• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    This is a joke right??
    Yes its a joke.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      Yes its a joke.
      My kids tell me they never know when i am joking or serious. Apparently it works online too
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

My kids tell me they never know when i am joking or serious. Apparently it works online too
        Maybe you can work on your delivery......
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          While I do not blame Sanders for assuring folks his VP won't be an "old white guy," and he promises to bring diversity to the WH (I think it is the right stance), it does surprise me a little, given how he has been lauded for not playing identity politics by TW and others. I guess any politicians is susceptible to those realities to an extent.
          Playing identity politics would be him saying all old white guys who don't vote for him have a special place in hell.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Playing identity politics would be him saying all old white guys who don't vote for him have a special place in hell.
            How about if Sanders said that a woman can't win the presidency, which is being alleged he said to Warren? I know what you guys are gonna say--this is a MSM hit job on Sanders. In this case, I agree that the timing is suspicious and more importantly, it does not sound in character of the man. Given his strong denial and his character, I am giving him the benefit of the doubt until Warren comes out and makes this claim publicly. She needs to do so or explicitly deny this. I know the promised to play nice, so I guess I'd get it if she pleads the fifth, that that amounts to an agreement he said it. If he didn't say it, she needs to strongly deny he did right now. I don't think it is a huge deal either way with voters, but it may be used against him to turn off women voters, and at this point, I am not sure that would be fair to him, so I hope it gets squashed quickly.
            Last edited by Sour Masher; 01-13-2020, 08:12 PM.

Comment

How about if Sanders said that a woman can't win the presidency, which is being alleged he said to Warren? I know what you guys are gonna say--this is a MSM hit job on Sanders. In this case, I agree that the timing is suspicious and more importantly, it does not sound in character of the man. Given his strong denial and his character, I am giving him the benefit of the doubt until Warren comes out and makes this claim publicly. She needs to do so or explicitly deny this. I know the promised to play nice, so I guess I'd get it if she pleads the fifth, that that amounts to an agreement he said it. If he didn't say it, she needs to strongly deny he did right now. I don't think it is a huge deal either way with voters, but it may be used against him to turn off women voters, so I hope it gets squashed quickly.
              Well Warren issued a statement indicating he said it. Doesnt seem consistent with his past statements, but who knows. Those are the only two candidates i like, so i am dissapointed
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Well Warren issued a statement indicating he said it. Doesnt seem consistent with his past statements, but who knows. Those are the only two candidates i like, so i am dissapointed
                To be clear i am dissapointed they are having this disagreement. I cant really conclude what was said in their meeting based on what i have seen so far
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• The full he said, she said here. Yawn.

The peace pact between Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren is over, which could mean a tense Democratic debate Tuesday in Des Moines.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

The full he said, she said here. Yawn.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/sto...-on-the-attack
                    I agree, mostly yawn. It is noy like he said a women should not win. Not great that he seemed to be trying to dissuade her from running, but if he thought that, he thought that. There is a bias against women leaders. I am most disappointed that one of them is lying. The gloves seem to be coming off on both sides here. I hope it does not get too ugly.

Comment

• I think the one who claimed to be Native American for decades to advance her academic career seems less credible here, but I'm a bit biased.
                      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                        I think the one who claimed to be Native American for decades to advance her academic career seems less credible here, but I'm a bit biased.
                        I think I agree. Really bums me out. This seems like retaliation for him telling his people to bad mouth Warren in a normal politcal way, but this is more below the belt, pun intended. I cannot believe it is wholly fabricated, but it was probably some inoucous speculation of how a woman has a tough road to win the precidency. One comment in two hours, I can see Sanders forgetting it. I do not want to believe this is a Warren sanctioned leak to make him look bad and her look above this. But maybe.

Comment

I think I agree. Really bums me out. This seems like retaliation for him telling his people to bad mouth Warren in a normal politcal way, but this is more below the belt, pun intended. I cannot believe it is wholly fabricated, but it was probably some inoucous speculation of how a woman has a tough road to win the precidency. One comment in two hours, I can see Sanders forgetting it. I do not want to believe this is a Warren sanctioned leak to make him look bad and her look above this. But maybe.
                          Wow, you swallowed that bullshit? That was the first attack from Warren. The screen cap posted was from a user with 1 prior post, and within hours, the post was taken down by moderators. In fact, there's a very explicit policy within the campaign that makes volunteers pledge not only not to attack other candidates, but to avoid making comparisons with other Denocratic candidates entirely. The substance of the post was so innocuous, stating the facts that her coalition isn't diverse enough.

I mean, I couldn't have been 100% positive that it was started by Warren's team until you see the next day's bullshit about women not being able to win.

Anyway, as always, I feel like a video with screencaps of actual Bernie volunteer training questionnaires and pledges, etc, helps clarify things.

Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

I think the one who claimed to be Native American for decades to advance her academic career seems less credible here, but I'm a bit biased.
                            +1 for this post

Comment

How about if Sanders said that a woman can't win the presidency, which is being alleged he said to Warren? I know what you guys are gonna say--this is a MSM hit job on Sanders. In this case, I agree that the timing is suspicious and more importantly, it does not sound in character of the man. Given his strong denial and his character, I am giving him the benefit of the doubt until Warren comes out and makes this claim publicly. She needs to do so or explicitly deny this. I know the promised to play nice, so I guess I'd get it if she pleads the fifth, that that amounts to an agreement he said it. If he didn't say it, she needs to strongly deny he did right now. I don't think it is a huge deal either way with voters, but it may be used against him to turn off women voters, and at this point, I am not sure that would be fair to him, so I hope it gets squashed quickly.
                              Thinking about it a bit more it really is a hit piece. Basically publishing a rumor that can never be proven or disproven so no one has any idea if it is true. Seems like pretty sleazy "journalism"
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Wow, you swallowed that bullshit? That was the first attack from Warren. The screen cap posted was from a user with 1 prior post, and within hours, the post was taken down by moderators. In fact, there's a very explicit policy within the campaign that makes volunteers pledge not only not to attack other candidates, but to avoid making comparisons with other Denocratic candidates entirely. The substance of the post was so innocuous, stating the facts that her coalition isn't diverse enough.

I mean, I couldn't have been 100% positive that it was started by Warren's team until you see the next day's bullshit about women not being able to win.

Anyway, as always, I feel like a video with screencaps of actual Bernie volunteer training questionnaires and pledges, etc, helps clarify things.

My statement is valid whether it happened or not, because Warren suggested/agreed it happened in the very clip you posted. What I was trying to say is that she said he did it, and then mysteriously this thing leaked. Maybe she did not believe he did it at all. More likely to me, she was looking for an excuse to leak this in desperation, and saw this possibility he ordered it as an opportunity.

I am perfectly willing to believe he didn't instruct volunteers in this manner--in fact, I think it is likely he did not. It is also possible a volunteer did it anyway. Either way, it was a totally fair political point to make to me, so even if a volunteer was pitching this to voters, and even if Sanders gave the code red for it to happen (which I am not saying he did), I don't really care, it was fair political tactics to me, and if Warren gave the okay to leak the "women can't win" stuff, I am very disappointed in her about that, because her retaliation--for a real slight, a perceived one, or a totally fake one--was a low blow.

Comment

Working...
                                X