No announcement yet.

Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nice interview in the atlantic with Obama about his new book. I especially liked it when he mentioned his assistant Reggie Love. some of the funniest stories during the Obama years was when shit would happen he'd be like to Reggie wtf. like the time they lost his wallet. or he'd be schmoozing for hours and hungry and the food they got him was fucked up. average day shit that happens to everyone. but he gave Reggie some major props when he said in the interview, Michelle says the best stuff because she has great stuff. Reggie says the best stuff but he doesn't know it.

also, I had a revelation. I think one of Trumps biggest personal flaw was gaslighting when things were obviously bad. there are times when you can play games maybe and times when you can't. there are times for fun and times to be serious. the worst time to take advantage of people are when things are bad. and that is what DJT did.

Comment

• “The John Waynes, the Gary Coopers, the Jimmy Stewarts, the Clint Eastwoods, for that matter. There was a code,” Obama explained. “The code of masculinity that I grew up with that harkens back to the ’30s and ’40s and before that — there’s a notion that a man is true to his word, that he takes responsibility, that he doesn’t complain, that he isn’t a bully; in fact he defends the vulnerable against bullies.”
      the very slight problem with this argument is that every now and then, a giant might go astray. astronauts that suddenly say, in their old age, they say aliens- because they are old and alone and lonely, heh. or famous, and miss the attention. even Generals, suddenly just go off the reservation for whatever reason.

what is the code of masculinity in the ’30s and ’40s? .. are we like talking Wild and West and stuff?

I never even really realized Obama grew up in Kansas

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
        also, I had a revelation. I think one of Trumps biggest personal flaw was gaslighting when things were obviously bad. there are times when you can play games maybe and times when you can't. there are times for fun and times to be serious. the worst time to take advantage of people are when things are bad. and that is what DJT did.
        if he had taken it even remotely seriously, he probably would have walked all over Biden. And his excuse that he "didn't want to panic the public" doesn't hold water, as he purposely tried to panic the public about a "marauding" caravan of illegal immigrants. The stark reality is he played politics with the virus and simply just didn't want to be bothered with doing actual work. He loved being president, but he didn't love doing the work needed to be president.

Comment

• When the truth hurts, just make shit up:

Georgia’s Republican secretary of state said Tuesday that President Trump’s attacks on the integrity of mail-in voting contributed to his loss in the Peach State.

“Twenty-four thousand people did not vote in the fall; either they did not vote absentee because they were told by the president ‘don’t vote absentee, it’s not secure,’ ” Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger (R) said in an interview with WSB-TV, an Atlanta-area ABC affiliate. “But then they did not come out and vote in person. He would have won by 10,000 votes. He actually depressed, suppressed his own voting base."

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            When the truth hurts, just make shit up:

Georgia’s Republican secretary of state said Tuesday that President Trump’s attacks on the integrity of mail-in voting contributed to his loss in the Peach State.

