Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Belichick has turned down receiving the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Bill Belichick has turned down receiving the Presidential Medal of Freedom.
      Good PR move.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        Bill Belichick has turned down receiving the Presidential Medal of Freedom.
        Statement from Bill Belichick:

"Recently, I was offered the opportunity to receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom, which I was flattered by out of respect for what the honor represents and admiration for prior recipients."

"Subsequently, the tragic events of last week occurred and the decision has been made not to move forward with the award."

"Above all, I am an American citizen with great reverence for our nation's values, freedom and democracy."

"I know I also represent my family and the New England Patriots team. One of the most rewarding things in my professional career took place in 2020 when, through the great leadership within our team, conversations about social justice, equality and human rights moved to the forefront and became actions."

"Continuing those efforts while remaining true to the people, team and country I love outweigh the benefits of any individual award."
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• What would be great is if Biden offers it to him and he accepts.

Comment

• Double Down Donnie refusing to even acknowledge that what he did was in any way inciteful or wrong.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
              Double Down Donnie refusing to even acknowledge that what he did was in any way inciteful or wrong.
              He has never admitted he has been wrong about anything, why would he start now? He is on the record as saying he has never repented for anything, yet Evangelicals continue to count him as one of their own, despite him opposing the fundamental article of their faith.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                He has never admitted he has been wrong about anything, why would he start now? He is on the record as saying he has never repented for anything, yet Evangelicals continue to count him as one of their own, despite him opposing the fundamental article of their faith.
                Which one, the "love the Lord your God with all your heart"? or the "love your neighbor as yourself"?
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                  Double Down Donnie refusing to even acknowledge that what he did was in any way inciteful or wrong.
                  Most people are taught at a young age to be the bigger person and admit when they are wrong. Trump was taught that only weak people admit when they are wrong.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                    Which one, the "love the Lord your God with all your heart"? or the "love your neighbor as yourself"?
                    Both of those, plus the idea that one is flawed and in need of repentance and salvation.

Comment

• More and more Republicans are joining the impeachment train.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        Both of those, plus the idea that one is flawed and in need of repentance and salvation.
                        Yeah, I hear you. I fall short of those commandments all the time, yet I still believe in them. I'm grateful God has no desire to count up my/our faults.
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Trump's ugly stain on America:

The stakes surrounding Wednesday's vote and what will be a prolonged struggle during the Biden administration to bolster US political institutions can be seen in remarks coming out of authoritarian Russia -- the American adversary that interfered in the 2016 election in a bid to help Trump.
                          "Following the events that unfolded after the presidential elections, it is meaningless to refer to America as the example of democracy," said Vyacheslav Volodin, the speaker of the lower house of the Russian Parliament and a supporter of President Vladimir Putin. "We are on the verge of reevaluating the standards that are being promoted by the United States of America, that is exporting its vision of democracy and political systems around the world. Those in our country who love to cite their example as leading will also have to reconsider their views."

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                            Yeah, I hear you. I fall short of those commandments all the time, yet I still believe in them. I'm grateful God has no desire to count up my/our faults.
                            I think acknowledging that you fall short of them is the proof of your belief.
                            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• I have a theory about living in denial. ppl that have a lot of backup (family, older brothers, money) can afford to be dishonest with themselves because there might be less consequences. if they have questions they don't have to look too far to be given an answer. as a result they might not have to challenge themselves. but ppl that are a single child, with perhaps a small family and an overworked single mother can't afford to be dishonest to themselves. they can't afford to double down or be stubborn and not learn from our mistakes because there is no-one there to cover for them.

also, OT, in a way we are all living in denial with something greater and more harmful than anything else. climate change. assuming an individual believes it's true. even if you think it's real but fail to act or given up, it still qualifies as denial. for example, I think it's true, but I've pretty much given up on changing. I was one of the first ppl to buy a 2002 hybrid. I hated that car. Honda really isn't as good as Toyota.

it almost even seems as a society we've given up recycling because we don't know how to do it or do it wrong. and when you try to think of all the factors, it seems impossible. you could use circular logic and say it will lead to destruction and wars and democracies to fail, and as an enabler I am still guilty of denial even though I don't deny it.

yet I am wishy-washy and waffled when comparing these contrasting statements, Dante -The hottest places in Hell are reserved for those who, in a period of moral crisis, maintain their neutrality. vs the poem by Stephen Crane and the moral dilemma of Ranging all men of the world in rows. (where potentially both choices still lead to demise)

therefore everyone, to some degree, lives in denial. from an anthropological view survival might even depend on denial. the thing that allows our species to thrive, also reaches a crossroad.

Comment

Working...
                              X