2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    I'd take him in SD on a 2 year contract--He'd be a perfect #4-5.
    That is the rumor. Exciting times to be a SD fan!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      That is the rumor. Exciting times to be a SD fan!
      Makes this lockdown that much more bearable.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I'd take him in SD on a 2 year contract--He'd be a perfect #4-5.
        I guess. A rotation of Darvish/Snell/Lamet/Paddack/Tanaka would be beastly. Morejon can go to AAA as a SP and be first on the plane if someone goes down. Clevinger back next year. Wowza.

It's different than I thought - I really thought if Kluber looked at all good that they'd give him a 1-year deal to bridge to Clevinger.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• I don't know if locking up Tanaka for more than a year makes sense with clevinger back next year and Gore maybe ready this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            I don't know if locking up Tanaka for more than a year makes sense with clevinger back next year and Gore maybe ready this year.
            Lamet's arm may be an issue and Paddack needs to show he's not Mat Latos part 2.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Lamet's arm may be an issue and Paddack needs to show he's not Mat Latos part 2.
              I got Lamet, and beyond that would be bummed if he came back for such a short time after TJ, showed such promised, and went down again with another TJ, which would likely be a career ender.

Comment

I got Lamet, and beyond that would be bummed if he came back for such a short time after TJ, showed such promised, and went down again with another TJ, which would likely be a career ender.
                You and me both, I have him in a couple of leagues.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Lamet is done for... there's no way he breaks down after a 60 game season... rests... comes back to throw fully healthy through a 162 game season with expected playoffs.

It seems like sliders are harder on arms than other pitches, and he's tossing 53.4% sliders, up from 43.9% in '19, and 39.4% in '17... I don't think he can survive throwing a full successful and healthy season. He doesn't have another breaking ball, almost entirely fastball with a few sinkers, and abandoned his changeup. So he has no choice but to break himself.
                  Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

In a 20-team forever dynasty would you keep Paddack over Dylan Carlson? That's the decision I'm facing this Saturday. (expansion draft in my sim league and yes my other 9 keepers are better IMO...Contreras, Olson, K Marte, T Turner, Arenado, Ozuna, N Cruz, Woodruff, Scherzer)
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      In a 20-team forever dynasty would you keep Paddack over Dylan Carlson? That's the decision I'm facing this Saturday. (expansion draft in my sim league and yes my other 9 keepers are better IMO...Contreras, Olson, K Marte, T Turner, Arenado, Ozuna, N Cruz, Woodruff, Scherzer)
                      I'd keep Dylan Carlson - he has the hit tool to be really, really good and possibly even great. Paddack, IMO, wasn't as good as his numbers said in 2019, though not as bad as 2020. I think he'll normalize out at the high 3's/low 4's ERA, good WHIP, 1k/IP type, which is good but not as good as Carlson can deliver for you on the hitting side.

BTW - That's an incredible keeper list for a 20-team league!

Comment

• Hey GITH - rumor has it the Pads are also looking at Martin Perez. Run away! Run away!!

Comment

Carlson. Even if they fix Paddack, I can see him being dealt for an offensive upgrade next year with pham hitting FA.

If you look at the Padres rotation they have both Darvish and Snell through 23, Clevinger through 22, Gore for a while. That's four in stone starters for 22 & 3 for 23.

With Lamet, Luchessi, Morejon, Espinosa, Lawson, Weathers and Paddack in the wings. Not to mention the chance of an off the radar minor leaguer. AND the real possibility of the addition of a Tanaka/Kluber type and a guy like Paddack could headline a package that brings a top flight corner OF in return OR something to replenish the system

So, yeah Carlson over the sheriff.
                          Paddack in the wings (plus

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            Hey GITH - rumor has it the Pads are also looking at Martin Perez. Run away! Run away!!
                            If they have a heartbeat, they're connected to the Padres

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

To me, it depends on the format of the league. My points dynast league give much more weight to pitching, so Paddack would be the choice. He might be the choice anyway, I don't kill a young guy for a down year.
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                                Hey GITH - rumor has it the Pads are also looking at Martin Perez. Run away! Run away!!
                                Didn't Preller personally sign Perez when he was with the Rangers?

Comment

Working...
                                X