

Comment

Pirates sign SP Jose Quintana for 1 year/$2 million.

Brewers sign C Pedro Severino for 1 year/$1.9 million.
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Giants sign P Anthony DeSclafani to a 3/$36M deal and DFA Alex Dickerson.
                              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Dodgers trade AAAA guys Billy McKinney and Alex Reks to Rangers for cash considerations.
                                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Working...
                                X