No announcement yet.

2K24: Tampa Bay Rays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is Curt Casali, and why does he keep hitting HRs?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Who is Curt Casali, and why does he keep hitting HRs?
      I was just going to ask the same thing. I'm reading that his game calling and handling of pitchers is really good so maybe with a little hitting he has a chance to run with the Ray's catcher job.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
        I was just going to ask the same thing. I'm reading that his game calling and handling of pitchers is really good so maybe with a little hitting he has a chance to run with the Ray's catcher job.
        Nothing in his past says this is anything but one of those weird aberrations, but if you play in a 2-catcher AL-only league, he might be worth a $1-2 FAAB bid that maybe he figured something out.

Comment

• Souza is said to have a broken hand after a HBP today. Matt Moore to AAA ball (finally!).
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• McGee, like the Rays, is done for the year. Torn meniscus and he's out 6-8 weeks with surgery

Comment

• OK Rays fans, do they go against their normal and trade a young pitcher for a young hitter this off-season?
              Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                McGee, like the Rays, is done for the year. Torn meniscus and he's out 6-8 weeks with surgery
                More job security for Boxberger. At least until April.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by rotoworld
                  Matt Moore struck out 16 batters in six innings Saturday evening at Triple-A Durham.
                  that's 16 out of 18. whoa.
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...aign=editorial

Well that's awful news.

Comment

• The Rays had not hit a HR in 161 games prior to today. They have never gone a full season without one.

In the debacle that was Mark Buehrle's 2nd start in 3 days, with the plan for him to pitch 2 innings to get to 200 for the 15th straight year, he loaded the bases, retired Tim Beckham, then gave up a grand slam to Joey Butler.

Buehrle pitched 1.1 innings and gave up 8 unearned runs. Ugh.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Yeah Tampa!

"According to Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times, the Rays renewed Boxberger's contract at $519,200 for the 2016 season, a $2,200 pay cut from the $521,400 he earned last season. Jake Odorizzi's salary was cut $1,600 while Kevin Kiermaier was given a mere $600 raise."

Comment

• Only negotiating power 0-3 yr players have is saying no to the raise they're offered. When they do that (all 3 did), then they have to accept what the spreadsheet spits out which is primarily based on service time. Boxberger is as good as traded from the team IMO while they're trying to work out an extension with Odorizzi

Comment

Only negotiating power 0-3 yr players have is saying no to the raise they're offered. When they do that (all 3 did), then they have to accept what the spreadsheet spits out which is primarily based on service time. Boxberger is as good as traded from the team IMO while they're trying to work out an extension with Odorizzi

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/baseb...layers/2268145
                            Sure. But check out the general negativity of a similar move made by the Pirates to Cole in their 2k16 thread.

Comment

Only negotiating power 0-3 yr players have is saying no to the raise they're offered. When they do that (all 3 did), then they have to accept what the spreadsheet spits out which is primarily based on service time. Boxberger is as good as traded from the team IMO while they're trying to work out an extension with Odorizzi

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/baseb...layers/2268145
                              If I were Odorizzi, I'd politely tell them to go and fuck themselves. They're saving about 4 grand, four thousand dollars for a major league franchise. Hell, that's not even worth bending over to pick up for a major league team. And then when I was leaving, I'd tell them just how much their 1,600 dollar pay cut REALLY cost them.
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• What is the prognosis for alex cobb's return? Immediately into the rotation? And when, end of May or some time in June ?

Comment

Working...
                                X