No announcement yet.

Covid Vaccine thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• america doesn't care about the world. all we really care about is ourselves and selfish way of life. sure we like to show our strength militarily, but when it comes to vaccines, we hoard them, when it comes to treatments, we block them unless it benefits us. we are just a bunch of entitled pricks telling everyone else what to do. it's fun to be in control. it makes us feel secure that we know what we are doing, even though we have no idea what we are doing and are totally out of our minds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      What does the literature say
      if you took your head out of your ass, maybe you'd be able to make up your own mind.

Comment

• looks like http://yrsprts.stream/ has died.

https://sportsurge.net/#/groups/0 is back up.

ATDHE has been around for over 10 years.

always use anti-virus for malware.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
          if you took your head out of your ass, maybe you'd be able to make up your own mind.
          *editing my previous message here.

Not worth it, suffice to say I'm going to keep trusting the science

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
            ppl died or were injured when they didn't need to because of poor training and poor guidance and bad luck. this is what happens.

or you know, provide a different reason for myopericarditis shortly after vaccination. you can't. all you can say is well the CDC said this, so they have to be right. science doesn't work that way. and it works even worse when scientific debate is suppressed in public forums. even worse when they put the president at risk, a very small risk.

i've been there, Tufts, the brightest ppl in the world, and everyone makes mistakes. no-one is infallible.
            I understand what you're saying. I'm really pissed off about my gall bladder removal, 15 years ago, that has caused me pain, and will continue to cause me pain until I die. I could have taken on a strict diet to shrink and break down/eliminate the stones, but doctors recommended removal, now I'm stuck with it. If I had researched the issue more thoroughly I would have had a better understanding of how to avoid surgery. So I get your belief in the fallibility of humans, even doctors.

But the aspiration issue seems weird to me. How could over 1 billion vaccines be administered without a hugely obvious tell from the delivery method?

How about this theory: 10% of Covid cases develop myocarditis, is the number I've heard, while a fraction of 1% of vaccinated folks develop it. Could it be that the vaccinated people testing positive for myocarditis developed it from Covid before getting their vaccine? Do you trust that in the midst of overrun hospitals, there's an accurate count of which myocarditis cases had Covid antibodies before they got vaccinated? That seems ludicrous to me. I am vaccinated and I have no clue if I've had Covid or not. But I can tell you that if I develop myocarditis, I'm blaming it on the virus that's dealing out this disease at a 10% clip, not the vaccine or how it was administered. Just my personal theory.

The reason that public forums like YouTube and Facebook are attempting to limit or ban "scientific debate" is because every person that uses an alternative to the vaccine is using it instead of the vaccine, and this is leading to overrun hospitals, which kills people with canceled surgeries and undiagnosed problems, not to mention the 700k Covid deaths, still going up. Whether these alternative drugs are effective or safe, or not, it doesn't matter. The promotion of them is extending the timeline of the pandemic, and crippling the health care systems in states with lower vaccination rates.

On a personal note, I dont group you with anti-vaxxers, you're in the vaccine-hesitant camp, and I appreciate your willingness to be convinced. Thank you for sharing unpopular opinions.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
              Nully, thanks for speaking your piece.

You do realize that the chances of developing myocardial from having Covid is exponentially higher than the risk from the vaccine, right? I heard it's roughly 10% of Covid patients develop myocarditis, while it's a tiny fraction of 1% getting it from the vaccines.
              You are correct (at least on the last portion), there was a source saying it was 0.1% but it turns out their data was wrong (they underestimated vaccinations by 25x). So closer to 0.004%

Comment

You are correct (at least on the last portion), there was a source saying it was 0.1% but it turns out their data was wrong (they underestimated vaccinations by 25x). So closer to 0.004%

https://www.businessinsider.com/stud...pulled-2021-10
                Thanks, Ken. In the flood of information, I have seen this exact article reported on, and I've seen stories about anti-vaxxers continuing to spread the erroneous study as fact. It's working, as I've also heard other vaccine hesitant people cite the concern about myocarditis as their biggest obstacle to getting vaccinated. Ironic that unvaccinated are 2500x more likely to develop myocarditis from the disease than the vaccine which they're so concerned about.

