Opening in standard 5x5 ESPN roto league

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening in standard 5x5 ESPN roto league

FREE for the remainder of 2014 with $75 prepayment for 2015. Looking for an active manager to build for the future
    1. Administration:

A. MISSION STATEMENT:
    The purpose of Chicks Dig The Long ball is to emulate the significant tasks, that a major league general manager undertakes in order to build a championship team. This league emphasizes the drafting of quality prospects, acquiring free agents and making trades that will put your team over the top and competing for the League Championship.
    B. FEES:
    Twelve individual owners will make a $75 investment via e-check or credit card, through LeagueSafe.com in order to compete for the opportunity to win a total of $900
    C. PAYOUT:
    1st Place: $500
    2nd Place: $300
    3rd Place: $100
    League Safe allows the distribution of prize money 24 hours after the conclusion of the MLB regular season, by e-check, prepaid visa card, or paper check.

2. Settings
    A. Overview
    ESPN Standard 5x5 Rotisserie with weekly lineup changes, lineups will lock 5 minutes before 1st game of the week. Four player acquisitions per week, 24 hour waiver period
    B. Hitting Categories (5)
    HR's RBI's RUNS SB'S AVG.
    C. Pitching Categories (5)
    WINS K's SAVES ERA WHIP
    D. Format
    Compete versus the entire league from opening day till the final game of the season for a chance to win the big prize.

3. Rosters
    A. ESPN ROSTERS
    Each team consists of 27 players. 13 Batters, 9 Pitchers and 5 Bench Players
    Positions are as follow: C 1B 2B 3B SS CI MI 5OF Utility 9 Pitchers
    B. PRO BOARDS ROSTERS
    This is where you will post your initial roster which was drafted to keep track which round players were drafted. Also where you will post your MAX of 12 keepers before the deadline that they are due. Which the deadline will be Exactly 1 week before we have our annual draft.
    C. KEEPERS
    You keep a max of 12 players per season. Whichever round that your keeper was drafted, you will lose that round pick in the draft the following year. So for example, I draft Trout #1 overall and I decide I want to keep him. So during the draft the following year I lose my 1st round pick during the draft. There will be no limit on how many years u can keep one certain player. Also remember you don't have to keep all 10. Also if thruout the season you make a trade for a player and he was drafted in the same round that one of your other players were drafted in you lose the next highest draft pick. So for example I traded for player A and he was drafted in same round as player B that is already on my team and they both are 5th rounders. If I choose to keep both players I will lose my 6th round pick in the following years draft.
    D. DL PLAYERS
    Once a player is put on the DL, and he becomes active, the team will have 2 weekly periods to activate the player or you will be forced to drop the player. So activate him or LOSE him. There will be no excuses. So please don't make me be the bad guy.

D. FAAB'S
    Each team will be allowed $300 for there (F)ree (A)gent (A)quisition (B)udget
    Each team throughout the week if desired will make a blind bid for free agents and on Sunday whomever bid the most for that player will be awarded him. ESPN will handle all FAAB bids.

4. Draft
    Initial draft will be a snake draft and also I will perform a draft randomizer thru FFToolbox.com. Every other year the draft order will be determined by standings the previous season. Champ gets last. And Last place gets 1st

5, Trades
    Trade are definitely encouraged, but keep in mind that any lopsided trade will not be allowed by the Commissioner. Also dumping of rosters will not be tolerated and if it is known then it will be the Commissioner's discretion whether or not to allow that manager to return the following season

6 Offseason
    Rosters will be frozen at the conclusion of the MLB season. Final offseason rosters will reflect whatever players are on your team at that time. Players may be traded after season's end as long as the parties involved in the trade are paid up with league due's for the following season.

7. Enforcement
    We as owners are responsible for knowing all the information in the league Bylaws. The league mainly focuses on being civilized and act in a manner that will show great reflection on the league as a whole. We are all adults here, and we all like to be treated as adults. So let's all have a great season and be competitive. I would personally like to wish everyone luck. And may the best man/women win. Also if I see any business go on that I feel causes collusion or if any of the managers destroy there team so it makes it tough for me as commish to re advertise. That such owner's rights of that team will be terminated immediately and you will be removed from the league with no refund of any league payment

SLOT PLAYER, TEAM POS ACQ
    C Carlos Santana, Cle%C, 1B, 3B, DH Draft
    1B Matt Adams, StL%1B%S Draft
    2B Jason Kipnis, Cle%2B Draft
    3B David Wright, NYM%3B%S Trade
    SS Andrelton Simmons, Atl%SS%S Draft
    2B/SS Omar Infante, KC%2B Free Agency
    1B/3B Allen Craig, StL%1B, OF Trade
    OF Martin Prado, Ari%3B, 2B, OF Draft
    OF Austin Jackson, Det%OF Draft
    OF Rajai Davis, Det%OF Draft
    OF Will Venable, SD%OF Free Agency