LeBron Heading Back to Cleveland...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LeBron Heading Back to Cleveland...

Looks like that dick Dan Gilbert had to swallow his pride (and his stupid letter) in order to win a few titles...well worth the red face.

Now, if they can figure out some way to pay Kevin Love, the Wolves can get Wiggins and ??? to start all over...again.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

If you listen to Gilbert, he regretted the letter almost from the day it went out, that it was pride that kept him from retracting. I can see that as at least partly true. Certainly LBJ has had regrets. Gilbert did have a great line, "We had five good years and one bad night."

I don't think Love is the next piece. They need a post defender who rebounds, not a shooter who rebounds. They have enough shooters. More than anything, they need time and experience.

The unsung winner in all this is the Browns. Johnny Football is no longer the big story in town.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
      If you listen to Gilbert, he regretted the letter almost from the day it went out, that it was pride that kept him from retracting. I can see that as at least partly true. Certainly LBJ has had regrets. Gilbert did have a great line, "We had five good years and one bad night."

I don't think Love is the next piece. They need a post defender who rebounds, not a shooter who rebounds. They have enough shooters. More than anything, they need time and experience.

The unsung winner in all this is the Browns. Johnny Football is no longer the big story in town.

J
      They've got those guys if they step up...Varejao and Thompson can both fill the bill there. They really need to have that big threat that can both rebound and shoot from the outside when LBJ and Irving drive to the hoop and kick it out. If you can get three legitimate options that can do everything on the court, it's virtually impossible for a team to defend that.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        They've got those guys if they step up...Varejao and Thompson can both fill the bill there. They really need to have that big threat that can both rebound and shoot from the outside when LBJ and Irving drive to the hoop and kick it out. If you can get three legitimate options that can do everything on the court, it's virtually impossible for a team to defend that.
        Spencer Hawes fit the bill, but he is gone to LA. That's a guy with a strange fantasy group: Blks, Reb, 3pt.

Cleveland has real size issues. Varejao is the ballhandling big guy, but he gets hurt. I'm not sure what Thompson does, but he looks like a player in pictures. He's also a lightweight at 4, as in skinny. They had Zeller, who has played beside Varejao a lot. He went to Boston.

Maybe Love is the answer, but I think they will look longer term.

J
        Last edited by onejayhawk; 07-12-2014, 12:18 AM.
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Of course it goes without saying we are all thrill over decision 2. Especially how he handle it this time - if you haven't taken the time to read his SI essay, please do. This is the difference between a young man and mature man handling of a situation . Even some of my friends who have said they never wanted him back now can accept him " coming home". That essay was a piece of sports history and a brilliant PR/ buisiness move.

I hope the cavs don't trade Wiggens . I watched him last night in Summer ball and he is going to be great. Minn is going to lose Love either this year or next so I hope they wait them out. First offer I heard was waiters, bennet and a # one. Bennet also look good last night. So did Blatts offense.

Comment

This is true. from a legacy perspective, This was a brilliant move.
            J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by hacko View Post
              Of course it goes without saying we are all thrill over decision 2. Especially how he handle it this time - if you haven't taken the time to read his SI essay, please do. This is the difference between a young man and mature man handling of a situation . Even some of my friends who have said they never wanted him back now can accept him " coming home". That essay was a piece of sports history and a brilliant PR/ buisiness move.

I hope the cavs don't trade Wiggens . I watched him last night in Summer ball and he is going to be great. Minn is going to lose Love either this year or next so I hope they wait them out. First offer I heard was waiters, bennet and a # one. Bennet also look good last night. So did Blatts offense.
              You've got enough, stop being greedy... we deserve a little something up here in the frozen north too.

Seriously, if the Cavs want to win now, and for the next 5 seasons, they get Love and deal Wiggins to the Wolves....if they hold up a deal because of him, they're crazy. The issue as I see it is how they pay Love, because he'll come in all smiles, but he's a whiney little ass when he doesn't get his way. But I think that 'Bron can keep him in check and convince him that the way to basketball immortality is in the titles.

If Flip Saunders deals Love off for anything less than Wiggins, there'll be a total boycott of the franchise in this town, they might as well move it to Fargo.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

You've got enough, stop being greedy... we deserve a little something up here in the frozen north too.

Seriously, if the Cavs want to win now, and for the next 5 seasons, they get Love and deal Wiggins to the Wolves....if they hold up a deal because of him, they're crazy. The issue as I see it is how they pay Love, because he'll come in all smiles, but he's a whiney little ass when he doesn't get his way. But I think that 'Bron can keep him in check and convince him that the way to basketball immortality is in the titles.

If Flip Saunders deals Love off for anything less than Wiggins, there'll be a total boycott of the franchise in this town, they might as well move it to Fargo.
                50 fn years - we deserve to be greedy - we are starvin down here.

I think Waiters is going to be a very very good player - he avg 19 in the second half and carried them when Kyrie was hurt. Cavs have 3 # 1 next year so I throw in another one before Wigginns.

Lets face it - the Love deal or no deal will depend on what has been discuss between Lebron (camp) and the Cavs. If part of his signing is you have to get Love NOW then it will happen. If they discuss other options and the Cavs have a ton of them then any thing can happen. What has been talked about is if the Wiggins for LOve was a sure thing then Wiggins would not have played last night . (which he did play alot) risking Inj. Cavs and Wiggins camp said they are not trading him.

