No announcement yet.

2K23: Colorado Rockies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can tell you with firsthand knowledge that the biggest trash talker in the entire NBA 30 years ago was Larry Bird.

but don't take my word for it (even though I heard it with my own ears).

Michael Jordan: “Larry Bird is the greatest trash talker and mind-game player of all time. He taught me everything I know about getting in folks’ heads.”
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• You guys do understand that the biggest trash talkers 30 years ago were white was likely due to the fact that a non white player couldn’t get away with it right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
        You guys do understand that the biggest trash talkers 30 years ago were white was likely due to the fact that a non white player couldn’t get away with it right?
        And in Rockies related news: Rockies signed OF/DH Matt Kemp to a minor league contract. There goes all Sam Hilliard's value for 2020 and 2021 as I'm sure they will sign Kemp to a LT contract after this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by whalewang View Post
          And in Rockies related news: Rockies signed OF/DH Matt Kemp to a minor league contract. There goes all Sam Hilliard's value for 2020 and 2021 as I'm sure they will sign Kemp to a LT contract after this year.
          Not after they see how little he has left. After he was traded to Cincinnati before last season, the reaction of almost everyone here who saw him play was, "D**n, what HAPPENED to him? He used to be so good!"

I think this is just a dart throw by the Rockies.
          Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
          -- William James

Comment

• Garrett Hampson has been playing every day and leading off for the Rockies. We may finally get to see what this guy can do.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
              Not after they see how little he has left. After he was traded to Cincinnati before last season, the reaction of almost everyone here who saw him play was, "D**n, what HAPPENED to him? He used to be so good!"

I think this is just a dart throw by the Rockies.
              Kemp has more ABs than Hillard and Tapia.

Does Hilliard have much hope of becoming relevant this season (9 team NL keeper league) or should I cut him and move on?

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                Garrett Hampson has been playing every day and leading off for the Rockies. We may finally get to see what this guy can do.
                If he can keep the gig he should be in for a ton of runs in that lineup.

Comment

• I like some of the youth movement here. Tapia playing almost everyday and leading off now. Garrett Hampson is consistently in the lineup. Hilliard also playing mostly everyday lately. Can we just bench Murphy, move McMahon over to 1st, and give Rodgers a shot?

Comment

• Ubaldo Jimenez announced his retirement.

Jimenez tried to make a comeback with the Rockies this spring after not pitching since 2017, but didn't make the team or player pool, and now he's decided to hang it up again. Assuming he is done, the right-hander retires with 114 wins against 117 losses and a 4.34 ERA accumulated with Colorado, the Orioles and Cleveland.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• fabled for spitting the bit in the 11th inning of the Orioles' 2016 wild-card game loss while Zack Britton - 0.54 ERA in 67 IP that year - watched forlornly on the sidelines.

you see, Britton had 47 SV and the Orioles were on the road, so ......... nah, I still can't explain it, other than anal-retentivity by Showalter.
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                        fabled for spitting the bit in the 11th inning of the Orioles' 2016 wild-card game loss while Zack Britton - 0.54 ERA in 67 IP that year - watched forlornly on the sidelines.

you see, Britton had 47 SV and the Orioles were on the road, so ......... nah, I still can't explain it, other than anal-retentivity by Showalter.
                        I was at that game, still remember feeling giddy seeing Ubaldo coming out of the pen ...

It's too bad his career had the arc it did, he came up as a pretty studly prospect, and don't forget that he threw a no-no way back when
                        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• The Athletic's Ken Rosenthal hears the Rockies are set to promote reliever AJ Ramos.

A former closer, Ramos last pitched in the major leagues on May 26, 2018, before undergoing shoulder surgery that's kept him sidelined ever since.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Bump for the 2K21 list.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Ian Desmond opting out of the '21 season

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                Ian Desmond opting out of the '21 season
                                Wow! I didn't know that opting out was still a thing this year.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X