This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    I think every time one of his opponents dies, he feels self-satisfaction. I think he perversely sees it as him "winning." Like, ha, you are dead and I am not. You lose. I win.
    This I agree with 100%.
    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
      Sorry, the man is not "cunning". Asshole, yes. Buffoon, yes. Bully, yes. Intelligent, no. (My opinions.)
      I agree he is a moron. The stupidest man to ever hold the office by far, completely devoid of self-reflection and the desire to learn and grow. But the definition of cunning is "having or showing skill in achieving one's ends by deceit or evasion." Hard to argue that he has shown that. After all, he managed to become president despite his intellectual and moral short-comings.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        I'm just waiting to see what this idiot has to say about Elijah Cummings.
        I was surprised to see he was only 68. FWIW, I would have guessed much older.

Comment

• I don't think I will even hit all the highlights from this Mulvaney presser...

Trump will hold the G7 at Doral...

White House acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney insists that President Trump will not profit from the summit meeting.

“It was almost like they built this facility” to host the G-7, Mulvaney said at the White House briefing, echoing comments he said came from another official whom he did not name.

“If you think it’s going to help his brand, that’s great, I would suggest that he probably doesn’t need much help promoting his brand.”

Mulvaney said that multiple possible sites were considered and that Trump “doesn’t profit from being here, he has no interest in profiting from being here.”

Confirms quid pro quo...

"Did he also mention to me in [the] past the corruption related to the DNC server? Absolutely," Mulvaney said of a conversation he had with President Donald Trump. "No question about that. But that's it, and that's why we held up the money."

The impeachment inquiry into President Trump continues in the House. View the latest news.

When asked about the decision to withhold aid from Ukraine, Mulvaney told reporters that President Trump told him at the time, "This is a corrupt place. Everyone knows this is a corrupt place…Plus, I'm not sure that the other European countries are helping them out either.”

When questioned on Mulvaney saying that the White House held up security money from Ukraine until the president got assurances, Mulvaney told reporters to “get over it” saying there are going to be political impacts on foreign policy.
          Last edited by frae; 10-17-2019, 01:09 PM.

Comment

• And the hits from this administration just keep coming. So after withdrawing forces from northern Syria and leaving the Kurds exposed and after Turkey as gone in and killed Kurds the Pence/Pompeo negotiation has led to this...

"It will be a pause in military operations for 120 hours while the United States facilitates the withdrawal of YPG from the affected areas in the safe zone, and once that is completed, Turkey has agreed to a permanent cease fire, and the United States of America will work with Turkey, will work with nations around the world to ensure that peace and stability is the order of the day in this safe zone on the border between Syria and Turkey," he said.

"Part of our understanding is that with the implementation of the ceasefire, the United States will not impose any further sanctions on Turkey," Pence said. "And once a permanent ceasefire is in effect, the President has agreed to withdraw the economic sanctions that were imposed this last Monday."

So Turkey wanted to push the Kurds out of that part of Syria, we let them invade, then we get a deal where the Kurds will leave that part of Syria, and Turkey will, in the end, get no sanctions for this aggressive action. Well done art of the deal President, well done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              I agree he is a moron. The stupidest man to ever hold the office by far, completely devoid of self-reflection and the desire to learn and grow. But the definition of cunning is "having or showing skill in achieving one's ends by deceit or evasion." Hard to argue that he has shown that. After all, he managed to become president despite his intellectual and moral short-comings.
              Touche. He's got the deceit AND evasion parts down pat. When I think "cunning", I think weasel. Blackadder: "I have a plan so cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a weasel".
              “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• He's in my building right now, 28 stories below me...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  He's in my building right now, 28 stories below me...
                  Take one for the team
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

He's in my building right now, 28 stories below me...
                    Liar, Trump is always on the highest floor. You can't be 28 stories above him. Whatever floor he is on is the highest floor.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                      Liar, Trump is always on the highest floor. You can't be 28 stories above him. Whatever floor he is on is the highest floor.
                      No no, he's on the BEST floor - there's a fabulous restaurant on the 4th floor. All the best steaks.

Comment

No no, he's on the BEST floor - there's a fabulous restaurant on the 4th floor. All the best steaks.
                        And the best taco bowls!

ChtuyP0VEAQZlY1.jpg

Comment

Which I'm sure he ordered well done and added ketchup.
                          "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                          - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                          - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                            Which I'm sure he ordered well done and added ketchup.
                            mmmm.... ketchup
                            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                              mmmm.... ketchup
                              my brother doesn't like ketchup. RJEL Girl is deeply troubled by this. She just can't seem to wrap her head around it and brings it up often. We are his son's catholic god parents. I'm pretty sure she is more invested in making sure he has access to, and learns to enjoy ketchup than she is in making sure he is raised catholicy. And she is Catholic herself.
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                                mmmm.... ketchup
                                I put ketchup on my ketchup
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X