“Twenty-four thousand people did not vote in the fall; either they did not vote absentee because they were told by the president ‘don’t vote absentee, it’s not secure,’ ” Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger (R) said in an interview with WSB-TV, an Atlanta-area ABC affiliate. “But then they did not come out and vote in person. He would have won by 10,000 votes. He actually depressed, suppressed his own voting base."
            https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...-himself-state
            LOL, I assume you're referring to Georgia's SecState in the "just make shit up" area. Because he has absolutely no justification for knowing a 24,000 person bloc of voters would swing 17,000 - 7,000 for Trump. And when you've already missed - flat out missed - over 5,000 votes just in the count so far, he's in a position where should simply shut up regardless of what he thinks about Trump's whining. A couple more blunders on missed votes, and the whole state of Georgia will show itself to be more incompetent than Broward County in Florida.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              LOL, I assume you're referring to Georgia's SecState in the "just make shit up" area. Because he has absolutely no justification for knowing a 24,000 person bloc of voters would swing 17,000 - 7,000 for Trump.
              Why does he have absolutely no justification for knowing? This isn't just a 24,000 person bloc of unknown voters. From what I've read, the State's records show that 24,000 GOP'ERS voted absentee in the primary election, but did not vote in the general election. It's not a stretch to say that a very significant number of those GOP'ERS would have voted for Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrewski View Post
                Why does he have absolutely no justification for knowing? This isn't just a 24,000 person bloc of unknown voters. From what I've read, the State's records show that 24,000 GOP'ERS voted absentee in the primary election, but did not vote in the general election. It's not a stretch to say that a very significant number of those GOP'ERS would have voted for Trump.
                perhaps they were all laid up in bed with covid-19 on election day.
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrewski View Post
                  I'd like to see how he or they came up with that information since voter registration in Georgia does NOT require - in fact, does not even request - party affiliation. Therefore, what would be required would be that every absentee vote was tracked to a voter and then checked to see if the voter was A) a Trump voter, and B) voted in the general. Not only do I not think Georgia does that, I highly suspect it's illegal.

Now, he could know that 24,000 less people voted by mail/absentee, and he could even know that those people came from counties that predominantly favor Trump. However, to speculate that Trump would get a +10k margin - that's 71% of the vote in this case - from 24k vote by mail votes is a guess at best.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I'd like to see how he or they came up with that information since voter registration in Georgia does NOT require - in fact, does not even request - party affiliation. Therefore, what would be required would be that every absentee vote was tracked to a voter and then checked to see if the voter was A) a Trump voter, and B) voted in the general. Not only do I not think Georgia does that, I highly suspect it's illegal.
                    So this actually isn't true (I live in Georgia). For the primaries (and primaries only), when you make your absentee ballot request, you are required to choose a Democratic, Republican, or non partisan ballot. Go to https://georgia.gov/vote-absentee-ballot, scroll to submit by mail, and then look at number 5 on the Application. I am guessing that they got the 24,000 number from residents who requested the Republican ballot for their primary vote. You are correct as to the general election absentee application-that application does not have you specify the party.

Comment

• in Georgia traffic crimes are a criminal offense. and their unemployment is only 12 weeks. the politicians of Georgia are possessed of the most daredevil and reckless bravery of any of their Washington associates. have you ever been to Georgia. beautiful state, Georgia.

Comment

LOL, I assume you're referring to Georgia's SecState in the "just make shit up" area. Because he has absolutely no justification for knowing a 24,000 person bloc of voters would swing 17,000 - 7,000 for Trump.
                        To clarify, we're accusing the Republican secretary of state as just making shit up against Trump? To what end exactly? That's the conspiracy theory at this point? Wow. We've reached new levels of far-fetched.

Comment

in Georgia traffic crimes are a criminal offense. and their unemployment is only 12 weeks. the politicians of Georgia are possessed of the most daredevil and reckless bravery of any of their Washington associates. have you ever been to Georgia. beautiful state, Georgia.
                          Is the 12 week unemployment part of the beauty?
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                            Is the 12 week unemployment part of the beauty?
                            beauty is beauty. is everything cold or cool cold or cool. I am from a commonwealth nobody up here knows if we are a state. which is beautiful.

about the discussion, like making shit up is still referring to how people were saying all along being against mail in voting would tilt the election. so it's the first salvo in the we told you so debate.

Comment

beauty is beauty. is everything cold or cool cold or cool. I am from a commonwealth nobody up here knows if we are a state. which is beautiful.

about the discussion, like making shit up is still referring to how people were saying all along being against mail in voting would tilt the election. so it's the first salvo in the we told you so debate.
                              I disagree

Ha ha not really, not even sure I understood your post
                              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I drank a lot of coffee and got stoned. I don't actually smoke a lot of pot anymore. it works to quit drinking, and it's more fun. video games too. doctors should prescribe pot and video games.

Comment

Working...
                                X