For the unvaccinated, they will either get the disease and live with no complications, or get the disease and die from it, or develop long-term afflictions like myocarditis. What about the alternative option, never contract Covid? With the lack of herd immunity in the dumb-dumb states, it's highly unlikely that unvaccinated people will avoid ever contracting Covid. The viral load of the delta variant spreads 500x as much virus as the original strain. You WILL get Covid if not vaxed.
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                  Thanks, Ken. In the flood of information, I have seen this exact article reported on, and I've seen stories about anti-vaxxers continuing to spread the erroneous study as fact. It's working, as I've also heard other vaccine hesitant people cite the concern about myocarditis as their biggest obstacle to getting vaccinated. Ironic that unvaccinated are 2500x more likely to develop myocarditis from the disease than the vaccine which they're so concerned about.

For the unvaccinated, they will either get the disease and live with no complications, or get the disease and die from it, or develop long-term afflictions like myocarditis. What about the alternative option, never contract Covid? With the lack of herd immunity in the dumb-dumb states, it's highly unlikely that unvaccinated people will avoid ever contracting Covid. The viral load of the delta variant spreads 500x as much virus as the original strain. You WILL get Covid if not vaxed.
                  I think this last point is an important one to get out there. When you talk about relative risk of vaccination vs infection, I'm confident the vast majority of vaccine hesitant people severely overestimate their ability to avoid every catching the virus. They think they can be careful and wait it out until herd immunity kicks in (nevermind the selfishness of that plan). I don't think most of them fully appreciate how hard it would be to never get COVID. Just as many people overestimate their ability to drive or their looks, many seem to overestimate the ability to dodge billions of little viruses floating around. It's like they think they can run to their car while its raining and not get wet. But a lot of these stats are unpersuasive to someone who does not compare the risk of infection vs vaccination, but the risk of vaccination vs never being infected. In that comparison, the risk is not 10% vs .004%, or something like that. It is a binary--risk vs no risk.

Comment

• Throwing away a D-I coaching career to own the libs:

Washington State football coach Nick Rolovich has been fired for cause after refusing to take the COVID-19 vaccine and being noncompliant with both state and university policies, the university announced Monday evening. Rolovich sought, and appears to have been denied, a religious exemption from those mandates, which required employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 by Oct. 18 if they wished to continue working.

Four Washington State assistant coaches have also been terminated: Ricky Logo (defensive tackles), John Richardson (assistant head coach, cornerbacks), Craig Stutzmann (co-offensive coordinator, quarterbacks) and Mark Weber (offensive line).

Comment

• The power of misinformation: a Gallup poll in September shows Republicans lagging every major subgroup of Americans in being vaccinated.

Non-Whites now exceed Whites as a % of their group to be vaccinated.

Code:
                      COVID-19 Vaccination Status Among U.S. Demographic Groups in September 2021
                      Fully or partially vaccinated	Vaccinated^ or plan to be	Don't plan to be vaccinated
                      %
                      %
                      %
                      U.S. adults	75	80	20
                      Women	77	82	18
                      35 to 54	68	74	26
                      55 and older	77	83	17
                      Race/Ethnicity	
                      Non-Hispanic white adults	73	78	22
                      Non-white adults	78	85	15
                      Region	
                      North	79	86	14
                      Midwest	73	78	22
                      South	73	78	22
                      West	76	81	19
                      Party ID	
                      Democrats	92	97	3
                      Independents	68	74	26
                      Republicans	56	60	40
                      ^Fully or partially
                      GALLUP PANEL, SEPT. 13-19, 2021
                      The percentage of U.S. adults who report they are fully or partially vaccinated increased six points over the last month to 75%, including the largest increase in Republicans' vaccination since April.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        The power of misinformation: a Gallup poll in September shows Republicans lagging every major subgroup of Americans in being vaccinated.

