X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
    Wow, you guys never learn!
    #justkidding #ithink
    We'll that is true - FANS never do learn .

What we are banking on is that HE has learn!!!!!

1. No place like home
    2. Bringing just 1 championship to Cleveland will do more for his legacy then any championship anywhere else!!!
    3. The backlash for him leaving Cleveland after 1/2 years(esp after his essay) will be bigger then the first.

Which leads to our biggest hope for him staying. His q rating and popularity took a huge beating in 2010 it has climb some since and I have a feeling because of that" essay" and the feel good part of the story of the Prodigal Son returning this will have a huge jump for him again. The righting of what he did wrong -story.

Comment

yeah, I think that's likely.

have been to Cleveland dozens of times - excellent sports city that deserves a winner FINALLY.

Miami, great city but lousy sports town (though with all the models walking down Collins Ave, who wants to be stuck inside watching a game on TV!)
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Well, now were talking!

A league source said on July 17 that the Cavs are now willing to trade the No. 1 overall pick in the 2014 draft.

Wiggins, a 6-foot-8, 194-pounder, has played well at the Las Vegas Summer League, where he’s become a crowd favorite. The former Kansas star has averaged 13.7 points and 3.0 rebounds in the Cavs’ first three games. However, he’s shooting just 37.8 percent from the field.

Up until this point, it was assumed the Cavs wanted to hang onto Wiggins, largely because of comments made by Coach David Blatt.

However, a source said James wants the 6-10, 250-pound Love on the roster.

And, what James wants, he normally gets.

The latest offer could include Wiggins, power forward Anthony Bennett and a first-round pick. Center Brendan Haywood might be included in the deal to make it work contractually.
        Ever since LeBron James returned to Cleveland, talks have intensified for All-Star power forward Kevin Love. Rumors have surfaced that the Cavaliers wouldn’t include rookie swingman Andrew Wi…
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Annnnnd, it's done (pending league approval), on Saturday! And Minnesota has done better than anyone had a right to expect for that whiny malcontent Love. The Wolves get Wiggins, Bennett, Thaddeus Young from Philly, and a 4 million dollar trade exception. they also give a #1 to Philly and 2 players who have no future and are essentially expiring contracts. I have no idea why Philly wants to deal Young, but it really makes the deal much better, and Wiggins actually wants to be here, which is a shock.

Thanks LeBron, for giving this cursed franchise a legitimate shot at a brighter future.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Good Lord, this deal has turned out better than I could have hoped...Wiggins has turned it on, and is in the process of becoming a great player. While Love is having a sub-standard season to the point that the Cavs may not even try to keep him...almost certainly won't max his contract when it expires. Dude is simply a matador on defense, and the Cavs are suffering for it.

Wiggins can do everything, drive to the hoop, hit 3's, pass the ball, and I think that he'll become what Love could never be, a plus defender. While the Wolves currently suck, I think the future is going to be pretty nice...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Imagine if LeBron leaves town after the season!
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                Imagine if LeBron leaves town after the season!
                Aaron Gleeman retweeted
                Zach Harper ‏@talkhoops 45m45 minutes ago

Two teenagers in NBA history have had at least 30 points, nine boards, four assists, and three blocks in a game: LeBron and Wiggins.

0 replies 16 retweets 6 favorites

Reply Retweet16 Favorite6
                More

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                X