No announcement yet.

2k24: St. Louis Cardinals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wanted to say that it's Lars Nootbaar time. I hope he does well so i can keep saying that name.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• His whole family will be at the game:

Loot Narsbaar
      Baar Lootnars
      Nars Bootlaar
      Noot Baarlars
      Boot Larsnaar

Comment

• Major meltdown tonite by the Cards. Leading 6-1 going into the 9th, they give up 6 runs and lose 7-6 to the Cubs. Tied in the standings w the Cubs now. Are they sellers?
        Last edited by rhd; 07-21-2021, 04:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          His whole family will be at the game:

Loot Narsbaar
          Baar Lootnars
          Nars Bootlaar
          Noot Baarlars
          Boot Larsnaar
          Trivia question: which one of these is a product that cannot currently be purchased at Target stores in Minnesota?

Possible answers:
          A) The Lars Nootbaar.
          B) Looted Marsbars.
          C) Bootleg Narsbaars.
          D) Alternate answers? I can’t wait to hear from the pen’s inveterate punsters on these.
          Last edited by Sharky; 07-21-2021, 08:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
            Major meltdown tonite by the Cards. Leading 6-1 going into the 9th, they give up 6 runs and lose 7-6 to the Cubs. Tied in the standings w the Cubs now. Are they sellers?
            Dunno that they have much to sell, unless they really tear it down and deal Goldy and Arenado. Edman and DeJong are having terrible years. I'm not sure if Waino or Yadi would accept a trade; maybe Waino would accept a deal to Atlanta since he lives in Georgia. Gant's base numbers look kinda OK, but his deeper peripherals are awful. Carpenter is toast.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Harrison Bader is having a breakout season: .301/.368/.548 with 9 HRs and 6 SBs in 146 ABs. With GG level defense in CF.

Comment

• If you're looking for a cheap streaming opportunity, JA Happ gets the Royals later this week and then the Pirates twice.

Comment

• Adam Wainwright is having a resurgent season. Brilliant outing today w 8.0 IP, 0 R, 2 H, 0 BB, 9 K and a W. His ERA now is 3.10, his WHIP is 1.051 and he has 12 W. Oh yeah, he'll be 40 y/o in a week!

Comment

Adam Wainwright is having a resurgent season. Brilliant outing today w 8.0 IP, 0 R, 2 H, 0 BB, 9 K and a W. His ERA now is 3.10, his WHIP is 1.051 and he has 12 W. Oh yeah, he'll be 40 y/o in a week!
                    He not going to win the Cy Young award but he has been a top 10 pitchers. I shooting myself for not trading for him when he was available.

Comment

Adam Wainwright is having a resurgent season. Brilliant outing today w 8.0 IP, 0 R, 2 H, 0 BB, 9 K and a W. His ERA now is 3.10, his WHIP is 1.051 and he has 12 W. Oh yeah, he'll be 40 y/o in a week!
                      The Pirates have certainly done their part. Wainwright has two shutouts (8 & 9 ip) against them this month. And he will face them again next weekend.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                        He not going to win the Cy Young award but he has been a top 10 pitchers. I shooting myself for not trading for him when he was available.
                        I got him for a buck in the endgame 2020. I have to play him out or give him a $5 raise keeping him at $6 for two years. As of today I will play him out a take the profit.

I am more than thrilled on what he has done for me this year.

Comment

• And Flaherty back to the DL with shoulder issues.

And the Yadi going away tour will now be officially in 2022.
                          Last edited by chancellor; 08-25-2021, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            And Flaherty back to the DL with shoulder issues.

And the Yadi going away tour will now be officially in 2022.
                            Sorry to see Flaherty go down. I suspect he might not pitch again this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                              Sorry to see Flaherty go down. I suspect he might not pitch again this year.
                              Highly unlikely.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                                Highly unlikely.
                                I only say that because there is only 6 weeks left. It sounds like there is a possibility that the Cards may shut him depending on how long the recovery period is and if they still have a shot at the wildcard.

Comment

Working...
                                X