If Lebon can look at the Big Pic and SAy lets keep Wiggins and worry about Big man in season (unloading of contracts) or off season then the CAvs have a ton of Options/flexibility.(Haywood contract...) Plus it will be a lot easier this time around getting some Free agents to come to town.

I would at least play chicken with Minn/Flip - They are losing Love no matter what so if Cavs say no Wiggins what are there options???? I think the Cav even without Wiggins in the deal have better options then most teams.

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                  Spencer Hawes fit the bill, but he is gone to LA. That's a guy with a strange fantasy group: Blks, Reb, 3pt.

J
                  And bad timing on leaving a team - he sitting at home now saying Damn it !!!!

Comment

50 fn years - we deserve to be greedy - we are starvin down here.

I think Waiters is going to be a very very good player - he avg 19 in the second half and carried them when Kyrie was hurt. Cavs have 3 # 1 next year so I throw in another one before Wigginns.

Lets face it - the Love deal or no deal will depend on what has been discuss between Lebron (camp) and the Cavs. If part of his signing is you have to get Love NOW then it will happen. If they discuss other options and the Cavs have a ton of them then any thing can happen. What has been talked about is if the Wiggins for LOve was a sure thing then Wiggins would not have played last night . (which he did play alot) risking Inj. Cavs and Wiggins camp said they are not trading him.

If Lebon can look at the Big Pic and SAy lets keep Wiggins and worry about Big man in season (unloading of contracts) or off season then the CAvs have a ton of Options/flexibility.(Haywood contract...) Plus it will be a lot easier this time around getting some Free agents to come to town.

I would at least play chicken with Minn/Flip - They are losing Love no matter what so if Cavs say no Wiggins what are there options???? I think the Cav even without Wiggins in the deal have better options then most teams.
                    Minnesota needs a STAR, not a bunch of good pieces. If the Cavs didn't blow the #1 pick last year, it would be a no-brainer to make the deal without Wiggins, but they blew it with Bennett, instead of any of a number of better, but still not great, players.

Flip has a lot of leverage actually, Chicago wants Love badly, especially with 'Melo probably going back to NY. And Flip loves Gibson, Butler, and and picks...and I don't believe for a second that Golden State won't deal Klay Thompson and whatever for Love if Flip says let's do it. Boston also has some decent assents, and want's Love badly. So there are options out there for the Wolves.

And let's face it, LeBron is entering his 12th years in the league, that's a lot of miles on those legs...he's not going to want to wait for a couple of years for Wiggins to develop into that key 3rd piece of a "big three" that needed to be a prohibitive favorite to win it all. It's also telling that 'Bron never mentioned Wiggins as a player that he was looking forward to playing with/mentoring. And playing in the summer league is no biggie, it's not like the Wolves are going to contend this year anyway, if Wiggins gets hurt, it won't effect the deal, IMO.

Getting Love is the difference between being a prohibitive favorite to win it all, and being one of 4-5 teams that COULD win it all. I think 'Bron is calling the shots here, and I think he'll want Love.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Minnesota needs a STAR, not a bunch of good pieces. If the Cavs didn't blow the #1 pick last year, it would be a no-brainer to make the deal without Wiggins, but they blew it with Bennett, instead of any of a number of better, but still not great, players.

Flip has a lot of leverage actually, Chicago wants Love badly, especially with 'Melo probably going back to NY. And Flip loves Gibson, Butler, and and picks...and I don't believe for a second that Golden State won't deal Klay Thompson and whatever for Love if Flip says let's do it. Boston also has some decent assents, and want's Love badly. So there are options out there for the Wolves.

And let's face it, LeBron is entering his 12th years in the league, that's a lot of miles on those legs...he's not going to want to wait for a couple of years for Wiggins to develop into that key 3rd piece of a "big three" that needed to be a prohibitive favorite to win it all. It's also telling that 'Bron never mentioned Wiggins as a player that he was looking forward to playing with/mentoring. And playing in the summer league is no biggie, it's not like the Wolves are going to contend this year anyway, if Wiggins gets hurt, it won't effect the deal, IMO.

Getting Love is the difference between being a prohibitive favorite to win it all, and being one of 4-5 teams that COULD win it all. I think 'Bron is calling the shots here, and I think he'll want Love.
                      As I said it is what they agree on what the future was going to be to get him to sign. If lebron said get love no matter what - wiggins is gone. If he said wait to see what happens . Then the trade doesn't happen .

Comment

And bad timing on leaving a team - he sitting at home now saying Damn it !!!!
                        Not necessarily. The Clips are a good place for him. He won't clog the low blocks, so he could see time with both Jordan and Griffin. He gives Griffin a another kick out option.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

happy to see LeBron w a 2 yr deal and an opt out after next season, so we can do this all again next summer!
                          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                            happy to see LeBron w a 2 yr deal and an opt out after next season, so we can do this all again next summer!
                            They are saying back here that is only because of there being a new agreement or cap he will sign a longer deal when that gets done, he is committed to the long haul.

Comment

Wow, you guys never learn!
                              #justkidding #ithink
                              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                              X