*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    I bought a Traeger Junior at Costco this spring. You plug it in fill the hopper with chips and set the temp. I really like the convenience and it controls temp reasonably well. 25 pounds was about the limit for what will fit.

So was the Weber leaking too much and you couldn't get it up to temperature ?
    Exactly. I'd fill it with the charcoal and wood, and within an hour the temp would sink to 150-200. I read online (after the fact) that this is sometimes a problem with the Smokey Mountains, so I asked for a new loader door and they sent it -- but it still didn't work.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Exactly. I'd fill it with the charcoal and wood, and within an hour the temp would sink to 150-200. I read online (after the fact) that this is sometimes a problem with the Smokey Mountains, so I asked for a new loader door and they sent it -- but it still didn't work.
      How to solve temperature control problems when your Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker runs too hot or too cool. Lots of useful tips to get temps back on track!

Probably you have already done all this, but some stuff to check in the article above. Seems like if you have a good ignition and enough fuel and airflow it ought to heat up. Kind of puzzling.

EDIT- I guess I'd say try it with all the vents open and see if it will burn hot enough, you probably already tried this though.
      Last edited by The Feral Slasher; 08-25-2019, 02:05 PM.
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        No costco vodka for me for a month. No alcohol at all. Finally leaving the hospital tomorrow.
        Damn, man you were in there a while. Hope you're doing ok.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

I am almost 53....i think hacko may be the old man now that i think about it.
          I am 62 - 63 in December - and I feel it every day -plus have gone to 4 funerals in the last month and should have gone to 3 others but on the plus side My Parents still are alive and in pretty good health . I have also changed up on my Diet and am down to 213 from a High of 236. Old Age take the good with the Bad.

Comment

My daughter is going back to college tomorrow for her Sophomore year. Am I the old man here, anyone else got college kids ?
            I got a 19 year old Granddaughter!!!!
            41721396_10156687038581639_4672746657941553152_n.jpgMy 3 daughters all in 30's
            Last edited by hacko; 08-26-2019, 08:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
              I have also changed up on my Diet and am down to 213 from a High of 236.
              Pshaw .... I've nearly done that in 3 weeks!

Down 19 lbs and am now on a strict low-fat diet .... the dr even suggested that I may never eat pizza again. That's doubtful.
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Pshaw .... I've nearly done that in 3 weeks!

Down 19 lbs and am now on a strict low-fat diet .... the dr even suggested that I may never eat pizza again. That's doubtful.
                any idea how long they want you on that ? That would be hard. Low carb is hard too.
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

any idea how long they want you on that ? That would be hard. Low carb is hard too.
                  One month at least, but the rest of my life was suggested.
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Are any types of fat like Olive oil better than others ? How low fat are they recommending ?
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                      I am 62 - 63 in December - and I feel it every day -plus have gone to 4 funerals in the last month and should have gone to 3 others but on the plus side My Parents still are alive and in pretty good health . I have also changed up on my Diet and am down to 213 from a High of 236. Old Age take the good with the Bad.
                      You put the Vintage in drafting : ) Glad you dropped in to say hi, and well done on the diet. I need to do some work on that.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Whichever is longer?
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Today might be a good day to kick off the annual RJ hatpass, lol
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Do Moderators of Boards Leave ?
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Do Moderators of Boards Leave ?

One can only hope!

Comment

Do Moderators of Boards Leave ?
                                Damn, my brain leaking.
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X