Manziel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manziel

Does this guy have Todd Marinovich written all over him, or what?

I think he is going to be a mess
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I'm really trying to like him (as a Browns fan)....I mean let's be honest...one of the best teams in the 70's were the Oakland Raiders and most of the stars partied hard during the offseason and many during the season...but on Sunday, they did their job.

If the media world of today would have existed back then, many of the HOFers would have been "called out" by the public.

I'll continue to reserve harsh judgement until he actually gets caught doing anything illegal/suspended.

Until then, let him have fun and enjoy himself.

If he wins....no one will care...especially in Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
        Does this guy have Todd Marinovich written all over him, or what?
        No, no he does not. He's a kid with as much talent as anyone who's come into the game in the last 25 years...he's a football savant. I think that 22 teams that passed on him will be cursing their GM's for years to come for not having the balls to draft this guy...so what if he likes to party? Let me know when he does something illegal, like, oh I don't know, knock his wife out? Ship dope across country? Issue terroristic threats in airports? Till that time comes, I'll enjoy watching him play...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          No, no he does not. He's a kid with as much talent as anyone who's come into the game in the last 25 years...he's a football savant. I think that 22 teams that passed on him will be cursing their GM's for years to come for not having the balls to draft this guy...so what if he likes to party? Let me know when he does something illegal, like, oh I don't know, knock his wife out? Ship dope across country? Issue terroristic threats in airports? Till that time comes, I'll enjoy watching him play...
          Theyre all awesome until they fall on their faces. Hopefully he isn't hitting the purple drank too hard.
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
            I'm really trying to like him (as a Browns fan)....I mean let's be honest...one of the best teams in the 70's were the Oakland Raiders and most of the stars partied hard during the offseason and many during the season...but on Sunday, they did their job.

If the media world of today would have existed back then, many of the HOFers would have been "called out" by the public.

I'll continue to reserve harsh judgement until he actually gets caught doing anything illegal/suspended.

Until then, let him have fun and enjoy himself.

If he wins....no one will care...especially in Cleveland.
            Yeah, I get that - as well as what Hornsby said. I try not to follow the gossip rags too much, but, man, you gotta admit, after he won the Heisman, there's been nothing but negative stuff in his personal life that's been popping up. Obviously, nothing too severe on a Josh Gordon/Justin Blackmon-type scale but, still, where there's smoke to this degree there's gotta be some fire.

I will say, though, that if I'm him I'd be minding my p's and q's with such a microscope he's under. Sure, other guys can go roll up bills in a Vegas bathroom and no one would bat an eye, but if I'm Johnny Manziel and my employer has told me to be a good boy, I'm going to err on the side of caution.

Comment

Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
              Yeah, I get that - as well as what Hornsby said. I try not to follow the gossip rags too much, but, man, you gotta admit, after he won the Heisman, there's been nothing but negative stuff in his personal life that's been popping up. Obviously, nothing too severe on a Josh Gordon/Justin Blackmon-type scale but, still, where there's smoke to this degree there's gotta be some fire.

I will say, though, that if I'm him I'd be minding my p's and q's with such a microscope he's under. Sure, other guys can go roll up bills in a Vegas bathroom and no one would bat an eye, but if I'm Johnny Manziel and my employer has told me to be a good boy, I'm going to err on the side of caution.
              And that last sentence of yours is why I like him...he basically said I'll do what I want to on my time, you can tell me to do what you want on yours. If he fails, it's on his shoulders and nobody elses...

The NFL is such a stick up the ass league that it's nice to see someone who didn't play by the rules, but succeeds anyway. Same reason I always appreciated TO...always showed up on Sunday, but you never knew what he was going to do the rest of the time...
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

And that last sentence of yours is why I like him...he basically said I'll do what I want to on my time, you can tell me to do what you want on yours. If he fails, it's on his shoulders and nobody elses...

The NFL is such a stick up the ass league that it's nice to see someone who didn't play by the rules, but succeeds anyway. Same reason I always appreciated TO...always showed up on Sunday, but you never knew what he was going to do the rest of the time...
                I like the TO example, Horns! But with TO like that out of college before he played a down of pro football.

But, I'm like Friar on the fact, that if you run your life JUST on the edge of illegal, you open yourself up to scandals.....someone plants drugs in your car, chicks charging you for rape (even if it wasn't)....etc....that's what scares me....because be honest, who's going to stick up for Johnny if this happens..no one..it will be one big "I told you so!" and the media will eat it alive and Sargent Goodell will burn him at the stake.

Comment

Even when TO was a Cowboy, I liked George Teague better.

Comment

the Browns are really in a good situation at QB. some of the best rookie quarterback seasons happened recently. which makes me worry that Cleveland wants to get in on it too. maybe the rule changes had an impact. maybe the style changed from running to passing. but to be sure, the temptation to draft a franchise QB and immediately try to catch lightning in a bottle is more prominent. RG3 and Luck played good. Cam Newton was great, and made the pro bowl with Andy Dalton. Big Ben won 13 games in a row. or maybe the Browns are hoping for a Kurt Warner situation. 1 game rookie season and 41 td and 13 int and 109.2 rating the second season.

i like Brian Hoyer. i got to see him play a total of 3 plays last year. when the browns got the ball vs the bills, he looked like he was gonna march down the field. this was the game that everyone tuning in late to see this guy was watching. and then he got injured. and for 3 plays he looked to have a quick release, quick decision making, accurate throw, and confidence aka leadership.

it really boils down to the Cleveland defense. the way to win is to do what the 49'rs did. i don't know if it was Mike Singletary the front office or both. but before the 49'rs were good again, the lost A LOT of close games. which burns me that he got fired and Harbaugh got all the credit and dealt with the Smith/Kaepernick situation the same anyways; who both

then you got the AFC looking at the best defenses in the NFL being in the NFC. SEA, 49rs, CAR respectively; who both appropriated teams ready to win -i expected the Chiefs to do what they did. that's probably why Denver signed Habib Talib and NE signed Revis.

so the question is, can Cleveland lose close games and then the next year win them instead? do they want to be like Roethlisberger, Warner, Kaepernick or Newton, Bradford or even Marino.

Comment

i like Jim Harbaugh tho. as a player at least. anyone that can throw an INT and run back for a touch down right in front of Mike Ditka, right in front of the cameras is entertainment. and Harbaugh did it often vs the Vikings. i imagine it was like a Phil Simms / Bill Parcells relationship. and the later Harbaugh had that good year in IND.

i just think that Mike Singletary would of won a championship by now. unless im wrong?..

Comment

The locker room is already split on who should start, Hoyer or Johnny Football. Apparently he's made a rapid rise....

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                          it really boils down to the Cleveland defense. the way to win is to do what the 49'rs did. i don't know if it was Mike Singletary the front office or both. but before the 49'rs were good again, the lost A LOT of close games.
                          brian hoyer! hey the writing was on the wall. 4 games so far and a combined 8 point difference in them combined. this is a team that is turning it around. and this is a team that should be 4-0 if it wasn't for a fake punt vs PIT and sadly that hoyer couldn't get them in FG twice to win, or get a 1st down to run out the clock vs Bal.

i started the season as new browns fan, and it's been fun. you have to be excited about this team right now.

Comment

and correct me if im wrong but did the titans go for it with 3 mins left on 4th and 1 from their own 32 yard line with a 6 point lead? thats just being afraid of giving the ball back to brain hoyer!

Comment

Ayup...

Cleveland Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel was at the center of a fight in a Cleveland hotel/apartment building early Saturday morning.

Comment

Working...
                              X