No announcement yet.

Manziel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's pretty much on the verge of being blackballed by the league.....

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
      Apparently the Browns lied about Manziel being in the concussion protocol Week 17. He had actually shown up to practice drunk, according to NFL Network.
      Although they both seemed to be out of their element, how amazing is it that the handling/bungling of this character led to the dismissals of both Pettine and Farmer?

Comment

I'm starting to wonder if this kid makes it to his next birthday.

"Former Cleveland Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel, 23, is accused of trashing a mansion in West Hollywood, California.

According to Emily Smith of Page Six, real estate broker Nicholas Goodwin said Manziel partied for two days straight at the Los Angeles property last week, leaving evidence of alcohol and drug use and causing $32,000 in damage."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...aign=editorial
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Seems like one of those guys who is going to be in bankruptcy 4 years out of the league for sure.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

This is what happens when you're never told "No" your whole life then given millions of dollars and expected to act like an adult - when the rules of life have never applied to you.

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
              Seems like one of those guys who is going to be in bankruptcy 4 years out of the league for sure.
              Manziel was already wealthy before he set foot in the NFL, as his grandfather was wildly successful in the oil business and his dad is a prominent attorney. The guy's had money his whole life. This is probably par for the course for him, but now he's in the pro spotlight and as Friar said, he's probably surrounded himself with yes men. But now he has [had] an actual employer and can't handle it. It's too bad because he had actual talent and it's being squandered.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                Manziel was already wealthy before he set foot in the NFL, as his grandfather was wildly successful in the oil business and his dad is a prominent attorney. The guy's had money his whole life. This is probably par for the course for him, but now he's in the pro spotlight and as Friar said, he's probably surrounded himself with yes men. But now he has [had] an actual employer and can't handle it. It's too bad because he had actual talent and it's being squandered.
                eh, then it's his life I guess... if you've got the money to act like an asshole for the rest of your life, enjoy it. Just make sure it's only property you hit before you run.
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Free agent Johnny Manziel has been indicted by a Dallas county grand jury on a misdemeanor assault charge.
                  He's accused of hitting ex-girlfriend Colleen Crowley "several times" while driving a vehicle. Sources told CBS Dallas that Crowley and Manziel reached a civil settlement, but the legal process must now run its course. Crowley also got a restraining order that prohibits Manziel from seeing her until at least 2018. Manziel may not end up in jail for the charge, but he could face NFL discipline, further reducing Manziel's chances of returning to the league anytime soon.
                  Source: CBS Dallas-Fort Worth via Rotoworld
                  Apr 24 - 9:55 PM
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Some brutally honest quotes from Manziel's father:

"He's a druggie. It's not a secret that he's a druggie. I don't know what to say other than my son is a druggie and he needs help. He just hasn't seeked it yet. Hopefully he doesn't die before he comes to his senses. That's about all you can say. I don't know what else to say. I hate to say it but I hope he goes to jail.
                    I mean, that would be the best place for him. So we'll see."

"I had him in rehab and he escaped and the doctors let him go, and that is a whole other story. So, I mean, I had him and the system failed. It didn't work. He has more money than me so he can outrun me.
                    Like I said, there are two things that are going to happen: He's either going to die, or he's going to figure out that he needs help. It's one of the two. But we've done everything that we can do. Life goes on. You can't just chase somebody that's not willing to listen."

"I truly believe if they can't get him help, he won't live to see his 24th birthday," he said.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post

"He's a druggie. It's not a secret that he's a druggie. I don't know what to say other than my son is a druggie and he needs help. He just hasn't seeked it yet. Hopefully he doesn't die before he comes to his senses. That's about all you can say. I don't know what else to say. I hate to say it but I hope he goes to jail.

"I had him in rehab and he escaped and the doctors let him go, and that is a whole other story. So, I mean, I had him and the system failed. It didn't work. He has more money than me so he can outrun me.
                      Like I said, there are two things that are going to happen: He's either going to die, or he's going to figure out that he needs help. It's one of the two. But we've done everything that we can do. Life goes on. You can't just chase somebody that's not willing to listen."

"I truly believe if they can't get him help, he won't live to see his 24th birthday," he said.

Dayum!

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post

Wow. I would think most of being father's here that hurts. We don't want this to happen to our sons.
                        Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                          And that last sentence of yours is why I like him...he basically said I'll do what I want to on my time, you can tell me to do what you want on yours. If he fails, it's on his shoulders and nobody elses...

The NFL is such a stick up the ass league that it's nice to see someone who didn't play by the rules, but succeeds anyway. Same reason I always appreciated TO...always showed up on Sunday, but you never knew what he was going to do the rest of the time...
                          How's that working out for him?

Comment

Johnny Manziel has signed a 2-year contract with the CFL's Hamilton Tiger-Cats.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                              And that last sentence of yours is why I like him...he basically said I'll do what I want to on my time, you can tell me to do what you want on yours. If he fails, it's on his shoulders and nobody elses...

The NFL is such a stick up the ass league that it's nice to see someone who didn't play by the rules, but succeeds anyway. Same reason I always appreciated TO...always showed up on Sunday, but you never knew what he was going to do the rest of the time...
                              I heard Directv is now offering league pass for CFL games so you can still get your Johnny fix.
                              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                                I heard Directv is now offering league pass for CFL games so you can still get your Johnny fix.
                                LOL...I still like the kid, and I think that he could play in the NFL, but nobody's going to give him a chance at this point. Much better to rotate the Blaine Gabbert types around the league for 10 years and watch them fail time after time.
                                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X