Non-Whites now exceed Whites as a % of their group to be vaccinated.
                        Also young adults and women are leading the way.
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• COVID Human Genetic Effort https://www.covidhge.com/getinvolved
                          Share samples (whole blood, fresh or frozen, or genomic DNA) from patients (and their relatives) that fit within the recruitment criteria below to any of the Sequencing Hubs.

Recruitment criteria:
                          Children or adults of all ages exposed to or infected with SARS-CoV-2, falling in any of the three following categories:

(i) Subjects with critical COVID-19 pneumonia, MIS-C, Long COVID, COVID Toes, Guillain-Barré, or encephalitis.

(ii) Subjects repeatedly exposed to SARS-CoV-2, yet not infected.

(iii) Subjects who remained asymptomatic despite documented SARS-CoV-2 infection.

Comment

https://www.businessinsider.com/stud...pulled-2021-10
                            if the vaccine is a little cytotoxic, and it wouldn't be the first vaccine that was, but still worked anyways. that's what's happening in ppl that have vaccine induced myocarditis or thrombosis, their immune system is attacking the vaccine. still rare. i would surmise that everyone's immune system is attacking it. some more severe than others, one of the factors maybe the stronger the immune system the stronger response along with other factors. which might be why it affects younger ppl more, but still a rare response. if this is true then in theory the more times you are vaccinated, than potentially the risk of myocarditis or thrombosis would increase as your body will build up more B-cell memory to the vaccine because it see's it as a foreign invader instead of a genetic agent. do it enough times and the risk increases unless there is a saturation point. one way to alleviate would be to prevent excess vaccine nano lipids from entering the bloodstream, and if more possible, have it do it's thing in the muscle. - so it's something to be aware of, but might not be true. like ADE, it's a question that will eventually answer itself over time, as in the former antibodies wane, or the latter more booster shots are used. but so far, things look ok.

if any of those things happen there is a way out. this could be wrong but some ppl claim the vaccines don't have much B-cell memory. this is good and bad. this likely prevents ADE. and your body won't build up an intolerance to the vaccine. still, if they could find a anti-viral pill treatment, the left thinks the antidepressant drug fluvoxamine is potentially one. so it would be nice to see us champion a treatment or find one which would eliminate both risks.

i don't know if i read that the two former FDA commissioners are now working or on the board of directors of Pfizer and such. and Fauci partially owns patents on the Moderna, this is a conflict of interest. it's bribery when you know you are going to work for the companies you are regulating. but they justify it because they see it as performing a civic duty. in contrast, it's not a lot different from when republicans work for the fossil fuel industry after leaving office and public institutions.

Comment

• Nurse explains why she won’t get COVID-19 vaccine https://www.mailtribune.com/top-stor...id-19-vaccine/

this is probably the best explanation i've seen. for what it's worth.

Comment

• there's a reason why Pfizer and Moderna have different doses. the original problem with gene therapy in the 90's was delivery. the first patient died and Clinton issued a moratorium. as i understand it one of the ways to solve it was by lowering the dose which lowered the cytotoxicity. but if you have to keep lowering the doses for safety reasons it becomes a problem because it defeats the purpose of getting vaccinated. so you have to balance each scenario.

in an evil scenario, if the virus becomes endemic and more virulent but less severe eventually, you could still pump the vaccine angle by lowering the dose even though they are no longer needed, and laugh all the way to the bank. but that's paranoid. i wonder if it will become like a wild west. where we just opened up the pandora's box to all kinds of weird future scenarios. we've witnessed the power of groupthink on both sides. we've witnessed the power of consolidating and controlling information. we've witnessed the power of so-called big pharma. but we've also witnessed it's benefits and the potential power of emerging technologies. it's the wild west of the future. i wonder if it will still take 10 years to approve a vaccine or drug now that our tolerance for risk is increased.

Comment

Working...
                                X