Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Oh, the irony of you being offended by my math joke given you just called out Ken for constantly looking for something to be offended by is just too precious not to acknowledge!
    Oh but the irony doesn't end there! He's offended (and I quote "fucking gross") that I supposedly said that drug addicts are bad characters (something I never said or implied but let him rant). Everyone must be really bored - he's offended!

Comment

• Have a fun circle jerk.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
        Oh but the irony doesn't end there! He's offended (and I quote "fucking gross") that I supposedly said that drug addicts are bad characters (something I never said or implied but let him rant). Everyone must be really bored - he's offended!
        Could be anything but I would advise against assuming something negative. I’ve never heard anything but positive accounts of his character let’s not take pot shots.
        Yeah, nothing about his character there. Okay.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
          Yeah, nothing about his character there. Okay.
          Goodness learn to read. This is not a hard concept. Why do you constantly have so much trouble comprehending simple English?

Calling someone a drug addict is a negative reflection on their character. That's not something anyone WANTS to be. Have you ever heard a kid say "I want to grow up and be a drug addict and die early"? No one aspires to die an early death because they couldn't control themselves. Is this really something you don't grasp? It is not positive to say someone is an addict. It's NOT a good thing to say that someone killed themselves due to stupid choices on their own part.

Somehow you have twisted that into suggesting that I think every single person who has an addiction problem is by definition a "bad character" and should be looked down on. I have close friends and close family with addition problems. Some of them with drug addictions. That's a flaw that they wish they didn't have. I've never met someone who wanted to be addicted.

Are we really arguing about this? Good Lord.

The reality is that you just want to attack people. That's what I said from the start. You aren't interested in discussing the topic, you just want to berate what people say and tear them down.

Enough!

Comment

Ask President Hillary, who crushed Trump in polling right up to and including election day. You're following the same polls that lead us off a cliff in 2016. That's why I refuse to follow along.

Edit to add: you continue to refuse to dig deeper into the numbers to see why Biden would lose. He doesnt have the black vote, he has the old-ass dedicated, blue no matter who black voters. Same as Hillary did! It will not get you there!

Warren would probably edge out Trump, but digging deeper into her numbers is also terrifying due to her lack of diversity within her coalition. I also support whoever is best set-up to beat Trump, but not at the expense of what I actually believe in. But you need to turn out and energize voters, something polling a year out has no ability to extrapolate.
            So that's it? Because the polls were wrong once, we can never trust them again? If we said that about any number of things - science, progress, fantasy sports (egads) -- we may never be able to trust anything! And remember, the turning point may have come very late (two days before Election Day), with the Comey disclosure.

Frankly, Trump was such a wildcard with no political history to speak of in 2016, so non-Hillary types voted for him as a 'what the hell' vote. (Remember "What do you have to lose?"). Well, now we know what a disaster he is, and since then he's hemorrhaged many of those who voted for him as an anti-Hilary vote that it's hard NOT to trust the polls. His base is his base, and that base represents 40%-43%. The Dems now know, down to the street corners, where they have to blanket. Trump is losing females, suburbanites, latinos, african-americans, LGBTQs, Jews, Millennials, you name it. He won in 2016 because he skated such a thin lane to victory that it's hard to see how he can repeat that, with all the losses in his voting capital.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
              Goodness learn to read. This is not a hard concept. Why do you constantly have so much trouble comprehending simple English?

Calling someone a drug addict is a negative reflection on their character. That's not something anyone WANTS to be. Have you ever heard a kid say "I want to grow up and be a drug addict and die early"? No one aspires to die an early death because they couldn't control themselves. Is this really something you don't grasp? It is not positive to say someone is an addict. It's NOT a good thing to say that someone killed themselves due to stupid choices on their own part.

Somehow you have twisted that into suggesting that I think every single person who has an addiction problem is by definition a "bad character" and should be looked down on. I have close friends and close family with addition problems. Some of them with drug addictions. That's a flaw that they wish they didn't have. I've never met someone who wanted to be addicted.

