Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nots View Post
    Where did you live in Ky? I spent 14 years just south of Lex Vegas
    I think we had this convo...maybe, my memory ain't what it used to be. I lived in Louisville for 5 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      I think we had this convo...maybe, my memory ain't what it used to be. I lived in Louisville for 5 years.
      Yeah, I think you're right, lol.
      I am getting too old--sorry

Comment

Yeah, I think you're right, lol.
        I am getting too old--sorry
        I feel like I'm too young in my 40s for my brain to feel this old. I blame lack of sleep and having young children .

Comment

I feel like I'm too young in my 40s for my brain to feel this old. I blame lack of sleep and having young children .
          I am 53 with a 7 year old--i can relate.

Did I ever tell you I used to live in Ky?

Comment

I am 53 with a 7 year old--i can relate.

Did I ever tell you I used to live in Ky?

Nice to see another member of the old dad with young kids club.

Comment

• if I remember right the gov of KY made some pretty dumb comments and put them on you tube after multiple school shootings.

also, yeah I am being a troll by saying this but I'd rather not split electoral votes. and I know many people can't vote with their feet. but fuck it. if you don't like or agree with the state you live in then move. when you try to compromise by splitting votes, you are just prolonging the inevitable. whether you are talking about red states that pollute or have no healthcare or low living quality, or blue states that tax you to death and want to be nannys and have everyone live in a protective bubble. I say if there is a state out the all fucked up, let it.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                if you don't like or agree with the state you live in then move
                As dumb as the "if you don't like it then move" trope is, sadly it's worse in this context since it doesn't even apply here. All voters must abide by the same federal laws regardless of state. One individual moving to a new state does not change that.

Comment

• Buttigieg has moved into second place just one point back of Warren in the latest Iowa poll. I still think he has a very good chance for an upset win there. And I think there's a very good chance Biden finishes fourth.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                    Buttigieg has moved into second place just one point back of Warren in the latest Iowa poll. I still think he has a very good chance for an upset win there. And I think there's a very good chance Biden finishes fourth.
                    I agree. He seems to be finding a lane, maybe finding some Biden voters and maybe some Warren voters scared off by her Med4All plan. He still has a steep hill to climb nationally, but a win in Iowa would make him look viable, which may help him gain momentum.

Comment

• I think if you take away the electoral college, you take away a states right to either sink or swim. you know the ideals of red states and blue states clash, and it should be based on all or nothing in a presidential race. hence if you are a liberal in a conservative state and you don't like your states ideals then move to a blue state. the number of representatives in congress for that state is based on population. if people either move, or die from pollution or lack of healthcare or crime in a state, their number of representatives go down. and that state has less influence on the country.

but the idea that we should just go to a popular or split electoral vote is a waste of time. it takes the battle of ideals that exist across state lines and localizes it. and just prolongs the inevitable. that the state is someday going to either sink or swim. this is why the founding fathers used the current system.

Comment

• I love your unique perspective and unique way of describing things nullnor but I have absolutely no idea what you just said.

Comment

• Mike Bloomberg apparently is gathering signatures and filing paperwork to be eligible for the Alabama Primary, which requires this information by tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            Mike Bloomberg apparently is gathering signatures and filing paperwork to be eligible for the Alabama Primary, which requires this information by tomorrow.
                            He would be a game changer. I imagine he is doing this because of how well Warren and Sanders are doing. Who do you think he'd pull most from if he entered? Biden, I assume, but who else would lose out? Mayor Pete? Would he take over the middle lane? I know he is well liked, but he is another guy well into his 70s. I still think a younger candidate like Pete will emerge. Any of these over 70s winnings would be unprecedented.

Comment

He would be a game changer. I imagine he is doing this because of how well Warren and Sanders are doing. Who do you think he'd pull most from if he entered? Biden, I assume, but who else would lose out? Mayor Pete? Would he take over the middle lane? I know he is well liked, but he is another guy well into his 70s. I still think a younger candidate like Pete will emerge. Any of these over 70s winnings would be unprecedented.
                              When will you guys realize that Mayo-Pete cannot be the nominee because black voters are allergic to him? It's disgusting that Pete has had major controversy for supporting the racists in his college town police dept, and his campaign uses that as an opportunity to spread the myth of "well, black people don't like Mayo-Pete because they're homophobic." He is disgusting. What is the fucking appeal? He has almost zero track record, and what little track record we see is terrible. He pushed out the first black police chief, after tapes were made of racist cops... his own campaign funding people later funded one of those racists on the tape to become the next police chief! This isn't nothing, it's legit, he will never turnout the black vote. His direct responses to black residents were pathetic. Dude is 38 years old, he's only doing well in the ultra white early states that he's pouring money into. It's not hard, look at Tom Steyer spending $50 mil for a handful of early state votes, and he's qualified for the next debate. Nobody has given a serious argument as to how a Dem candidate wins without getting out the black vote, because there isn't a path to winning without black turnout.

I see you aren't cheering for him, just speculating. Even though Biden would depress a ton of turnout, at least he starts out with a clear path to winning. Buttigieg needs to win black voters and he's shown he cannot do it. So instead he smears them with the homophobic trope. How do you think that's playing in the black community? I can tell you, black people hate the guy, and rightfully so.
                              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• One more point on Pete's logic that Black people don't support him because they're homophobic...

Remember when black voters in the 2007/2008 primary initially supported Clinton over Obama. Was it because those voters were racist that they didn't support Obama? I don't think so! He needed to win them over with substance, and he did. Mayo-Pete is both unwilling and incapable of making the same leap.
                                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Working...
                                X