No announcement yet.

The RJ 1000: The top 1000 rock classics of all time Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No eligibility rules really, just two hours between picks and max of five per day. And only one per band per day. Oh, and don't be like Mith and take Zep tunes every day, I'd like to get one.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
      No eligibility rules really, just two hours between picks and max of five per day. And only one per band per day. Oh, and don't be like Mith and take Zep tunes every day, I'd like to get one.
      Hey man, I could pick Zep tunes all day every day

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
        Hey man, I could pick Zep tunes all day every day
        Except Mith has most of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          Except Mith has most of them.
          Yet there are still so many good ones!

Comment

• I knew Lucky was going to snag For What it's Worth. I just needed more time man!

Glad to get Dear Mr. Fantasy with my last pick of the day. Thought you sharks would have grabbed it by now.

Go get em boys!
            Last edited by Gregg; 02-17-2020, 08:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
              Thinking of indulging a little bit ...
              Do flashbacks count? Cause some of these songs make me a little flashbacky...

Comment

I knew Lucky was going to snag For What it's Worth. I just needed more time man!

Glad to get Dear Mr. Fantasy with my last pick of the day. Thought you sharks would have grabbed it by now.

Go get em boys!
                It's been crazy. I was under strict instructions from Ms. Lucky to make sure I came away with Tangled Up In Blue, but I decided to grab Immigrant Song first, and guess what Gregg took with the next pick?

Huge Traffic fan, but I can afford to pick up the Buffalo Springfield now and grab Dear Mr. Fantasy later this evening, can't I? Huh, Gregg?

I told the missus going in that having us pick one after the other would be very interesting.
                Last edited by Redbirds Fan; 02-17-2020, 09:35 PM.
                If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Great pick on the Traffic song.
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                    Great pick on the Traffic song.
                    Thank you sir! I heard Winwood and Clapton do a tremendous version. I have to find it and post it here. For those who like the song they will love this version.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                      It's been crazy. I was under strict instructions from Ms. Lucky to make sure I came away with Tangled Up In Blue, but I decided to grab Immigrant Song first, and guess what Gregg took with the next pick?

Huge Traffic fan, but I can afford to pick up the Buffalo Springfield now and grab Dear Mr. Fantasy later this evening, can't I? Huh, Gregg?

I told the missus going in that having us pick one after the other would be very interesting.
                      Yep it is interesting. I am having to go a round or two earlier to get out a head of you. It is not about just liking a song, with each pick I think if I want it I better take it now.

I think all of the players are having some really good picks.

Comment

Yep it is interesting. I am having to go a round or two earlier to get out a head of you. It is not about just liking a song, with each pick I think if I want it I better take it now.

I think all of the players are having some really good picks.
                        You're right, a great selection across the board. I"m enjoying listening to the ones I'm less familiar with and also hearing the old favorites again.
                        If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• *drunk-me-engaged*

"... YOU'RE A CANDLE IN THE WINDOW, ON A COLD DARK WINTERS NIGHT ..."

Also, Ron Swanson moonlighting on the piano ... a man of many talents.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                            *drunk-me-engaged*

"... YOU'RE A CANDLE IN THE WINDOW, ON A COLD DARK WINTERS NIGHT ..."

Also, Ron Swanson moonlighting on the piano ... a man of many talents.
                            Well well Johnny....I love that REO tune!! Great pick!
                            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• How the hell did Freebird last this long????

Comment

• Wow I go to bed and get up this morning to find You guys nailed it!!

Oh, and Freebird was coming off the boards this morning. I was picking out which version to post.

Comment

Working...
                                X