Are we really arguing about this? Good Lord.

The reality is that you just want to attack people. That's what I said from the start. You aren't interested in discussing the topic, you just want to berate what people say and tear them down.

Enough!
              Okay, fair enough, its merely semantics.

Then answer my question, how likely do you think it is that Biden would purposefully not say the names of Bernie and Warren when they're directly to his left and right? How likely would it be that its intentional, given his dozens of other mistaken names for people, places and things? Like less than 1%?

Stay on topic and answer how your theory holds any water.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                So that's it? Because the polls were wrong once, we can never trust them again? If we said that about any number of things - science, progress, fantasy sports (egads) -- we may never be able to trust anything!

Frankly, Trump was such a wildcard with no political history to speak of in 2016, so non-Hillary types voted for him as a 'what the hell' vote. (Remember "What do you have to lose?"). Well, now we know what a disaster he is, and since then he's hemorrhaged many of those who voted for him that it's hard NOT to trust the polls. His base is his base, and that base represents 40%-43%. The Dems now know, down to the street corners, where they have to blanket. Trump is losing females, suburbanites, latinos, african-americans, LGBTQs, Jews, Millennials, you name it. He won in 2016 because he skated such a thin lane to victory that it's hard to see how he can repeat that, with all the losses in his voting capital.
                You say Biden couldn't possibly debate for over an hour if he were failing mentally, yet you don't address his clear mental failings.

The answer on the legacy of slavery was insane, and you've never addressed it.

Comment

Okay, fair enough, its merely semantics.
                  Yeah, in the future, rather than making accusations about what someone says when you don't even comprehend it, I'd recommend just asking. I offered you several posts back to just PM me if you want to talk about this topic, and if you had done so you would have understood without making yourself look like an ass. But you weren't interested in the reality at the time, that was too "boring", you were interested in raging about how insensitive someone was because they said something you don't understand. Again, "listen" to other people, try to think about something from the other side, and you'll learn something. Rage and yell and scream, and you'll make yourself look dumb, like you did today. Hopefully lesson learned.

I have been listening to you about Biden's mental failings and it's something I'm considering more because you brought it up. Thank you for making the case (an honest thanks here, no sarcasm). Now please, please listen to others. They have ideas just as good as yours.

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                  Then answer my question, how likely do you think it is that Biden would purposefully not say the names of Bernie and Warren when they're directly to his left and right? How likely would it be that its intentional, given his dozens of other mistaken names for people, places and things? Like less than 1%?
                  How likely it is that a particular person is using a particular political strategy is not a mathematical question. He either is, or he isn't. There's no "odds" here, it's just a potential answer. As I said many posts back, based on what I've seen so far I think it's more likely he's losing it. But you couldn't think of any alternative reason that someone would do that for some reason, I provided one for you. This didn't have to be a big deal.

**And, just a point in the abstract - the odds that it is actually happening aren't relevant to the viability of the idea. There's a very slight chance that I'll see the sun right now since I'm in a conference room without windows currently, but it still exists.

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                  Stay on topic and answer how your theory holds any water.
                  Oh the irony of asking someone to stay on topic after you somehow pulled Tyler Skaggs into an election thread - I guess that makes irony number 3!

Signing off for the day, you have fun, try to listen and not rage!

Comment

So that's it? Because the polls were wrong once, we can never trust them again? If we said that about any number of things - science, progress, fantasy sports (egads) -- we may never be able to trust anything! And remember, the turning point may have come very late (two days before Election Day), with the Comey disclosure.
                    Comey disclosure was not 2 days before the election.

