No announcement yet.

*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if we did a combo draft where you have to have 3 or the 5 quizy letters, 3 of the 5 quizy pitching decades and 3 of the however many quizy franchises (rays, Marlins, maybe Rockies for pitching)?

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
      What if we did a combo draft where you have to have 3 or the 5 quizy letters, 3 of the 5 quizy pitching decades and 3 of the however many quizy franchises (rays, Marlins, maybe Rockies for pitching)?
      Intriguing...would all your other picks be wc's ?
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        Intriguing...would all your other picks be wc's ?
        That’s what I was thinking. Seems like it could give rise to a lot of different strategies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
          A dense mass boundary layer. What bullshit. LOL.
          Maybe, ha ha
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• sorry that took so long - I really don't need to be taking a hitter right now, but I have no idea what direction I want to go with my last couple pitching picks and I'm almost neutral between a bunch of options, and Stargell was the clearly best hitter remaining for me, so, enh.
            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Uggghhhhhhhhh. Should have a pick up in 30 minutes or so if I can decide
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Uggghhhhhhhhh. Should have a pickup in 30 minutes or so if I can decide
                Might I recommend a jeep instead?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  Might I recommend a jeep instead?
                  Datsun ? Mitsubishi ? Brands matter.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Surprised Scherzer hung around that long. I was considering both him and Greinke for a few rounds before I took Greinke and assumed he'd go shortly thereafter.

Comment

• New format proposal for something we can bust out in a couple days after this is over: Duplicate.

You have the 14th pick in each round, same format as VD13. You can't pick anyone who was drafted in VD13 before your pick (so for your first pick you can take anyone drafted in rounds 2-27, for your second anyone in 3-27, etc.) Build the best team you can.

Before the deadline at the end of the draft, post your team to pastebin.com and save the URL it's at - this gives you a timestamp for your team's creation but doesn't reveal your team to anyone else. After the deadline, post the URL of your team in the thread and someone can collate all of them and figure out the standings.
                      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                        Surprised Scherzer hung around that long. I was considering both him and Greinke for a few rounds before I took Greinke and assumed he'd go shortly thereafter.
                        Agreed. Nice pick. Might have been a better pick than Verlander for me, too, although it didn't seem like it at the time.
                        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Datsun ? Mitsubishi ? Brands matter.
                          Brand Lives Matter Dude

Comment

I'm not sure I'm at liberty to say
                            Seriously though, what's the "I disagree" thing in reference to?

Comment

Nothing AFAIK. Just Feral post padding

Comment

Dismissing the misinformed with brevity, levity
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X