The RJ 1000: The top 1000 rock classics of all time Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    Got a last minute ticket for £100 ... standing ... feel a little less dirty.

Can't really argue with that ... Strokes at a 2000 capacity venue
    Nice, should be a fun show!
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Got a last minute ticket for £100 ... standing ... feel a little less dirty.

Can't really argue with that ... Strokes at a 2000 capacity venue
      Congrats! Have a great time!

Comment

• Won't be able to pick tonight ... so I'll drop another before time ... really doubt anyone's gonna pick this ...

Comment

Won't be able to pick tonight ... so I'll drop another before time ... really doubt anyone's gonna pick this ...
          In fact i won't bother ... you never know ...

Comment

• Sorry for being MIA over the weekend - went down to San Diego to visit some friends and didn't have much free time. My last pick was playing while we were at brunch yesterday though so I guess it gave me some inspiration

Almost went with "More than a Feeling" with one of my recent picks just because it's about as classic as you can get when you think of classic rock. Plus, even after hearing it a million times I still enjoy it.

Comment

• I had Blue Sky cued up next. Rats! And good pick.

Comment

• Amazing that you guys are still snaking picks from my list ("Jesus, etc." and "Need You Tonight").
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Steve with ?Great Balls of Fire (good one). Opening up the early days.

Comment

• "Green Grass and High Tides" was my next pick!!

Love "Blue Sky". One can't help but just feel the good times vibe that song creates.
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• In 1989 or 1990 I went to a 70's Superfest concert. It was a free concert -- Brooklyn has a popular free summer concert series that still runs to this day -- and this one had some of the best of 70s pop/rock: The Guess Who, Grand Funk Railroad, KC & the Sunshine Band, and a group I had never heard of....Rare Earth. I gotta say Rare Earth turned out to be the best that day, and I've loved them ever since.

Comment

• I was going to pick "Head on " yesterday, but figured I could wait. Great pick.
                        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• I keep swiping Mith's picks and I haven't even gotten any Rush yet

Comment

• "No Rain" and "Sunday Bloody Sunday" were both on my list, great picks!
                            - Terence McKenna

Comment

• "One" was still there? Dang.

Comment

• Love The River.

Comment

Working...
                                X