Comment

Frankly, Trump was such a wildcard with no political history to speak of in 2016, so non-Hillary types voted for him as a 'what the hell' vote. (Remember "What do you have to lose?"). Well, now we know what a disaster he is, and since then he's hemorrhaged many of those who voted for him as an anti-Hilary vote that it's hard NOT to trust the polls. His base is his base, and that base represents 40%-43%. The Dems now know, down to the street corners, where they have to blanket. Trump is losing females, suburbanites, latinos, african-americans, LGBTQs, Jews, Millennials, you name it. He won in 2016 because he skated such a thin lane to victory that it's hard to see how he can repeat that, with all the losses in his voting capital.
                      It is good to get uplifted by stuff I read here sometimes. I hope you are right that Trump's victory was pretty much a fluke. That means we will be rid of him no matter who the Dem candidate is. I really hope that is the case. I'm with you, I'm 100% behind whoever runs against him. And yes, Biden is still dominating him like no other.

Still, while I think TW is overblowing some Biden stuff, because it fits his pre-existing disdain for Biden, you gotta admit, there are some signs of slippage with Biden like the things TW has pointed out, and some of his answers so far on key issues have been disappointing and concerning. (BTW, TW, I often disagree with your tone and tactics in here, but I still appreciate your participation, because you are really deep into this stuff and sometimes you expose me to things I hadn't seen or heard yet. You bring a lot of info into these threads...it amazes me how much you know about American politics as a Canadian).

As I've stated before, my biggest worry is that a large chunk of his current support is not yet paying attention. I just hope they start soon so they, and all voters are committed to their candidate and won't push someone to a primary victory and THEN change their mind. The same would go for theoretical Sanders voters who support him now, but then only discover he will raises taxes later and then drop him. I can't imagine such an ill informed voter, but that is the level of my paranoia. I just hope, if Biden maintains this support, it is because his voters know the red flags and choose to overlook them because they still want him. Part of me fears at least some of his support is coming from folks who haven't watched him much lately or seen all of his answers on key issues.
                      Last edited by Sour Masher; 09-19-2019, 01:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                        Comey disclosure was not 2 days before the election.
                        Excuse me....10 days. Hillary was 7-10 points ahead before then but up by just 2% a couple of days before Election Day. That's the point.
                        The F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, told Congress that the emails “appear to be pertinent” to the investigation of Mrs. Clinton’s use of a private server.

Comment

You say Biden couldn't possibly debate for over an hour if he were failing mentally, yet you don't address his clear mental failings.

The answer on the legacy of slavery was insane, and you've never addressed it.
                          And you don't address the fact of how someone who is going senile (in your opinion) can debate for 3 hours or give a well-regarded 90 minute speech. Something isn't jiving.

If you're senile, you absolutely couldn't do either. But you sure could slip up a few times throughout. Did his 'record player' answer make any sense? Nope. Do I toss out his entire platform because of that and a few other non-sensical items? Nope.

Does he sound like he's slurring sometimes? Yep. Is that senility, or just bad dentures (LOL)?

Let's face it -- he's old, Bernie is an old geezer, Trump is old, Warren is old. One of those four are winning.

Comment

And you don't address the fact of how someone who is going senile (in your opinion) can debate for 3 hours or give a well-regarded 90 minute speech. Something isn't jiving.

If you're senile, you absolutely couldn't do either. But you sure could slip up a few times throughout. Did his 'record player' answer make any sense? Nope. Do I toss out his entire platform because of that and a few others non-sensical items? Nope.

Does he sound like he's slurring sometimes? Yep. Is that senility, or just bad dentures (LOL)?

Let's face it -- he's old, Bernie is an old geezer, Trump is old, Warren is old. One of those four are winning.
                            Biden has tripped over his tongue throughout his career. He's made unfortunate statements as well (mouth engaged, brain not so much)

I do worry about the perception that it's increasing with age and Trump has already started to make it a campaign issue (see his latest polit ad)

Anyhow, yeah there's lots of old folks on the ticket, but we are aging as a Nation so I don't see the actual age being an issue as much as the idea one of the aged are losing their faculties.
                            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                              I hope you are right that Trump's victory was pretty much a fluke. That means we will be rid of him no matter who the Dem candidate is. .
                              The problem is that he'll still have a twitter account.
                              “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                                The problem is that he'll still have a twitter account.

Comment

Working...
                                X